Cloud Strife's WIP

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
That's some great sculpting on the do-rag... Although I'm still waiting to see what you do with it. I'd want my Sarge to have the Drill Instructor hat or maybe a boonie hat, too? I dunno. I'm curious to see where you take him.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Great sculpting on the RAH version. Belt looks fantastic.

Love the doo-rag on the POC one. Oakleys are a good idea. I could definately see him in some upgraded glasses. Any updated ballistic safety glasses would look killer on him too.

Man, I want that headsculpt bad. I looked and looked for the BnB figure but never saw him.

Thanks, Meds!

Haha... My ignorance shows through once again! I just always thought the glasses that I see military personnel wearing out in the field were just plain sunglasses. Didn't realize that they were ballistic safety glasses. Thanks, for clearing that up for me!

I was never able to find Sarge in stores either. I came to the game late and had to buy a few him off of ebay. :(

That's some great sculpting on the do-rag... Although I'm still waiting to see what you do with it. I'd want my Sarge to have the Drill Instructor hat or maybe a boonie hat, too? I dunno. I'm curious to see where you take him.

Thanks, Rex!

Just wanted to make sure that you knew that the do-rag was for a separate Sarge custom that I'm planning on doing and not that ARAH Sarge that I'm working on too. Trust me. There's no way I'd not have an ARAH accurate Sarge in my collection. :)

The do-rag Sarge is going to be for a more modern battlefield Sarge. A POC Sarge, so to speak. I figured that he wouldn't wear his Drill Instructor hat out on the battlefield. A boonie hat make me think of a Navy Seal for some reason even though all branches of the military wear them.

I don't know if you saw the conversation before I posted the updated pics, but I'm trying to figure out his loadout and gear as well. I'm leaning towards either a machine gunner, or giving him an AA-12. Any thoughts?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Pfft, a D.I. lid is exactly what Sarge would wear in the field.

You show, though.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
nice sculpting CS...although the belt is simplistic, it looks really good...you've done a great job of filling him out...

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
i'm in the same boat as you guys...i just learn from these fellas here...they're always good with suggesting real world appliocations

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
i'm in the same boat as you guys...i just learn from these fellas here...they're always good with suggesting real world appliocations

Yeah, I've noticed that about these guys. I've learned quite a bit since joining this site. Still have a lot to learn though.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com

Yeah, I've noticed that about these guys. I've learned quite a bit since joining this site. Still have a lot to learn though.

right there with you guys. I find myself having to google so much to keep up. lol. But it's fun!! I have never had much interest in weapons, but I am Starting to.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Here you go, Eddie. My WIP Clutch sculpt:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
oh man, that looks WAY better...geeze, now i gotta do mine...i hate his flat top or whatever that crap is they gave him

does he have cateracts? :D

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I've pretty much finished my ARAH accurate Wet-Suit. I'm using the Broken Arrow cast of Wet-Suit's helmet (http://www.brokenarrowtoys.com/cart/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=192), but I decided to keep the 25th Wet-Suit head (sanded the chin and shortened it a little so that the helmet could fit). I kept the 25th head, b/c if I don't have to, I prefer not to paint head sculpts.

I swapped the lower legs out for Viper lower legs, but kept the Wet-Suit knees and feet. It was a bit of a pain matching the paint, but I was able to get it close enough to be happy with it.

I still need the ARAH WS's air hose though before he's finished. They're not cheap at all on ebay either. :(

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
What was wrong with the hoses that came with the AOCI Wet-Suit? I think I just used those on mine, but I used the ROC "Flash" helmet. For some reason, the helmet seems to sit a tad high on that neck post...

I like how you painted the upper portions of the Viper legs. I was waaay too lazy to do that, if I remember correctly. I bet matching that green was a pain in the ass. I remember that matching the green for the neck was a hell of a chore for me. (You left your neck yellow, but the vintage figure's neck actually matched the suit.)

I would also put a spare "bracelet" thing on his right arm. I stole the one from AOCI Chuckles to put on him instead. It helps hide the wrist slit. Good call on the Crocmaster arms, I used a Hawk's or Pit Trooper if I recall correctly, and the color didn't quite match.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Just realized that the pegs were on the mask... All you'd need to do is clip them off and drill into the mask to get the AOCI cords to go in.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Yeah, the head does need to be brought down a notch. I've thought about drilling into the mask, but I hate to mess up and have to try and get another mask. I've got the ARAH air hose on the way. :D

Matching the paint was a pain. It probably took me an hour to get it close enough to where I was happy with it. I've got it in a jar now in case I need it again.

I didn't even catch that the ARAH neck isn't yellow. I could paint it the green like the OG fig, but I like the yellow. Although, I may end up painting it anyway. lol

Here's some updated pics of my WIP Clutch compared to the 25th Clutch:

Here's the Stalker torso repainted in the green I'm usig for most of the OG 13 figures that I'm redoing much like ceraurus on Hisstank:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
That Clutch looks great. I never had an issue with the head, but damn that hair looks great on him. Great job on the repaint, btw.

Thanks to MB and BBTS, I've got at least a few of that Stalker coming my way for customization. I love the SE sculpt, but the Stalker torso makes a much better base for what I have planned, as well. :) Seems you were thinking pretty much along the same route.

I know how you are with ARAH-accuracy, so I figure you'll eventually paint that W-S neck to match the green ;)

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
That Clutch looks great. I never had an issue with the head, but damn that hair looks great on him. Great job on the repaint, btw.

Thanks to MB and BBTS, I've got at least a few of that Stalker coming my way for customization. I love the SE sculpt, but the Stalker torso makes a much better base for what I have planned, as well. :) Seems you were thinking pretty much along the same route.

I know how you are with ARAH-accuracy, so I figure you'll eventually paint that W-S neck to match the green ;)

Thanks, Rex.

Yeah, the wave 4 SE and 30th Stalker torso is by far one of my favorites. I've got 8 of the 30th Stalkers. :D What are you planning on doing with your Stalkers?

Haha... Yeah, I probably will paint Wet-Suit's neck here soon. Especially after spending all of that time mixing and matching to get the frickin' color right.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I've decided that this one is going to be Zap as the green matches him more. The rest will probably be either Testors Model Master Acrylic Olive Drab, or Israeli Armor Sand Gray.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
No idea yet as far as details on the Stalkers. O13 revisions for sure. Probably Grunt, Short-Fuze and Stalker for the time being. I may do the hair thing you did for Clutch, but I actually like the 25th Clutch with fixed arms. Steeler I sort of fixed already, but I'm not 100% happy with him. He took more paint than I wanted.

I need to find a better head for Grand Slam, Grunt, and Short-Fuze. For Short-Fuze, I'll probably just reuse the Zap gear on the Stalker body, with some paint apps added/changed. I guess I also need to get a few more POC Dusties for their helmets, at least for Grunt and Short-Fuze.

My O13 so far, I've updated SE with the POC "Perfect" SE, and Scarlett with the Resolute one (maybe with Renegades when she comes out), but my only custom one is my V1.5 RnR. I'm not going to bother with a greenshirt version of him. He's my default now. But the rest kind of need that O13 goodness greenshirt look, and the Stalker torso is perfect for it.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Yeah, I think the Stalker fig is going to be hard to find due to people using him for customs. It's perfect for updating the OG 13 and Beachhead.

I need to figure out which head sculpts I'm going to use for Grand Slam, Flash, Breaker, and Beachhead (not sure if I'll use the POC BH or HOH BH sculpt).

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
man, that Stalker torso looks great in that shade of green...i'm not gonna redo the O13 until/if they release it molded in a good green color...i just can't handle having to paint that much...

as for W-Ss neck, i left mine yellow...i liked it better that way...kinda broke up the teal and went well with the helmet...you could call it laziness if i didn't have a big ole batch of that teal i ended up making trying to match for the mask...:rolleyes:...seriously, i have a monster batch of it for just a mask...thats just dumb...

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Thanks, guys. I appreciate the feedback.

I'm debating on whether or not to paint some brown on the vest as a nod to the ARAH Clutch. Maybe the shoulder padding on the straps???

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
looks good...but yeah, i was thinking you could incorperate some classic nods to him...like the brown you mentioned or even his chesty holster...maybe use the one from Hawk?

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Yeah, I'm trying to figure out where to put the holster on the vest. I could do it to the left of the top center pouch on it, but I'm not sure if that would look good though.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Well here are my updates for now. I would like to make it clear that I'm copying ceraurus' (Hisstank) recipes with a little change here and there.

Zap is done for the most part. I repainted the 25th Zap head and I think it looks way better. I still have to paint a Dusty helmet and goggles:

Here's Rock 'N Roll so far. I've painted the SDS RnR sculpt (Krexx did a SICK job on the sculpt) and most of the upper torso:

So far I've sculpted Short-Fuse some ballistic eyewear and painted the head (this is not the torso that he's going to be on):

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
And I finally got Wet-Suit's air hose and flashlight. I also gave him Chuckles wristband at Rex's suggestion:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Ah hell. I saw this earlier and replied, but the site wouldn't load and I lost my comment. It boils down to "Great job!" because I'm lazy and don't feel like retyping it.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
Reminds me I need to finish mine up. I have the same parts and he's been built for almost a damn year now. Good job though! He looks great!

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Ah hell. I saw this earlier and replied, but the site wouldn't load and I lost my comment. It boils down to "Great job!" because I'm lazy and don't feel like retyping it.

You lazy heifer. Seriously though, I don't blame you. I've had that happen a few times and been like, "Screw it.".

Reminds me I need to finish mine up. I have the same parts and he's been built for almost a damn year now. Good job though! He looks great!

Thanks! Which one looks great?

WOW! That RNR head is sick!!

I also really dig WS, he's fricking perfect

Yeah, the RnR sculpt is better than I thought it would be before painting it. He's going to be a beast when he's done.

I've been meaning to mod the AOCI Wet-Suit for awhile now. It took finding a paint that was close enough to the teal on the figure to get me started on him. I still haven't decided whether or not to paint his neck.