Joe Con 2014

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
2014 has a date and location:

Hello everyone!

GI Joe's 50th Birthday will be celebrated April 10-13 at the Hyatt Regency Dallas.

You can make your hotel reservations now by going to GIJoeCon.com. The room rate is $142 and they will require a one night's deposit with your reservation. Don't wait until the rooms are all gone!

This will be a grand celebration of the world's first action figure! More details will be available in the coming weeks at GIJoeCon.com. Soon we will start posting the convention set details and we hope to have registration up by Thanksgiving (we are currently in the middle of a total re-write of the registration system to serve you better).

See you in Dallas!

Brian

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I know of some casters that will probably be there.

Maybe someone can buy the last of what Aly owes me at the Con for me! Over 3 1/2 years...

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
I'll go when they bring it to Chicago. Which will probably be never, lol.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I may be going this year, as a first-timer. I will likely be skipping SDCC I think since I've been 2 years in a row and this last year was a tad meh to me. The set really will seal the deal if I go. If it's just mediocre, I'll get the set if I like at least half, but won't waste the effort to go.

For some reason, I have a strong feeling it could be Tiger-Force, but I'm hoping it's something better.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
They need to have it in Dayton, OH and we can go to the Air Force Museum...

headed out there in two weeks...hopefully my meetings don't run up until 4:30 again and I have to do the 30 minute run through...

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I was confused on that post as well, but when was the last time GI Joe was geared towards kids?

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
I was confused on that post as well, but when was the last time GI Joe was geared towards kids?

Transformers 4 is due out summer 2014. I'm sure the club will have something planned for Botcon for that timeframe.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
It's not that it's geared at kids, but parents with kids are fucked. Either leave the kid at home, or take him with you. That's pretty much the option a parent has. I've never been but I get the impression that it's a family gathering for a lot of people. Probably not as many as the manbabies going by themselves like me, but still...

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Wanna bet they have d!ck to show there...I know you'd think they would have tons of new stuff to show, but giving their recent history, I'd be mighty surprised to see something worthwhile...

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
They need to have it in Dayton, OH and we can go to the Air Force Museum...

headed out there in two weeks...hopefully my meetings don't run up until 4:30 again and I have to do the 30 minute run through...

And then we can drive up to Wapakoneta and get space ice cream!

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
And isn't Dallas crime ridden now since a lot of the Katrina refugees ended up there?

"Dallas? I don't want you goin' to Dallas at all. That place is crawlin' with crack-heads and debutantes, and half of 'em play for the Cowboys."

- Hank Hill, King of the Hill

MMorelock66

Isn't a Gijoe fan
Apr 4, 2012
the land of Virginia
"Dallas? I don't want you goin' to Dallas at all. That place is crawlin' with crack-heads and debutantes, and half of 'em play for the Cowboys."

- Hank Hill, King of the Hill

Any time I see a King of the Hill quote, I weep with joy.

I don't think whatever set is released this year will disappoint me nearly as bad as last year's

Jrsmi6

Leprechan Hunter
I won't be sad about passing up any more sets. I can probably make any figures I want and I am no longer going to concern myself with owning any official versions of characters. I have never bought anything form the GI Joe CC that I haven't regretted later. I haven't even got the first FSS 2 figures yet and I'm already wishing I had skipped it.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Maybe we'll get a "50th anny" set and it will be like the stars and stripes one in modern figs

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
It's not that it's geared at kids, but parents with kids are fucked. Either leave the kid at home, or take him with you. That's pretty much the option a parent has. I've never been but I get the impression that it's a family gathering for a lot of people. Probably not as many as the manbabies going by themselves like me, but still...

ah, That's what the educational vacation slips are for. Around here, If you fill one out, and child is not behind in school. They cant deny you. doesn't matter where you go. If teachers say they are up to date and sign off, good to go. Just did it with our kids for the Beach. Not an issue at all. They all signed off same day I sent it in. Got my official permission the next day.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Some of us Wisconsin guys are trying to work it out to be able to go. I can only go if we get enough people to car pool.

Jrsmi6

Leprechan Hunter
Bet ya Alyosha makes an appearance. :D

He was set up in a booth with Raginspoon last year. I'm not sure why Raginspoon hangs would want to hang out with Aly. Raginspoon seems like a cool quiet guy, where Alyosha was more of a big obnoxious jackass who clearly thinks of himself as some sort of internet celebrity. I'm sure they will both be there because they are both from Texas.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
He was set up in a booth with Raginspoon last year. I'm not sure why Raginspoon hangs would want to hang out with Aly. Raginspoon seems like a cool quiet guy, where Alyosha was more of a big obnoxious jackass who clearly thinks of himself as some sort of internet celebrity. I'm sure they will both be there because they are both from Texas.

Because they live near each other and are friends outside of the hobby.

Grepdogg

AIRMAN OF DOOM
Jun 10, 2012
AZ
I am torn. I love San Diego with the SDCC, but the crowds, panels and crowds are silly now.
This years pics from the Wondercon in Anaheim look awesome, thinking about that - plus near Disneyland for the other half.

People seemed happy with this years POWERCON too - getting back into Motuc more lately.

The con just cannot make it west of Texas. A Phoenix, Denver, Seattle, Portland- even Albuquerque would be great for me.

I just don't know what the draw would be for an O-Ring guy like me, other than trading swag and trying to pay for my vacation scalping convention sets.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
:facepalmsmileywedonthave:

................... .................... ....________
............ ................... .....,.-'".......... .........``~.,
................... ..........,.-"...... .................... ........."-.,
................... ......,/............ .................... ...............":,
................... ..,?................ .................... ..................\,
................... /................... .................... .................... ,}
................./. .................... .................... .............,:`^`.. }
.............../... .................... .................... ........,:"......... /
..............?.... .__................. .................... ....:`.........../
............./__.(. ...."~-,_........... ..................., :`........../
.........../(_...." ~,_........"~,_..... ...............,:`.. ......_/
..........{.._$;_.. ...."=,_......."-,_. ......,.-~-,},.~";/. ...}
...........((.....* ~_......."=-._...... ";,,./`..../"....... ......./
...,,,___.\`~,..... ."~.,............... .....`.....}........ ....../
............(....`= -,,.......`......... ...............(.... ..;_,,-"
............/.`~,.. ....`-.............. .................\.. ..../\
.............\`~.*- ,................... ..................|, ./.....\,__
,,_..........}.> -._\................ ...................| ..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_...... `\,................. ................\
................... `=~-,,.\,........... .................... \
................... .............`:,,... .................... ....`\.............. __
........... ................... .......`=-,......... ..........,%`>--= =``
................... .................... ._\..........._,-%.. .....`\
................... ................,< ;`.._|_,-&``........ ........`\