Anybody still collecting SW on here?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I've always maintained she'd make a good mechanic figure. I imagine she'd fit in those tighter 1:18 tank crew stations, too.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I removed the SW'ish details and then weathered the hell out of the uniform on mine and now picture her as the tween daughter of another character.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I've picked up a scant few of the 5poa figures either because I really liked the character (K2S0) OR because I wanted a certain accessory.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Anyone know if there's gonna be a super articulated 3.75" Boba Fett this year? Toy Fair covereage didn't seem to indicate that there was, but one of you lads might know.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That sucks. the 3.75" Black series Prototype is cheap on eBay, I might go that way. Custom idea, and I don't want to pay a lot.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Never.

A couple of people copied it and sold them on ebay, but you either had to paint it yourself or pay a small fortune for a custom painted one. I've never known hasbro to make a mold for a single use like that, never to be reused, repainted, or reissued. So I just assumed we'd see it again. The one time...

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I'm sorry, it's my fault. Had I overpaid for one at the time, they would have released it in twelve different slightly different repaints, all better than the SDCC one. But since I skipped it, it's become as scarce as unicorn tears.

And now Hasbro is setting us all up for massive price increases and blaming the tariffs boogyman. It's a good thing they don't make anything I still buy except Marvel Legends.

https://jediinsider.com/8-20901

Reactions: G.I.*EDDIE

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Haha, I love when they think people will choose toys or produce over something far more important like national sovereignty. "But duh avdacadoes and collectings will be spencive! Anyone but Dumph 2020!"

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Interesting SDCC release.

Will we see these in RoS?

I am wondering if we'll see a 3 way battle.. the Resistance vs First Order vs Palpatines Empire Forces.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
The Royal Guard made sense being all red, as they were largely ornamental and never acted as field troops. They could get away with being garish and "fancy" (I'm sure that's how Palpatine would describe them ;) ).

On the other hand, red storm troopers seems like an incredibly poor choice from a tactical standpoint.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think I saw a LEGO Brickhead of this while searching for CMF S.19 leaks, so I think this is gonna be in Ep.IX.
Almost grabbed a Black Series Dr. Aphra today, but I figured $20 for a head that may or may not work was dumb, even for me.

Deslock

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2014
Tennessee
www.darksidealliance.com
I've been collecting vintage Kenner stuff and restoring them to back to new. Items I've done so far is the Imperial shuttle, two 2010 AT-AT's, an X-Wing, a Y-Wing, Darth Vader Star Destroyer playset, a Landspeeder, and an Imperial Troop transport. For me, it's fun to take a filthy dirty toy and take it apart, clean it, replace any missing parts and fix the electronics, and make it look like it just came out of the box. I find it focusing and relaxing. Retroblasting and Toy Polloi on Youtube are the bomb for restoration research.

Also, if it's all dirty and nasty, you can usually purchase them for cheap.

I'm also making a 1:18th scale bar/saloon for my Toy Theater project.

Last edited:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
There have to be enough SW nerds to still making putting stuff out profitable.. but I know my kids don't give a squat about any of the new SW toys. MAYBE the Legos.. but even then they'd be just as happy with a set from last year (or 10 years ago) vs anything tied into the new movies.

Not sure if that's a reflection on SW or just the toy industry as a whole.

YautjaClanLeader

Sep 2, 2018
Tampa, FL
There have to be enough SW nerds to still making putting stuff out profitable.. but I know my kids don't give a squat about any of the new SW toys. MAYBE the Legos.. but even then they'd be just as happy with a set from last year (or 10 years ago) vs anything tied into the new movies.

Not sure if that's a reflection on SW or just the toy industry as a whole.

I'd say both. I don't remember the shelves at Target, WalMart, or anywhere else being BARREN during the prequel movies...

These days, I'm lucky to find 3-6 figures in the 3.75 inch scale SW stuff. I've found plenty of Rey 6" peg warmers though.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
At least one of my area Walmarts has $5 Mimban Stormtroopers, if anyone's still looking to armybuild them.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Looks like I'll get a Boba Fett to work with after all.

6" Mandalorian looks pretty cool, too. Too bad the show will be shit.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
One would think that making a Boba Fett show in which he canonically survived the sarlacc would be smart. Unfortunately, Disney is hellbent and determined to make Star Wars "theirs", so that means doing stupid shit like they have been. If the rumours are true, and circumstancial evidence would indicate they are, Disney simply doesn't want to give George his cut on all the SW stuff people actually care about.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Han shot first, the "force" is not a blood infection, and Boba Fett was killed in ROTJ. I don't care what disney or Lucas say after the fact. They can both take a flying leap off space mountain.

Add to that list that Boba wasn't a fucking clone, and we are simpatico.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I still don't get why Lucas invented the midichlorian nonsense and then promptly abandoned it himself. I mean, it's dumb.. but if you're going to bother putting it out there.. you might as well follow up on it, or at least make it so it's disregarded in universe for some reason.

I don't really care about Boba Fett.. I never thought he was super cool or neccessary or anything. I liked his stories from the 90s novels though, he survived there too.. and through most of the EU I guess.

The prequels (and OT) gave him zero character, so the only redeeming character growth was in the EU, which is dead now anyway.

I liked the Clone Wars/Rebels take on "Mandalorians" better anyway, they're not clones.. so maybe it's better if it's not him anyway?