Cloud Strife's WIP

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm liking the shade used on the upper back as closer to how faded camo uniforms looked.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I prefer the two on the back based on the full shot of the figure...the bottom looks nice for a non faded green color and like KT said, the top one is nice for a faded look...adding the camo might change that though...

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I tried 5 more shades of green out: the top front is British Brown Drab, the bottom front is German Light Olive Green, the top back is German Dark Olive Green, the bottom back is Traitor Green and the seat of his britches is Battledress Green:

Here's a shot that shows the difference between Traitor Green and Battledress Green a little better (Battledress has tad more brownish tint to it):

*that shot is for Eddie

Here's a shot showing the 3 greens I like the best so far; British Brown Drab, Traitor Green, & Battledress Green:

And a few shots contrasting between the 2 sample figures:

I'm not sure which one I like the best, but I've narrowed it down to British Brown Drab, Traitor Green, and Battledress Green.

Also, here's a link showing 'Nam era TS camo for reference:

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forum...am-War-Camo-Tiger-Stripe-Duck-Hunter-ERDL-ETC

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I'm like traitor, here.

And I'd be exceedingly careful about period color photographs.

Lol... I came across the link while googling "tiger stripe".

Yeah, that's something I thought about and am keeping in mind, but it does have some good reference pics of the stripes and pattern.

Which green do you consider to be the best, KT?

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I got some of Giga Bread's Joe designs and thought I'd share some pics of them "primed":

Ripper:

Zanzibar:

Monkeywrench:

Torch:

Buzzer:

Chuckles:

Nathan Drake:

Heartwrencher:

I had to do some some light sanding here and there, but all-in-all, they turned out really well. Especially, considering how it seems to be a crapshoot with the quality of work from the printers.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I actually sold all of my 'Noks last year, along with all of my customs when we needed the money for some medical bills. I'm actually wanting to do something similar to Wry1's 'Noks:

I'm not planning on going for 100% accuracy with Wry1's 'Noks, but I'm definitely planning on using them for inspiration.

SE 55

Rookie customizer
Aug 16, 2012
Tennessee
That's so funny. I just got in the Zarana torso and head from Angel Forge. I am only going to attempt Zarana and Zandar though

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I actually sold all of my 'Noks last year, along with all of my customs when we needed the money for some medical bills. I'm actually wanting to do something similar to Wry1's 'Noks:

I'm not planning on going for 100% accuracy with Wry1's 'Noks, but I'm definitely planning on using them for inspiration.

I totally forgot about that bro. Sorry to bring it back up, my bad.

Consider me interested. Cannot wait to see you tackle them again, and in a new style!!

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
That's so funny. I just got in the Zarana torso and head from Angel Forge. I am only going to attempt Zarana and Zandar though

Yeah, Krexx did an amazing job on those sculpts! Have fun with them!

I totally forgot about that bro. Sorry to bring it back up, my bad.

Consider me interested. Cannot wait to see you tackle them again, and in a new style!!

Haha... It's all good, man. I feel I can make every one of those customs even better now. It just gave me the motivation to remake all of those characters again. Of course, the time to make them is another issue, lol.

I still have to figure out the rest of the parts I'm going to be using for them, and have no idea when I'll get around to them, but considering I plan on remaking almost all of the characters I made before, if not all of them, I should have plenty to tie me over until I figure out the recipes for the 'Noks.

Mswi

Teabagging Ninja
Feb 16, 2012
Finally!!! something....... though I see your developing MUT tendacies, Tsk,tsk :)

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone

Shit, I have both of those that I don't think I'll use... Wish I'd known, I don't think I'll wind up using them now.

Lemme go dig through and find those Roadpig parts you PMed me about and I forgot. ;)

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Those heads look sweet.

For future reference, any heads you get printed that you're unsure of, photograph them before doing any alterations. If you contact customer service, a lot of times they'll do an investigation with production and they'll discover it was some error and replace it.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Finally!!! something....... though I see your developing MUT tendacies, Tsk,tsk :)

:'(

Shit, I have both of those that I don't think I'll use... Wish I'd known, I don't think I'll wind up using them now.

Lemme go dig through and find those Roadpig parts you PMed me about and I forgot. ;)

Thanks, Rex! I know it's been almost a year since my last Joe custom. Glad to see you're dropping by to see what I'm working on and glad to see me customizing again :).

Man that MW print looks phenomenal!

I honestly, think they all do. I'm hoping Giga does the remaining 'Noks as well. I mean the 80's 'Noks, as I don't care for any of them after that decade.

Those heads look sweet.

For future reference, any heads you get printed that you're unsure of, photograph them before doing any alterations. If you contact customer service, a lot of times they'll do an investigation with production and they'll discover it was some error and replace it.

Thanks, for the info, Giga! I think I was fortunate to get some pretty good prints. I think the "discoloration" of the material created optical illusions and made them look worse than what they actually were before I painted them. I didn't have to do much sanding, and not all of them had to have any sanding done. They look great in person. Phenomenal work.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Thanks, Rex! I know it's been almost a year since my last Joe custom. Glad to see you're dropping by to see what I'm working on and glad to see me customizing again :).

I was talking to SE55 on that one! Hijacking your thread!

But I agree with the post that you must've read that I didn't write. ;)

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I was talking to SE55 on that one! Hijacking your thread!

But I agree with the post that you must've read that I didn't write. ;)

Haha... Yeah, I figured I would pretend you checked in and said something to ME... :(. That and just to see if anyone would noticed what I did there.

LOL... The perfect video for the situation!

Great to see you back in the customizing World!

Thanks, Morelock!

Once I get my order from TofuJesse, I'll have plenty to work with.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
It's been over a year since my last Joe custom. I wasn't sure of how rusty I would be, but I think I found my stride again.

Here's my latest custom Joe and he's mostly done. I just have a few things to do and I'll take some finished pics. It's another custom Falcon (I think this is my 3rd one).

Topside

Disgruntled Goat
Aug 6, 2012
NYS- Finger Lakes
It's been over a year since my last Joe custom. I wasn't sure of how rusty I would be, but I think I found my stride again.

Here's my latest custom Joe and he's mostly done. I just have a few things to do and I'll take some finished pics. It's another custom Falcon (I think this is my 3rd one).

Yeah, I'd say you found your stride.

What head is that? I've been looking for something similar to use on a Big Brawler update.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
That head is great!

Looks like a combo of a few different web gears, which is pretty cool.

Yeah, Krexx did an amazing job on the head sculpt!

The web gear is the one that comes with the 3-pack Retaliation BH. I added the knife, radio, and the radio pack on the back (which you can't see in these photos). The radio pack is the Bbi one. The belt is cut-off from the Retaliation Joe Trooper web gear.

Yeah, I'd say you found your stride.

What head is that? I've been looking for something similar to use on a Big Brawler update.

Thanks, man!

The head was sculpted by Krexx (sculptor for The Angel Forge).

SE 55

Rookie customizer
Aug 16, 2012
Tennessee
Great to see u working on customs again Cloud! Always nice to see fellow Tennesseans do such awesome work!!