Boss Fight Studios

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Sculptor must think Destro needs huge package to keep Baroness happy...

http://bossfightstudio.com/bfs/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/02_Destro1.jpg[/I][/QUOTE]

You notice that and [I]I'm[/I] the gay one?! :talktothehand:

[QUOTE="K-Tiger, post: 263114"]Leatherneck and Destro *should* be out in the Autumn. [b]GH is probably a pipe dream given the way things are going for the brand[/b].[/QUOTE]

:crying:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Well everyone from that first 5-pack of Joes needs to be done. I'm really surprised we haven't gotten an "Ultimate" Duke or Roadblock. GH and Scarlett are about the only 2 that would require all new molds to do them justice.

Besides them, Hawk, Flint and Falcon could all use redos and I wouldn't turn down any others they want to do, but there aren't that many who I feel like it's necessary.

(That new Flint is ass. The entire torso and arms are wrong.)

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Off the top of my head, Cutter, Monkeywrench, ALL of the OG13, any figure using the Flash body that shouldn't be...

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Off the top of my head, Cutter, Monkeywrench, ALL of the OG13, any figure using the Flash body that shouldn't be...

Cutter and Monkeywrench for sure, and Thunder. I would want them in a multi-pack or for the Club to do them with Boss Fight heads/helmets and vests. That's all those 3 need to be as awesome as Cross Country.

The O13 are kitbashes that could use unique new heads, but I feel like the DG Duke is about as good as we're gonna get on a lot of them. Steeler, Clutch, Breaker, and Short-Fuze weren't that great, though. I still don't love the torso used on Zap and the DG Duke but he's pretty good. The Flash mold is actually good, I'm just tired of it. They've done Flash and Grand Slam, destroy that fucking mold. All they needed was unique heads, why was that so hard?

I'd love to see that concept case Grunt head show up at some point. It was great, and I assume it was BFS who did it? But I'd rather see Hawk and RnR done in their V2 decos.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Eh, If I'm completely honest I'm more excited about the Sol Commander as a customizing buck.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Nah, that's more Eddie's bag. I just don't have a lot of use for 3/4 naked dudes, Hercules aside.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Butt Screw!?!

That's weird as hell. I assume that spartan will have a cloth covering it but what about other figs?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Much like that vaporware O-ring Joe replacement line? :D

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com

Customizing Class: Starting on Thursday the Boss Fight gang will be working the Customizing Class along with John “Alyoshaâ€￾ Russel. We’ll be bringing along our customizing skills and some new parts for a special custom figure not available anywhere else! Attendees of the class will also receive three all new B.A.T. attachments designed and sculpted by the BFS team.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
From their site:

"So we thought we’d put up a quick FAQ.

Q: What scale are your figures?

A: They’re a 4″ scale, similar to modern GI Joes and Star Wars.

Q: When will your figures be available?

A: The plan is to have our Kickstarter campaign up soon, and if that’s successful, have the product ready to ship to consumers late this year/early next year

Q: Are you only doing Greek Mythology figures?

A: Nope, as we’ve said before “THERE ARE NO LIMITSâ€￾. See teasers for upcoming assortments elsewhere on the site!

Q: What price will your figures be?

A: We’re still working that out.

Q: Why can’t you just do versions of (insert existing product line here)?

A: We wanted to do something that could be a creative vehicle for EVERYTHING we always wanted to see as awesome toys. We think it’s way cooler to give you guys something you haven’t been able to get before! If things go well, we have more, really diverse product lines planned for the future – not just 4″ scale figures!

Q: Can you make me a custom figure?

A: Well, yes and no (mostly no). We’re fans and customizers, but we’re also professionals. This is our job – not a hobby, and that means we charge *professional rates* (i.e.: many thousands of dollars).

Q: When can we see more of your product?

A: Keep checking this site, our Facebook and Twitter, and you’re sure to see the reveals as they happen, and don’t forget to sign up for our email newsletter!

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR INTEREST AND KIND WORDS!"

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I did not realize there was a demand for Greek mythology type items. Hopefully they do something with military figures down the line but I am thinking their price point will be about where most of these smaller companies are currently.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I could go Greek mythology, but I want a darker, more adult take. No, not God of War.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Unfortunately, theyre plan is for Greek mythology, fantasy, sci-fi/space. I think military is out of the question.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
We have GI Joe for military...we don't need anything else...until the end of the year with these two and three packs are done.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
2/3 of those are boring IMO. They want to do a 4th line, but I don't think it has been decided.

We have GI Joe for military...we don't need anything else...until the end of the year with these two and three packs are done.

Sorry, but fuck that.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I want only military for the most part but I respect their decision to provide action adventure lines that are unique in the toy world.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm used to the cost of low volume highly-engineered, transforming figures, and even then I'm very selective...I am not however, used to $20+ tiny articulated figures no matter the production volume...$10 started to get unreasonable to me for such things...a 100% jump in cost is not something I personally can justify...there has got to be something other than "it's cool" for me to bite at $20, like a serious dose of nostalgia...

so while these new lines are indeed extremely cool, there is ZERO nostalgia there for me...$10, yeah, that's about the most I can stomach for "cool"...but $20? :talktothehand:

Last edited: