Joe Con 2014

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
While your assessment of TTT wins you immunity, I do have to put on my HT pants and remind that Hasbro and The GIJCClub are connected but not synonymous. If The Club is making them, that means Big H gave them the greenlight but isn't exactly making them.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Posted on der book of der face:

We are getting questions about the 3 3/4" Joseph Colton figure for GIJoeCon.

"I see that there is a 3 3/4â€￾ Joseph Colton that comes with the General’s Package (with the club display stand system). I’m a 3 3/4â€￾ collector and don’t want to purchase the 12â€￾ set just to get this loose figure. Are there any plans to make this figure available to other attendees?"

Yes! We will be carding a number of these same figures (no display stand or backdrop) for our 3 3/4â€￾ attendees to have access to this figure.

This was left out of the brochure accidentally. We hope that answers everyone's questions.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Might be interadasted in a Colton, IF he's sufficiently true to or surpasses the '94 one.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I have a feeling it will be even harder to get the Colton now.

How much is this carded figure going to cost? $50?

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I have a feeling it will be even harder to get the Colton now.

How much is this carded figure going to cost? $50?

too much. I bought one at Target for $10. I am sure any of the older ones could be found for a better pricethen what that worthless club will produce.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I had to look it up. I was out of collecting back then. I assumed they would go with the comic version because I didn't know about this figure actually being Colton.

Bearded Colton with a beret would be pretty cool too.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Eehhhh… maybe, but I don't think he's that big of a draw. But maybe he'd be treated like the silly Mickey Mouse CC from a year or 2 back? What year was that?

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
new Cobra Commander voice actor is going to be a guest
so that means

good call GB!

I bet that will happen. That is one figure I will pass on no matter what. I have 60 CC's already and I'll be damned if I get a overpriced one. Fuck That!

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
There was nothing cool about that zombie CC that had anything to do with it being a zombie… The thing that excited me (and I imagine most people) is that it was an all-new body, so I think the excitement was around that. We all can have it by now thanks to the Retaliation Ghost Waves of 3-4.

I'd rather have a snake-head CC from the movie, if we're going to do some silly mutant CC, than a zombie one that doesn't make much sense in the overall storyline.

duffmann

Duff Beer Mascot
Jun 19, 2011
Fallbrook
One of the FAQ that was asked on the Joecon site. Can't wait to see these modern military updates to the set.

Question: Will the 3 3/4-inch Eco Force/Warrior figures have a gimmick like neon color-changing plastic or water shooting weapons?
Answer: No, the 3 3/4-inch convention figures are modern military updates and not Environmental Warriors. The set features E.C.O. as an acronym for the Emergency Chemical Operations Force.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
One of the FAQ that was asked on the Joecon site. Can't wait to see these modern military updates to the set.

Question: Will the 3 3/4-inch Eco Force/Warrior figures have a gimmick like neon color-changing plastic or water shooting weapons?
Answer: No, the 3 3/4-inch convention figures are modern military updates and not Environmental Warriors. The set features E.C.O. as an acronym for the Emergency Chemical Operations Force.

that sounds good! but....

Hmmmm... have they actually been listening to us?

doubt it

Count me as extremely skeptical

This^^