Anybody still collecting SW on here?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Anyone know if there's gonna be a super articulated 3.75" Boba Fett this year? Toy Fair covereage didn't seem to indicate that there was, but one of you lads might know.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
AFAIK, there are no immediate plans for a new release. There have been several in the vintage-card releases over the last decade. But it'll probably not be available on the cheap.

VC09 (empire, return, & revenge cardbacks)
Vintage 3-Pack (Villain Set)
VCP03 (rocket firing mail-away)

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That sucks. the 3.75" Black series Prototype is cheap on eBay, I might go that way. Custom idea, and I don't want to pay a lot.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Never.

A couple of people copied it and sold them on ebay, but you either had to paint it yourself or pay a small fortune for a custom painted one. I've never known hasbro to make a mold for a single use like that, never to be reused, repainted, or reissued. So I just assumed we'd see it again. The one time...

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I'm sorry, it's my fault. Had I overpaid for one at the time, they would have released it in twelve different slightly different repaints, all better than the SDCC one. But since I skipped it, it's become as scarce as unicorn tears.

And now Hasbro is setting us all up for massive price increases and blaming the tariffs boogyman. It's a good thing they don't make anything I still buy except Marvel Legends.

https://jediinsider.com/8-20901

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Haha, I love when they think people will choose toys or produce over something far more important like national sovereignty. "But duh avdacadoes and collectings will be spencive! Anyone but Dumph 2020!"

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
The Royal Guard made sense being all red, as they were largely ornamental and never acted as field troops. They could get away with being garish and "fancy" (I'm sure that's how Palpatine would describe them ;) ).

On the other hand, red storm troopers seems like an incredibly poor choice from a tactical standpoint.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think I saw a LEGO Brickhead of this while searching for CMF S.19 leaks, so I think this is gonna be in Ep.IX.
Almost grabbed a Black Series Dr. Aphra today, but I figured $20 for a head that may or may not work was dumb, even for me.

I've been collecting vintage Kenner stuff and restoring them to back to new. Items I've done so far is the Imperial shuttle, two 2010 AT-AT's, an X-Wing, a Y-Wing, Darth Vader Star Destroyer playset, a Landspeeder, and an Imperial Troop transport. For me, it's fun to take a filthy dirty toy and take it apart, clean it, replace any missing parts and fix the electronics, and make it look like it just came out of the box. I find it focusing and relaxing. Retroblasting and Toy Polloi on Youtube are the bomb for restoration research.

Also, if it's all dirty and nasty, you can usually purchase them for cheap.

I'm also making a 1:18th scale bar/saloon for my Toy Theater project.

Last edited:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
  • NSA

NSA

There have to be enough SW nerds to still making putting stuff out profitable.. but I know my kids don't give a squat about any of the new SW toys. MAYBE the Legos.. but even then they'd be just as happy with a set from last year (or 10 years ago) vs anything tied into the new movies.

Not sure if that's a reflection on SW or just the toy industry as a whole.