CH-46 Sea Knight

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Hellooo fellow fighters...this update was the one I was most afraid to do, I decided to emulate the CH-46 cause the original moulding was for that specific chopper. This is what I would have to do to both sides

...and I don't want to do that much work. :yawn::)

The thicker styrene is .40mm I think and I'm not sure the thickness of the 'FOR SALE' sign is, the ribs are .40mm

the width of the ne-cell whole is 24cm and I've split that into 4cm spacing...

Ribs...

attaching the ribs to the skin....very thin 'FOR SALE' sign....

There is a definite trick to making wings in one piece....

cut the holes....

Insert...a little ....umph...

aHA...wallla....

I need to cut out this part...

Well that was the hardest part...and its rough cut now, but I'll clean it up...anyways lots more work....stay tuned....

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Doesn't look like it's designed to be easily disassembled.

I'd hate to see what this one would cost to cast as a kit. Still, a better-than-Joescale Seaknight is pretty damn cool.

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Doesn't look like it's designed to be easily disassembled.

I'd hate to see what this one would cost to cast as a kit. Still, a better-than-Joescale Seaknight is pretty damn cool.

Um...nope I never designed this to be disassembled, just accessable to the compartments....I wouldn't know how. Besides I have made a couple of mistakes on this one and I wouldn't want this one cast. However I CAN design another one for just the shell and you guys have to fill in the blanks so to speak. This is the most difficult creation so far that I have done...but it will show when its finished. I can always make one's for you guys, (at a fair price of course). The only guy that I know of (yet) that could cast this is Pickelhaube. I think it would be expensive. Heres the price of the materials and labour so far....

2 True Heroes choppers- $30 each
3 sheets of styrene- $20
1 can primer filler- $4
6 tubes of glue-$10
12hrs labour (so far)
knowing that this is the only one....PRICELESS:):):goodone:

Seriously though, probably another 10hrs and another sheet of styrene.
Oh and then I have to design rotorblades....oooboy.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Can someone cast this whole thing for the 118th??

I would like to go on record and say I wanna volunteer my time if you ever decide to get this cast. All I would ask is if we could cover materials and that's it. You can see my resume in my projects thread. :thumbsup:

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Hey Jesse, that's cool, I'm very new so I really don't know how to go about doing this. I think that I should do the Chinook so that you guys can decide which one you would like Jesse to cast.(or both) Seeing both side by side will help I think. Probably just the shell so you guys can do what you want....this project really is practice of sorts so I can do the Chinook.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Hey Jesse, that's cool, I'm very new so I really don't know how to go about doing this. I think that I should do the Chinook so that you guys can decide which one you would like Jesse to cast.(or both) Seeing both side by side will help I think. Probably just the shell so you guys can do what you want....this project really is practice of sorts so I can do the Chinook.

Lets see what the guys say...like I said I'm game. I was reading your old thread about casting and if you ever need tips let me know ill guide you. Casting is pretty simple but learning can be frustrating.

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Lets see what the guys say...like I said I'm game. I was reading your old thread about casting and if you ever need tips let me know ill guide you. Casting is pretty simple but learning can be frustrating.

Hey Jesse, that's very cool of you to offer that. My family and I are moving into a bigger place(more kids on the way), and the garage is mine...all MINE... anyway, its a lot bigger than an 8x8 room. I think I might leave it up to guys like you and others, this keeps me busy enough. I don't know if my eyes are good enough to see that fine detail you guys seem to accomplish. I wish I were normal like that.:)

ps: love your stuff Jesse no worries, That's why I orderd a shit load from ya , hopefully we can get something done for these guys.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Hey Jesse, that's very cool of you to offer that. My family and I are moving into a bigger place(more kids on the way), and the garage is mine...all MINE... anyway, its a lot bigger than an 8x8 room. I think I might leave it up to guys like you and others, this keeps me busy enough. I don't know if my eyes are good enough to see that fine detail you guys seem to accomplish. I wish I were normal like that.:)

ps: love your stuff Jesse no worries, That's why I orderd a shit load from ya , hopefully we can get something done for these guys.

Cool I am already brain storming this plan and it seems to be very doable and affordable.

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
Digler, if you need ideas for 3 blade rotors out there, you could try the main rotor from Destro's tank/helicopter thing. If I remember right, it was 3 blades and they were fairly long. Good luck with this build. Can't wait to see it finished.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Holy shit...could you imagine seeing that in Jesse's store "for sell"? Once it's finished, I would love to see Jesse take a shot at casting it.

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Helloooo fellow fighters....here's another update.

Major filling and sanding and moulding. The main body is almost done....

I use an # of fillers...one is Milliput...

The others are MMD Green putty and red Glaze for automobiles.

Another coat of primer-paint to light the way...

Stay tuned for more....

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I almost believe you'll get 24 figures in that thing!