CH-46 Sea Knight

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Hello fellow fighters...done for the night, here's some updates....

The cockpit has been a pain in the ass to line anything up properly...I still haven't figured out how I'm going to attach the front so I can hinge it. The pedals move in, out, and they toe too.

Dualing Banjo's....the next step with these is to electrify them and put ammo case's and bags underneath the catch basin's. Then hook up all lines and make seats for the gunners and the crew chiefs position.

Electric panels Electric closet

Bench seats...with no material on them yet...can fold up so more cargo or whatever can be loaded...can seat up too 20...seats 8 so far and 2 motorcycles and equipment....or I could make it all troops.

this is what 8 troops look like...remember there is no material yet on the seats, so the guys sink into them...but you get the picture....

Ok that's enough for now....stay tuned for more....:wave::)

Last edited:

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Hello fellow fighters...installed the rest of the seats and hooked up both guns to ammo and electricity

This is how the seats were made

Chiefs chair

Gunners seats

Seats up ready for....whatever fits

Thanks for lookin....stay tuned for more...:wave:

Last edited:

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Hello fellow fighters....Getting there....more details....

Attached the canopy section

The side door...

Stay tuned for more....I've just sent tofujesse some detailed pics and I will let everyone know whats what when he gives me the word...stay tuned.:wave:

Darkwind01

Enlisted
Nov 19, 2012
This build is downright inspirational!!!
Hinges, where did you find the hinges???
I need them in bulk!!!

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Amazing, looking at this thing in the retail stores it blows me away as to what it is becoming detail, concept and quality wise.

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Hello fellow fighters, 'the landing gear pods'....

I haven't gotten any actual landing gear per-say, I'm still pondering trying to find some online or make them from something else....stay tuned for more....:wave:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Both your post and the offending post are going to mysteriously disappear I bet...or maybe you'll just be banned...or both...wait, where am I?

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
Would the gear off of an old GI Joe Tomahawk work? Just thinking out loud.... Maybe the gear from the Raven?

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Thanks guys for all the input for the landing gear. Yep KT suggested Tomahawk a while ago and that's what I was aiming for. I bid on a few pieces but 25-40 bucks but no winners here, and I wasn't willing anymore to spend so much on something I can make myself. Just thought it would be easier. I would still have to custom fit them anyways, so here is what I came up with....

Of course I'm going to add lines and structure to the gear and paint them. They do look a little big, 2.5mm, from my eyeball scale....but they will do. At least until a better solution, at descent cost-detail ratio. That gear cost about 5.00 to make. Most of it is aluminum.
I have the roof and the intakes left that are major time consumers, and the rotor's will be made from some cool wing shaped aluminum tubing, the rest is all details. This thing will be about 4ft in length with the rotors extended.( HOLY SHIT):slap:
Tofujesse and I have been in contact and I sent him some more detailed shots, what ever he decides I'm good with. We probably need to take a who wants poll or what to change pole cause everyone should have a little input.

So that's where were at so far....stay tuned for more....:wave: