Boss Fight Studios

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They showed art for series 3 last night/this morning. I like the idea of carrying over Stonefist and Medusa, but otherwise I don't find anything interesting.

They also showed off gladiator kits. Those might pull my ass back in.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I've seen little bits of it. Have Gods of the Arena on DVD, but haven't watched it yet.

Stimulant

Enlisted
Aug 28, 2017
currently Malaysia
Athena statue Dio review, fantastic for Gi Joe,acid rain, vitruvian hacks, mythic legions, articulated icons etc. -Awesome!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXA9JCfHiK8&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Quality is better.

I think some of the designs are too specific for my taste. The Greek figures had different directions you could go. Either mythological or historical. This seems like there isn't much wiggle room. It's a specific fantasy story they're going for. Plus the orcs are cartoonishly baffoonish.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Boss Fight Horse Kickstarter in March. Looks like Australian and Roman tacks are options, as well as two varieties of unicorn, Pegasus and centaur pieces.

You'll likely have your horses before the Dime Novel Legends cowboys make it out.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Man, I hope they do well. I wonder how much coming right after Marauder's campaign is going to hurt them.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I haven't been keeping a close watch on those, do they have an actual release window? I know they've got some prototypes done.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I hear that. I went to check, and it looks like these were supposed to be ready in December. Looks like we've got a while longer to wait.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Horse kickstarter is up. $35 for a horse, $65 for a horse, tack and minikit. In principle I should want the Roman kit, but they only did a helmet, pilum and scutum. What am I supposed to do with a Roman with no lorica? They should have done Roman cavalry equipment, but whatever.

The calavera horse s pretty cool, but I'm not sure it's $40 on top of $35 cool. Anyway, enough of my whinging, go take a look.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
For Immediate Release

King Features Teams with Boss Fight Studio on “H.A.C.K.S.” Collectibles for Flash Gordon and The Phantom

NEW YORK, NY — July 17, 2019 — Boss Fight Studio, creators of the Vitruvian H.A.C.K.S. collectible action figures, has been tapped by Hearst owned King Features to create a line of figures for both Flash Gordon and The Phantom classic comic book franchises, as well as the iconic 1980 Flash Gordon film.

Aimed at adult collectors, “HERO H.A.C.K.S.” is an extension of the already popular H.A.C.K.S. figure system and will feature 4” scale figures with over 30 points of articulation and highly detailed sculpts. Due out in spring of 2020, Boss Fight Studio will debut the line in time to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Flash Gordon film.

“We are thrilled about bringing Flash Gordon and The Phantom to a trusted partner like Boss Fight Studio” says Carla Silva, VP/GM, Global Head of Licensing, King Features. “We know the brands are in great hands and with the team’s remarkable attention to detail, they will develop a product line sure to please our fans”.

“The team here at Boss Fight Studio is very excited to begin work on these two long-loved King Features properties,” said Sarah Brown, Director of Business Development and Marketing for Boss Fight Studio. “The inclusion of Flash Gordon and The Phantom into the Boss Fight family of brands furthers our push to grow H.A.C.K.S into all new and exciting expressions. This is only the beginning of what we know will be a long-term success story between BFS and KFS!”

The most widely-read superhero comic strip in the world, The Phantom, created by Lee Falk, was launched in 1936 and has endured for over 80 years. Today, King Features distributes the strip to more than 500 newspapers in approximately 40 countries and it is translated into nearly 15 languages. From his debut as comics’ first costumed hero, The Phantom has the distinction of being one of the few adventure strips in continuous syndication.

The Flash Gordon comic strip was first published in 1934 and was originally drawn by Alex Raymond. His illustrations built a reputation for Flash Gordon as one of the most highly regarded and influential American comic strips. Flash Gordon has since been represented in a wide range of media, including television and animated series, as well as full motion pictures such as the 1980 cult-classic.

This deal was brokered on behalf of Boss Fight Studio by their agent, FanGirl Consulting & Brand Management.

About King Features:
King Features, a member of the Hearst Entertainment & Syndication Group, is one of the largest and most experienced organizations in classic consumer product merchandising and licensing as well as the world’s premier distributor of comics, columns, puzzles and games to print and digital outlets worldwide. King represents some of the most recognizable iconic property franchises, including “Popeye,” “Betty Boop,” “Flash Gordon,” “The Phantom,” “Mandrake the Magician” and “Hägar the Horrible.” For more information, please visit www.kingfeatures.com/licensing.

About Boss Fight Studio:
Founded in 2013 and located in Norwood, Massachusetts - Boss Fight Studio is a super team of toy industry pros with decades of mainstream and collector brand experience. Our mission is to deliver world-class, high quality, exceptionally detailed collector coveted action figures and accessories. Boss Fight Studio is the proud creator of Vitruvian H.A.C.K.S. and holds the collectible toy license rights for Masked Republic’s Legends of Lucha Libre, Continuity Studio’s Bucky O’Hare, as well as Steve Purcell’s Sam & Max: Freelance Police property.
URL: http://bossfightstudio.com/

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Comic versions of Flash and the gang, or "FLASH! AH-AAAHHH!" versions? Either could be pretty dope.

EDIT: Actually read it. Sounds like "Gordon's alive?!" versions for the 40th.

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
Okay who else wants Roman Legionnaires??? I just stumbled across this at bbts. At $27 this is a no-brainer for me.

Attachments

• 4A48F70C-F081-4EBA-BE00-E6564E41F2C2.png
    4A48F70C-F081-4EBA-BE00-E6564E41F2C2.png
    594.5 KB · Views: 1

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
I haven’t bought much from boss fight since Zorro and a couple Amazon warriors. I have Elena from zorro on preorder but I’m not a big fan of fantasy stuff like snake people etc 😂 I also don’t have much room in my collection for mech suits from Joy Toy or gas masked troops from acid rain. But at least I can occasionally find something from each line that fits in with my army. I only got Zorro because I loved the Guy Williams character when I was a kid and he reminded me of him.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Ok No one here at the Fighting 118 endorses the use of Knock off figures ;)

However….. During Black Friday I came across these figures that are basically BFS figures with Asia packaging. Spoiler the stand has the BFS logo.

But for $40 ($60 regular) I figured I’d give it a shot. Many listings have these marked as 5” models so double check before ordering.

They are using the same parts & presumably the same molds.

The stand is compatible with official product. & GI Joe 25th

packaging:
IMG_2896.jpegIMG_2897.jpegIMG_2898.jpegIMG_2899.jpegIMG_2900.jpeg

Reactions: Sgt301

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
IMG_8107.jpeg Ok, so I finally got the Elena figures several months ago and she’s a little ugly so I tried popping on a PGV head and it worked perfectly. So now I have the sweetheart of the revolution! The waist pops off easily and I believe that tops from other figures should fit nicely. I’ll update with a pic when I get the chance.