Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
Watch out, Lara!

Too late...

Dirty little bastard...

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
Took a trip to Disneyland yesterday and brought a couple figures along with me.

Just bought this one today.

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
Preliminary face painting. One for me, one for Fogger.
They looked good from the normal viewing distance, but the flaws are apparent close-up.
Looks like I have more repainting ahead of me.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Preliminary face painting. One for me, one for Fogger.
They looked good from the normal viewing distance, but the flaws are apparent close-up.
Looks like I have more repainting ahead of me.

WOW! I wish I could paint details that well...any tips/secrets you can reveal? How about a step by step pic taking tutorial on the 2nd? AMAZING difference. I have been practicing on some headsculpts I got from Jesse...but seriously your work is stunning.

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
WOW! I wish I could paint details that well...any tips/secrets you can reveal? How about a step by step pic taking tutorial on the 2nd? AMAZING difference. I have been practicing on some headsculpts I got from Jesse...but seriously your work is stunning.

Thanks. It's mainly just a steady hand, a 5/0 brush, properly thinned paint, and a headband magnifier.

The one I have is very similar to this (I'm nearsighted, and these old eyes ain't what they used to be).

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Thanks. It's mainly just a steady hand, a 5/0 brush, properly thinned paint, and a headband magnifier.

The one I have is very similar to this (I'm nearsighted, and these old eyes ain't what they used to be).

I think I have that size brush (or I did anyway), I will look for the magnifiier dn I feel my hand is getting steadier... Now, properly thinned paint...I hear so much about this, but have yet to master it...for washes or anything else really...I usually just paint out of the bottle - as I screw up less that way. And obviously that is why I don't do washes. :( I have heard thin it to the consistency of milk and thin with windex and all sorts of stuff, but just haven't gotten it yet.

Thanks for the tips.

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
Even busted out my LEGO

Put together this Dress Blues Marine like 10 years ago.

Some old sets.

New set

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
Awesome!

I've been sorely tempted to pick up some of the Lego City sets out now (ostensibly for my older daughter), but with my 2 1/2 year old always putting stuff in her mouth we've had to pack away any toys with small parts.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
That Covergirl pose is hawt...though she still needs some jaw surgery...she looks like a relative of the Slingblade dude...mmm hmm

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
Sorry, she's all wrapped up and ready to go.

I'm working on another Scarlett for myself, and I'll take photos when I do the leg mod again. It's dead simple.
Anyway, it's nearly 2AM here and I gotta be at work in 6.5 hours.

Here's a goodnight pic, with a different caption. :D

And a bonus artsy pic.

'Night, all.

Ctrl_Z

Enlisted
May 6, 2011
Great posing Fled! :thumbsup:

And you've made her look 100 times better. My Scarlett will never look as good.

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
Thanks again guys!

I just made this crappy quick sketch to illustrate the thigh mod:

Basically you need to lengthen the groove at an angle, where the end of the T-bar goes.
I used a drill bit to grind it down, but I think a hobby file would give more control.