Boss Fight Studios

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
If I hadn't gotten the urge for ice cream last night, I wouldn't have noticed my box had been delivered a day early!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They're packing my first order!

Vindicare86

TANSTAAFL
Apr 4, 2011
Germantown, MD
got mine yesterday, only to have the ankle snap on my Athenian... Other than that, they're all pretty awesome! I don't think I quite realized how much stuff they come with, it made outfitting the two plain-jane skeletons I ordered a breeze.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
got mine yesterday, only to have the ankle snap on my Athenian... Other than that, they're all pretty awesome! I don't think I quite realized how much stuff they come with, it made outfitting the two plain-jane skeletons I ordered a breeze.

Take pics and email Catrina and she should hook you up with a replacement.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Woo-hoo! My orders are being packed for shipping, finally.

Nice, we're in that same boat.

Ordered up the gladius they have over at the Angel Forge, so now I'm just waiting on Contraband to finish the heads. Excitement rising.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Nice, we're in that same boat.

Ordered up the gladius they have over at the Angel Forge, so now I'm just waiting on Contraband to finish the heads. Excitement rising.

Gladius, huh? Hmmm... watcha got planned? I'd like to do a little something with these guys, but can't decide on what just yet.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gladiatrix, though I'm largely ripping off some shit I saw on Spartacus: Blood and Sand and mixing it with some of Roman-flavored perversion. The thing I have to decide, aside from actually doing a backstory at all, is whether to make her a fighter before the mob, or a participant in the private kink of a group of patricians.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm telling you, BFS should blow off World of Advanced Dungeons & Warcraft and do a run of Roman accessories and head sculpts.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Eh, there's plenty of Schleich/Papo/CollectA/Safari Ltd fodder to cannibalize for Romans if you gotta have them nownownow.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Eh, I could, but they could just as easily do it for us properly. The detail on those static figures isn't anything to write home about.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Has anyone bought the black skin-toned guys? (either of the dark browns)

I was wondering how the flesh tones matched up to some of the recent black GI Joe figures, specifically any of the ME Roadblocks.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Quote from one of the BFSers:
Official word (for now) is that we will be looking to go straight to preorder with series two. Projected timeline for S2 wave 1 preorders to begin is sometime in the fall.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They made enough money of the Greeks to tool up the WoADaW stuff?

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
They made enough money of the Greeks to tool up the WoADaW stuff?

I don't see how they couldn't. They went well over their KS goals for the entire Greeks series. Remember that the whole line so far is just 2.5 body molds and accessories, and a shitload of colors. Once they had the body molds paid for, everything else was just gravy.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm glad it worked out that way. And besides heads and accessories there's not a whole lot that needs new tooling. Some feet, waists and trouser legs, scaled torso and limb(s) for that snake dude?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Oh, and if you were waiting for these to go live on Boss Fight Store, go get 'em.

They raised the prices, though.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They finally shipped! Hope I know where to start when they get here.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I snagged some when the site went live. Got some Cursed Spartans for "phasing" customs and an Underworld one because I like the paint.

I then got a couple blanks to work on a Krake custom.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They printed the shipping labels, at any rate. :trollface: Angel Forge has shipped my gladius, so the pieces are starting to come together.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
They printed the shipping labels, at any rate. :trollface: Angel Forge has shipped my gladius, so the pieces are starting to come together.

Yup,just checked tracking:(

meanwhile the price of Polly pocket toys is fixin to go up to dress a bunch of naked hacks figures in their rubber clothes!lolz! My daughters have a bag slap full of them and littlest pet shop from over 10years ago...need to plant seeds so I can sell this crap off!:trollface:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The PP clothes are actually compatible? I know some folks use balloons to cloth their stuff.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Yes,they fit them as well as some MU,and joes. Mostly skirts,shoes,..shit like that. There's a guy on FB that was dressing his hacks figures in Polly pocket clothing.

I offered to sell or trade him some clothes so she can change outfits for a night out on the town.... He didn't find it amusing:trollface:

If I was home right now I'd try it for shits&giggles,although my kids might get concerned about my mental health more then normal if I start dressing my toys in their doll's rubber clothing.