Boss Fight Studios

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
It's time we get an official thread for Boss Fight Studios.

Here is a few recent prototype shots of the Spartan:

http://bossfightstudio.com/

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
It'd be nice if they actually produce stuff outside of Hasbro...

Wonder how that crotch area works (GIGGIDY!)

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I get that...but look at the MU hip ball/socket design...they work like Joe balls (snicker) but are a one piece upper leg/hip...they just pop on like a Joe head...

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
I know from BFS that Hasbro owns part of the leg construction on GI Joe. They might own the upper leg construction on MU too? A little side note, the only part of modern Joe's construction that Hasbro owns is that part of the leg.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Looks like he'll have damn near NO head articulation at all, even though it's probably on a ball. Where's the newer style neck joint?

Rocker ankles seem like a no-brainer at this point, but then upper hip swivel does too.

How about upper arm swivel with hinged elbows, or even double elbows?

With something new like this, why do we keep going backwards (or simply spinning wheels) with articulation? Good time to make a new standard, me thinks!

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Looks like he'll have damn near NO head articulation at all, even though it's probably on a ball. Where's the newer style neck joint?

Rocker ankles seem like a no-brainer at this point, but then upper hip swivel does too.

With something new like this, why do we keep going backwards (or simply spinning wheels) with articulation? Good time to make a new standard, me thinks!

100% with ya...why halfa$$ it??

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011

So send them your "next" version of the custom figure and say give us this level of articulation.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Don't get me wrong... I like what they're trying/going to do with this, but just seems like they're missing a golden opportunity to really blow it out of the water. That's what I'd shoot for, if I had the resources. Or a Kickstarter whatever...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Fuck up enough torsos and everyone would start feeling that way. I'm just not sure that the internal mechanics of the current torso design allows for a screw.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
BFS had a picture of the back of the figure, and it had a screw in the lower waist section. The upper sections I imagine will be the same as Joes.

HUNMARINE

Enlisted
Feb 6, 2014
Hungary
Fuck up enough torsos and everyone would start feeling that way. I'm just not sure that the internal mechanics of the current torso design allows for a screw.

Belive me - its more than possible.
I hope somebody will think the same, and return this "screw back" back to us.

pluv

JoeCustoms Owner
Oct 1, 2013
Washington DC
www.joecustoms.com
From what I understand, this will be one of a few blank slate base bodies they start off with that will be painted and then accessorized accordingly. Think like how MOTU does their figures where the underlying figure is the same for 80% of the figures, but the armor, weapons, and heads are different. If you think about it that is a pretty good business model when you're starting out. Once mold can create a few different characters.

Like Falcone said, the most likely reason this sample doens't have the articulation that we've seen in other figures is most likely because Boss Fight would have to pay to use that particular style of articulation.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I was putting together a Mega Block Call of Duty figure and thought how wonderful it would be if we could put 1:18 figures together like that easy.

Put a ball joint in between the two torso pieces, neck ball, arms that pop in and out without cracking torsos...

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
Sometimes, I don't get it. Marvel Universe figures were the same, for the most part, you'd have to crack the torsos. Almost every single Marvel Hasbro 4" MOVIE figure though... boil and pop. Weird.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
I didn't know BFS did those 3 vault figures, that explains why they are so awesome. BFS also did Mara Jade as well as Marvel and other Star Wars figures.

Obi-Shinobi

Pioneer, Damn It!
Apr 6, 2011
York, PA
Hasbro may own the "screwed together upper leg onto the T-bar" thing, as a signature design, but a simple ball-joint like MU? Not likely, since it's used by many other toy lines in many different apps.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

Dat M69 flak jacket. :crying:

Hasbro may own the "screwed together upper leg onto the T-bar" thing, as a signature design, but a simple ball-joint like MU? Not likely, since it's used by many other toy lines in many different apps.

The Duck Dynasty figures use that same style....

And unless you're doing double knees, you don't need a two-part thigh to use a t-bar. See the MiB III figures for a successful example of that.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Shit, that's right!

I try to block them out of my mind. Trying to get female MU knees and legs back together has given me PTSD.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Leatherneck and Destro *should* be out in the Autumn. GH is probably a pipe dream given the way things are going for the brand.