Joe Con 2015

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Any chance someone there would be willing to scoop up a KREO set or 2? I know Ewok wants one too...we both had planned to go, but neither of us are able to now.

Let me know

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Does he? I thought Ewok had walked away from the hobby.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aFmrRCx5f6g[/ame]

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Three things...

Lack of articlated wrists is lazy, Dial-tones fucked up painted knee pads, and the General Mayhem skin tone is awful.

EDIT - Fourth thing...pretty cool they are giving it away for free. And they didn't even need my SSN or credit card number.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, he is a bit jaundiced. Good for a Paul Teutel Sr. custom, though!

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
So far it looks like I made the right choice in not attending. Too much $, a terrible location, and Robo Joe? They should have done a how to fix Dial Tone instead.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
*snort*
Total tosser of a character, but the kit looks well executed.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Con's just starting, can only get better, right? Boss Fight is there, should have the H.A.C.K.S. skeleton on-hand.

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
Robo Joe has been the bright spot....

👹

I'm not knocking the kit, but a brighter idea would have been doing something that was, I don't know, related to the con theme. How to paint Tiger Force or IG colors would have been helpful to more than a few and having a unique character (or one the club didn't do) that fit with the theme would have been smarter.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I'm not knocking the kit, but a brighter idea would have been doing something that was, I don't know, related to the con theme. How to paint Tiger Force or IG colors would have been helpful to more than a few and having a unique character (or one the club didn't do) that fit with the theme would have been smarter.

We have no idea what characters the club is doing until everyone else does. It would be pretty shitty if we put in a bunch of work in and either the figure was a yet to be revealed exclusive, or the club just doesn't approve it.

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
We have no idea what characters the club is doing until everyone else does. It would be pretty shitty if we put in a bunch of work in and either the figure was a yet to be revealed exclusive, or the club just doesn't approve it.

I guess I should have said original character. Customizing is about making something new or fixing something that already has been done. Being a new and original idea wouldn't interfere with the club at all. The emphasis in a customizing class should be more on techniques and materials anyway. But tying it all in with the con theme would have been really cool.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
"Bonus" Exclusives seem to be TF Alpine, Frostbite, and SkyStriker. A pair of Red and Gold "Annihilators", vehicles are a TF painted Tomahawk, Retaliation Moccasin/Tiger Shark (with the big launcher) and Tiger Sting. Drivers are Felino for the Tiger Shark and Sgt Katzenbogen for the Tiger Sting.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I would've preferred that the goggles were molded on. And the webgear seems a tad... Saggy? But the new parts look good. I hope they use different lower legs on the regular version, though.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!

more pictures.
Toy News International - Daily Action Figures Toy News, Reviews and Discussions

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
some of those look good (for a tiger force figure) like Stalker, but then you look at Alpine and think WTF were they thinking?

I kinda like the tiger mouth on Dusty's RPG.

And so ARAH Frostbite is your mystery 13th figure.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
No surprises here yet...

Wonder if the "Land and Air" reference has something to do with the RoC Rhino?

From TNI -

In the blurb we get confirmation that Hasbro will be offering a G.I.Joe San Diego Comic Con exclusive. Could this be a figure for the long-rumored 6" Black Series like action figure line??? Rumors initially suggested that a 6" line was in the works and the first figure for it would debut as a SDCC exclusive.

We also get confirmation that this year we will continue to see G.I.Joe product sold exclusively through Toys R' Us and BigBadToyStore.com similar to what we saw last year. We have confirmed what one of these sets will be but unfortunately are not aloud to say until it is officially unveiled this weekend at the convention. However we will give you a hint and say it is something for 3.75" collectors that comes by "Land & Air".

Hasbro will be in attendance at this years convention all weekend long. They have a panel scheduled for tomorrow, Saturday (4/11) at Noon ET. It is unclear if Hasbro will wait till then to reveal everything or if they will have some reveals out in their booth this afternoon when the convention doors open. Our own Pixel-Dan will be on-hand throughout the weekend providing us with coverage so be sure to stay-tuned today and tomorrow for more details on these things as they become available.

JoeCon 2015 Day 2: Hasbro SDCC, TRU/BBTS G.I.Joe Exclusives - GI Joe - Action Figures Toys News ToyNewsI.com

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hmm, interdasting. Could be anything. Some lame ass, dual-purpose vehicle, an odd couple figure pack.

Anyone see this?

Isolated incident?

Last edited:

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Yeah, HAVOC was the first thing that came to mind.

And while I'm not against fantasy vehicles in my Joeverse, that has to be the worst design ever. Exposed drivers in a HUGE glass canopy. And imagine the first time they fire those big dual guns on extend-o arms... the exposed la-z-boy gunner would get thrown into the next county like a rhinestone cowboy. It's sad when the guy riding the giant oscillating fans has the safest job...

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I would've preferred that the goggles were molded on. And the webgear seems a tad... Saggy? But the new parts look good. I hope they use different lower legs on the regular version, though.

It's not bad, but I'm also not terribly impressed with the parts selection. As usual, there are much better, more accurate parts already available in their parts library. I hope they pick new parts for the eventual V1 version.

Although, I also hope they don't even make a V1 as it'll of course be an overpriced exclusive. Heaven forbid there are less overpriced Joes on store shelves. :rolleyes:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I guess Hasbro COULD unveil him in the 50th-ish shit for 2015? A reissue of the Snowcat in proper, unmarbled plastic would work as an easy reuse of that mold. And the Club got first crack at the Lady Jaye sculpt so who knows? It doesn't technically have to be the 13th figure.

Could just be a red herring.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I guess Hasbro COULD unveil him in the 30th. A reissue of the Snowcat in proper, unmarbled plastic would work. And the Club got first crack at the Lady Jaye sculpt so who knows? It doesn't technically have to be the 13th figure.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
So anyways, I got to the border and realized I forgot my box of customs. I had to have them overnighted to my hotel.

Totally got Ventura'd.

Took me all morning to fix my contest entries and didn't get them done in time.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I guess Hasbro COULD unveil him in the 50th-ish shit for 2015? A reissue of the Snowcat in proper, unmarbled plastic would work as an easy reuse of that mold. And the Club got first crack at the Lady Jaye sculpt so who knows? It doesn't technically have to be the 13th figure.

Maybe. But I'm betting 13th FSS 3.0 fig, or part of FSS 4.0. Wouldn't be surprised to see them discontinue 4" Joes in store altogether and leave them to the club and move to 6" Joes on store shelves. Seems like it's become a popular scale.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Doubt that, at least until after this year. I don't know about anyone else, but 6" Black series are warming pegs everywhere around here. I don't think 6" Joes would be the "wild" success the 25th line was.

Joe will be 4", 2-and-3 packs at TrU, just like last year. We'll know for sure tomorrow evening.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Looks like we'll get our greedy little eyes on them tomorrow ~11:00AM tomorrow.