CH-46 Sea Knight

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The Late Great Vince Lombardi once said; "Strive for Perfection, settle for Excellence."

Great work man!

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
Hello fellow fighters, here's another digler update...

Wire cutters....

M2 position

Only a few more little thingys to add here and there.... the rotors need to be set permanently, the radar dome and other little bumps n stuff....I'd like to put more detail in the landing gear, and I have a large winch for the rear to install....stay tuned for more....:wave:

QUoting for new page, also:

HUBBA HUBBA HUBBA

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Hello fellow fighters...latest shots....

So final color and wash...

I've left spaces for art and squadron insignia and id#...

As I promised its over 4ft long.....

I didn't know who to emulate and the figures that I have aren't marines so I've left those for another day, paint and wash are good enough for now....I have more painting in the interior and finish the rotors and air intakes....stay tuned for more....:wave:

nath_1977

Enlisted
Jun 12, 2013
nice work!i like how it turned out, and the proportion is
really nice. are you planning to add glass profile in front and on its side?
looks cool if there is..hmm..you have a different approach regarding the
marking step, i usually do it after i paint them, then when i have markings i do the wash/panelling keeps the surface consistent.just my 2 cents sir.

keep it up!

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Hello fellow fighters...well....its been about 2.5mnths of work....and here it is. The CH-46 Sea Knight.

I really struggle with markings and aplications of such. I tried to put 118 on the sides, but it didn't turn out like I wanted...soooo....I will remove them and replace with better apllications. I'm looking for stencils...and a way of fixing the markings with out repainting. I glossed the shit out of it before wash and markings. I was going to flat the shit out of it when everything was done. I WILL FIX IT.

I will also place the helo in a combat situation next to show off the firepower these things can carry.

Unloading....

I'll set em up in flight and firing all the guns. It will be the last set of pics and then on to another project. Thanks for looking and all the support....ps: I WILL fix the marikings.

Stay tuned for the last shots....

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'd say paint it up like a Tomahawk to embarrass those guys who plan on buying one, but it's just too nice to do that to.

The Swedes had a sweet camo for theirs.

Tapper

suck it up cupcake!!!!
May 19, 2012
You have created an amazing work of awesomeness. Have you thought of joining Joe Customs? This would blow most of the guys minds.

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
:wave: Hello fellow fighters...here's the last of the pics. Tofujesse and I are still communicating and he is still interested in casting this helo. So who's interested realy....

Let me know how you feel about this being cast...please do not hold back the comments and if enough want it done, I'll need help sending it to him as the shipping will be quite expensive from Canada. This thing is huge and heavy and britlle in some places.:wave:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Want it cast? Hell yes.

Can it be done? At this late juncture, ehhhh. This thing probably should have been modular/in two halves to make that more easily cast.

If it were done could I really afford it? I dunno....

It looks damn good, though, and I commend the hell out of your work. Would like to see wave 3 Rockblock's M2/M3 on the ramp and in the gunner's stations when it finally becomes available.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Tremendous work! Well thought out. The finish paint takes it up another level. Superb interior detail.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I saw this thread when it was just the first few pics and pages, and I'm glad I just now saw it again for the first time since you finished it, because waiting for updates would've been annoying! Haha. It's great, man. Absolutely love it.

If I had room for such a thing, I'd shell out the money for that craft. But alas, I've no more room in storage or on a shelf for it.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Want it cast? Hell yes.

Can it be done? At this late juncture, ehhhh. This thing probably should have been modular/in two halves to make that more easily cast.

If it were done could I really afford it? I dunno....

It looks damn good, though, and I commend the hell out of your work. Would like to see wave 3 Rockblock's M2/M3 on the ramp and in the gunner's stations when it finally becomes available.

All this ^^^...cost is ALWAYS king

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Amazing Job Digler!

It was really fun seeing the real time progress and now it's finally finished!

Thanks for sharing your project with us.

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
I'll be honest with you. If it was cast, I wouldn't buy one. As awesome as it is. I would never be able to afford one and if I could, I probably would never put it together, so just wanted to be honest and let you know. Hope everyone chimes in, so it's not torn and cut apart and cast and only one person buys it.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I'll be honest with you. If it was cast, I wouldn't buy one. As awesome as it is. I would never be able to afford one and if I could, I probably would never put it together, so just wanted to be honest and let you know. Hope everyone chimes in, so it's not torn and cut apart and cast and only one person buys it.

This^^

:thumbsup:

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Your helo really turned out nice.

When making a "one of " it is always easier. When making things knowing that they will be cast opens a whole other direction in building.

This would be a relatively big casting project.

My guess would be 2-3 x 2 gallon units of RTV. @ $267 a unit.

It also would have to be totally torn down, made so that the pieces interlock and smaller pieces taken off and made so that they could be re- attached and fitted in place.

Possibly doubling the build time.

Sorry for being a wet blanket , but I have done a few projects this size.

My Tiger II project took about $1200 worth of RTV and about the same for my flying wing project.

Not to mention the time it takes to build the molds then start the pouring process.

Making smaller parts is one thing making molds as big as a bread box is something all together something else.

But it does look nice .:)

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Thanks guys for your honesty and following this project, and you all know that I'm new to this modding thing and honesty is king to me. I don't think there is a very good chance of this being cast, but it was nice to dream eh?
This will remain a one of a kind and mabey I'll do something rad like raffle it or auction it or give it away....you never know.
I started making shit for my son ,and I like to do it ,and he doesn't have the room for everything I make, nor do I. There are more customs to come and I want to make originals, and dios and stuff like that. The little dudes love this stuff too so probably a few more yrs of it to come...mmmm...what can I create....

Thanks for following...onto the next project.