On the Workbench

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Finally talked myself into an Acid Rain figure. Most of this gear ain't new, but the zeltbahn is a test piece. It'll have to be soaked down before going on a figure and being shaped. It'll look good in one static pose, but for actual use it will have to be made out of cloth. I saw some at Wally World that should work.

I think the big issue will be getting the Dragon WWII belts on the AR figures. Unless the waist is Hasbro female-sized I think Im gonna have to take a Dremel to a $30 figure to get everything to fit.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
I have 2 Acid rain figures,..not a fan.

FINALLY poured 2 of these last weekend. Sent them both to Bob a few days ago.

That's about it,..nothing really new lately.

CoreyD

Enlisted
May 3, 2015
DC
Finally talked myself into an Acid Rain figure. Most of this gear ain't new, but the zeltbahn is a test piece. It'll have to be soaked down before going on a figure and being shaped. It'll look good in one static pose, but for actual use it will have to be made out of cloth. I saw some at Wally World that should work.

I think the big issue will be getting the Dragon WWII belts on the AR figures. Unless the waist is Hasbro female-sized I think Im gonna have to take a Dremel to a $30 figure to get everything to fit.

Stoked to see your progress here with the Acid Rain line and I like the camo pattern you did on the stahlhelm. Based on my work with the figures, the waist is slightly bigger than a male GI Joe waist.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah!

I've got a bob and a sol commander.

Aces! Whatcha want for them?

Stoked to see your progress here with the Acid Rain line and I like the camo pattern you did on the stahlhelm. Based on my work with the figures, the waist is slightly bigger than a male GI Joe waist.

Hmm, that's gonna be an issue. I may need to remove all the gear and fashion an all-new belt.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Head swap and some reaccessorizing. If I take to them, I'll spring for those civilian figures with the cool jump trousers (IF they come out) and get serious about paint work. :D

CoreyD

Enlisted
May 3, 2015
DC
The Acid Rain line has been seriously addictive for me, so I'm curious to see how far along you get into it. I don't even collect other figures at this point, and if I do buy anything, it's for parts to re-purpose for Acid Rain.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Yup,got the sol commander from mr Slaymaker:trollface:

I'm just not feeling them. They all look the same to me,and they just don't look realistic. Idk.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mocking shit up. The muslin takes paint better than I could have hoped. The piece over the shoulders was a spur of the moment idea, and I've already done a proper one. It's really just a matter of getting the stuff fit onto an Acid Rain base.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Apparently it's from that wonderful Canuckistani teen drama, Degrassi: The Next Generation.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
K, that's looking great! Where did you get the land mine and 'tatoe masher" from?

And surely Jack boots are greatly available other than HIYA of BBI sources?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
K, that's looking great! Where did you get the land mine and 'tatoe masher" from?

And surely Jack boots are greatly available other than HIYA of BBI sources?

All the kit aside from the mask (Hasbro) and stahlhelm (21st Century) is from Dragon. Their accessories were some of the best in the scale.

I just want a Hiya Kraut so I can outfit it with better accessories and head sculpt. :) If I really wanted to I could probably get a pair of Viper boots onto an AR figure, though I thing puttees would go better with the theme.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Got this Jane Foster MOC to shrink!! her&scarjo are my favorite actresses!! Not for talent of coarse...the likeness is insane!

FINALLY my 9 month ordeal is coming to an end! Found a house,ill be casting daily in a month,..can't wait! Been so fucking bored! Got so much to make! So many figures to finish!!

Oh,and I copied the 3.75 black series Stormtrooper for no damn reason. Now I wish I hadn't,cause I picked up the 6" figure,and wanna shrink its legs! The 3.75" version's are shitty.

I gotta finish up the rest,I decided to make 3...it was fun tho! Very first SW anything,and the construction is interesting to say the least.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Got Gung Ho on my bench, finally. Laid the base coats on his trousers and flak vest, and am pondering if I want to do a skin repaint or just try to strip that faggoty blue EGA "tattoo" off of his chest.

Got another idea cooking, but that won't really get off the ground until Boss Fight gets that white female blank in production.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
I got 2 Dukes in the works, trying to make them as LBC as possible.

And this might be the start of some Oktober Guard customs comrades, probably gonna swap the legs out for RoC Hawk's with a foot swap.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Makin' more zelts and a sniper veil. Trying to do a hood, but can't seem to figure out how to. It's probably something simple I'm missing.