Joe Con 2014

HeelJoe

Is singin' in Acid Rain
Jan 23, 2013
Midlands - UK
I'm new to all this con malarky but I like the sound of the new figures. F'n gutted I live on my stupid island as the big island has all the good stuff. Wish I could get a green card. I'm stick with ebay prices for life :(

MMorelock66

Isn't a Gijoe fan
Apr 4, 2012
the land of Virginia
I'm new to all this con malarky but I like the sound of the new figures. F'n gutted I live on my stupid island as the big island has all the good stuff. Wish I could get a green card. I'm stick with ebay prices for life :(

A lot of the time you could get someone to help ya out. If the set proves to be remotely interesting, I might do just that

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I doubt I'll find anything interesting aside from a couple of parts, ones that will all but assuredly end up at the casters.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Well, that theme doesn't excite me in the slightest, and the "team" seems weird as hell for the Joe side. The Eco-warriors make sense, but then… T'Jbang and Outback? WTF? Is that so they can squeeze the rest of the EWs into FSS for the next 3 years? They need to quit with that shit.

I'm glad that SDCC registration was delayed, that set's not a big enough draw for me to want to go to JoeCon as it stands.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, T'Jbang? If they were gonna do a Ninja Farce Joe it should have been Nunchuk or Bushido.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You're educated/skilled, I presume white, and speak the King's English.

Yeah, there's no way in hell they're gonna give you a visa.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
That set gets zero interest from me. I understand Zombies are hot now, but it appears to be a pass for me. At least I'll save some $.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
The set...I don't give one flying f*@# about it...the ONLY fig I even care a little bit about is the ToxoViper since I had one when I was a kiddo...

You're educated/skilled, I presume white, and speak the King's English.

Yeah, there's no way in hell they're gonna give you a visa.

Gosh dang that was awesome!

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Kinda surprised no one has commented on the challenge coin, although everyone may have skipped the non-con set parts of the brochure. ;)

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
Hah, nice. Eco warrior Flint was the version I had and Ozone was a decent figure who ended up playing Star Wars Stormtrooper and Space Marine alot.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Also just noticed that the 12" set will have a 3 3/4" Joe Colton included.

Yeah, right now I'm waiting on the nerd community to really blow up over that one. Kind of a dick move, personally, considering you can only buy one or the other of each set with a "ticket" or package, right? I've never given a shit about the Joe Barbie dolls in the first place, so I never really looked to find out. Maybe the doll-collectors will sell the 1:18th ones? :rolleyes:

Unless pics really wow me, I'll probably be looking to trade someone my bagged set from last year for a bagged set from this year, or just do without. Eco-Warriors was a low-point for me. I'm actually the most stoked about that Cobra dog-handler guy over anything.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
This set is working on nostalgia... but it's targeting an era from after I discovered girls and cars and stopped giving a damn. There is nothing in the brochure that gets me excited, and I highly doubt I'll be participating in the joecon-bullshittery this year. Plus, I don't have any credit cards I currently want to get leaked to members of the russian mafia, so I'll refrain from transacting with them this year.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
MR can't wait to give his info away :D

The club loves him. Why buy the vintage ones for a third of the price when you can have some half assed "club" fuck up your personal info and charge you to fix their mess ups? Seems like who I would gladly give money to. Yup. Totally would.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Thought this was interesting:

Customizing Class
Thursday, April 10, 9am-5pm
Want to learn how to customize your G.I. Joe figures? This year we have a very special class in store for you! With the help of our friends John Russell and the team at Boss Fight Studios, we will be teaching you how to create a custom figure using parts that have been created just for this class! When we get closer to the event, we will tell you what parts you need to bring to complete your figure. Who will it be? More to follow later...

In addition, Boss Fight will be demonstrating digital sculpting during the class and at the end of the weekend, you will receive some custom B.A.T. parts that will be designed during the class with direction from the class participants. These will be 3-D printed for you during the convention weekend! It’s a brave new world out there for customizers.
Class is limited to 60 participants. Cost is $75.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
$75 fucking dollars for a custom class?!! HA!! What a rip! I hear there will be a place one day to find all that info. Rumor has it the name will be "internet". Lore is that so much information will be on it that you can do almost anything! I bet when it gets here there will be tons of places to learn how to custom and maybe even get parts for it.

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
Yeah, right now I'm waiting on the nerd community to really blow up over that one. Kind of a dick move, personally, considering you can only buy one or the other of each set with a "ticket" or package, right? I've never given a shit about the Joe Barbie dolls in the first place, so I never really looked to find out. Maybe the doll-collectors will sell the 1:18th ones? :rolleyes:

Unless pics really wow me, I'll probably be looking to trade someone my bagged set from last year for a bagged set from this year, or just do without. Eco-Warriors was a low-point for me. I'm actually the most stoked about that Cobra dog-handler guy over anything.
You know why they have a Joe Colton? So the 12 inch collectors can sell it to get some money back! Just like the 4 inch collectors do with their bagged sets!
SCALPER HEAVEN :shakefist:
The Cobra dog handler could be a repainted Night Adder.

http://generalsjoes.com/2012/07/03/...names-and-identification-for-concept-figures/

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I can understand if you want your kids to try out something like that class but for how much scratch you already put out to drop another $75/person is crazy. As a family event it is something to do together but that $75 could be spent on parts to make your own at home and teach your kids if that is your thing.

Shit, maybe Rex and Medd could charge people to learn to make dio walls! Next custom con you all better be ready to pony up!! :D

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
I can understand if you want your kids to try out something like that class but for how much scratch you already put out to drop another $75/person is crazy. As a family event it is something to do together but that $75 could be spent on parts to make your own at home and teach your kids if that is your thing.

Shit, maybe Rex and Medd could charge people to learn to make dio walls! Next custom con you all better be ready to pony up!! :D

Hey they are just trying to make back the money they spent on the 3D printer!
:pirate:

I'm curious just to know how many people will actually sign-up for that.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Well if they sell out that would be $4,500. If they get $150 too many people did it.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Also just noticed that the 12" set will have a 3 3/4" Joe Colton included.

What the fuck?

Yeah, right now I'm waiting on the nerd community to really blow up over that one. Kind of a dick move, personally, considering you can only buy one or the other of each set with a "ticket" or package, right? I've never given a shit about the Joe Barbie dolls in the first place, so I never really looked to find out. Maybe the doll-collectors will sell the 1:18th ones? :rolleyes:.

same feelings. That fig is going to be a bitch to get.

This set is working on nostalgia... but it's targeting an era from after I discovered girls and cars and stopped giving a damn. There is nothing in the brochure that gets me excited.

This This and This

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
I heard a rumor that TTT is doing all the zombie sculpts.

HA! Yeah, right. He probably wishes he were doing them. :whatever: :rainbow:

Does suck ass being Con sets though. I mean... it's zombies, c'mon. Most everyone is going to want these frickin' things, so yeah... let's make them overpriced Con sets. Sounds about right for Hasbro these days.

DUUUUUUHHHHHHHHH. :rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow: