Cloud Strife's WIP

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I have taken pictures of the finished figures, but won't be able to post them until tomorrow. I have to spend some time with the wife and go to bed...

You should start a new thread for all the finished figs since this is your "wip" thread

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
incredible array of WIPs! like your roadpig and dreadnoks take..looking forward to its execution :)

Thanks, DG! I'm about to post all of them in just a minute...

Mother of Pearl! Someone just had to go and steal my thunder. Frickin' A!

that guy seems like a real douche

He's the biggest douche I know. Hey, wait...

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
These aren't updated pics, but I have started working on him again:

I'll try and post some updated pics tonight. I've decided to completely sculpt over the lower torso as well. I'll probably dremel the belt down and sculpt over it.

Also, I've been wanting to do Sarge w/a bit more realistic combat gear and whatnot. So, that means ditching the hat for something else too. I pulled the hat off of a BnB, but not sure what I'm going to replace it with (bandana, do-rag, hair, etc...). Any ideas?

I'm planning on using the Bazooka/Bench Press torso, but this presents a problem. Can't find webgear that fits. So, I'm thinking I might give him the Resolute SE backpack harness. I know this won't fit and I plan on separating the straps and filling the gap w/sculpt. I'll probably add a pouch or 2, and/or a knife to the straps as well. I'm cool w/the belt that's on this torso, but I think I'm going to add pouches and whatnot to it.

I'd really like some ideas thrown out there to help me come up w/the modern Sarge that I'm doing. Thanks ahead of time, for the help!

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
In his WWF days, He wore his Drill hat, a combat helmet, and as a heel (Iraq Sympathizer) a Beret. Maybe use a combat helmet with a plain bald head underneath.

Here is a reference pic of him with his combat helmet.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
If you HAVE to lose the D.I. lid then at least use a proper 1:18 M1 steel pot.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
In his WWF days, He wore his Drill hat, a combat helmet, and as a heel (Iraq Sympathizer) a Beret. Maybe use a combat helmet with a plain bald head underneath.

Here is a reference pic of him with his combat helmet.

If you HAVE to lose the D.I. lid then at least use a proper 1:18 M1 steel pot.

this the kinda harness you talk'n bout?...

Thanks, for the suggestions guys!

Eddie, yeah something like that, but I don't know if I'll do the gun holsters on it. I think it would be hard to get some proper looking holsters that wouldn't be in the way as most holsters are a bit big in the 1:18 scale.

With Sarge being a big guy, I tend to think of him as a heavy machine gunner. Does anyone have pics, links or able to share what kind of loadout they usually have? Heck, he doesn't have to be a heavy machine gunner. What specialty do you see Sarge having other than push-ups?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Heavy machine gunners is a misnomer. Heavy machine guns are crew-served on a tripod or one-man on a vehicle.

For Sarge, I'd go with Marauder's M60E3, and get some extra ammo bags and incorporate them onto his harness. That's why I really don't think a modified Snake Eyes shoulder rig is gonna cut the mustard.

An alternate is taking the ammo can and assault frame from RoC Heavy Duty, sculpt some fabric on it and then run a fabric-covered feed chute to the MG. Odd, but apparently there is an actual real-world equivalent. Miro Linked Ammo Carrier.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Heavy machine gunners is a misnomer. Heavy machine guns are crew-served on a tripod or one-man on a vehicle.

For Sarge, I'd go with Marauder's M60E3, and get some extra ammo bags and incorporate them onto his harness. That's why I really don't think a modified Snake Eyes shoulder rig is gonna cut the mustard.

An alternate is taking the ammo can and assault frame from RoC Heavy Duty, sculpt some fabric on it and then run a fabric-covered feed chute to the MG. Odd, but apparently there is an actual real-world equivalent. Miro Linked Ammo Carrier.

I honestly don't know much about military stuff. I'm learning stuff here and there and that's why I wanted to try and do a more modern Sarge with accurate accessories. So, having said that, thank you, for letting me know about the misnomer of "Heavy Machine-Gunner". Seriously. I'm somewhat ignorant on this stuff and do want to learn.

Having said that, I know the Resolute SE harness won't cut it for an M60's ammo, but I was planning on sculpting pouches on the belt (Bazooka/Bench Press). Would the pouches be able to realistically fit on the belt, or would they be to heavy for just a belt, therefore necessitating a harness?

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I can totally see him sporting that weapon. One thing i'm sure of, Sarge screams power weapon. I can see him using it just like Terry Crews did in The Expendables while yelling Maggots every time it fires

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
this SDS torso came with a holster/ammo...it actually looks awesome in person and isn't that bulky...it'd look really cool attached to the harness K-T posted

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Haha... Rodimus likes that torso.

"Hey there... You wanna know why they call me Hot Rod?"

You're right though. Those holsters and guns are low-profile enough that they shouldn't look too bulky.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hasbro did an AA-12 in the RoC line, too. If you want to actually have one and not a vaporware one *ducks*

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Wave 6 has been kicked back to October. I imagine it's a bit early to say it's not coming.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I think Duke used it in the movie, i'll look at my weapons bin, maybe i have it and just forgot.

Thanks, Meds.

Yeah, I watched the movie once in theater and haven't watched it since then. I definitely wouldn't remember if Duke or anyone else in the movie had one.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
it's got something slung under the barrel that'll need to come off, most likely.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Thanks, KT.

That one looks weak though... Is that an older version or something? It looks quite a bit different from the ones I've seen.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
very weak, but i do have it if you want it bro.

I really appreciate it man, but I'll wait on Marauder's for now. I would definitely want to take the attachment off from under the barrel, but I'm afraid I might ruin it.

Again though, I really do appreciate the offer! :D

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Well, here's what I've done w/my ARAH inspired Sarge:

Here's the head for my POC inpired Sarge:

I'm thinking about giving his shades more of an Oakley's shape. Thoughts?

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Great sculpting on the RAH version. Belt looks fantastic.

Love the doo-rag on the POC one. Oakleys are a good idea. I could definately see him in some upgraded glasses. Any updated ballistic safety glasses would look killer on him too.

Man, I want that headsculpt bad. I looked and looked for the BnB figure but never saw him.