Club Sub 3.0 (GIJCC FSS)

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
The more I think about it, I'm certain this is what they are going to do.

Last edited:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Wouldn't surprise me. There's also that fairly big-titted torso that originally came on the ROC Scarlett:

But I also wouldn't factor out the Renegades Scarlett torso. I feel like they'll want to emblazon "GI Joe" across those big boobs, which was also sort of her iconic look.

blackrazor1

Enlisted
Dec 25, 2013
If they can break up lower and upper arms I would go with Zarana lowers and either ROC Cover Girl or NF LJ uppers. If they can't break up sets I would go with NF LJ arms. They are short sleeve and gloved.

Zarana arms? High gloves with bare arms.

There's that diver Baroness but she's so dated looking now, and I think the arms have sleeve folds sculpted.

Also, these arms are kinda femininely thin.

Duke (v42) G.I. Joe Action Figure - YoJoe Archive

Do you guys have a Zarana and a ROC Pitt Attack Baroness that you can compare? YoJoe says Zarana has new arms, but it looks like they at least share the gloves. I thought the Baroness had wrinkles on her forearms. I was wondering if the wrinkles were visible on Zarana or if they actually sculpted a new forearm for that figure.

Baroness (v13) G.I. Joe Action Figure - YoJoe Archive

Zarana (v5A) G.I. Joe Action Figure - YoJoe Archive

blackrazor1

Enlisted
Dec 25, 2013
YoJoe is wrong on that. They have the exact same gloves. The fleshy part of the forearm is new though.

Thanks. I thought the Baroness gloves looked close to Bombstrike's, but the wrinkles on the forearms caused me to rule them out. Nice to know that Zarana option is available.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Right right...maybe the glove could be sleeved to slide up the forearm a bit...? *shrugs* not like I care at all about the figure :lmao:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
About what you'd expect.

Yeah, it's exactly what I expected. First figure I'm really looking forward to from FSS3, though, even if I'm not very excited by seeing it. (Although I was fine with the initial brown-camo'd Spearhead. I just never had much attachment to Spearhead.)I think the neon green Psyche-Out v1 vintage design is ass, but I actually really like the NF deco (I think the NF Psyche-Out was tied with Repeater for best Joe from last year's Con set). So FSS Psyche-Out was a meh to me, even though it was fairly accurate to what it "should" be, I guess.

So far, nothing has impressed me, really. That's not to say I'm not happy with them, but I'm not very blown away yet, because it's been mediocre characters or ones who I wasn't expecting anything different than what we were shown. (Couldn't care less about Alpine, and NCL was less than I was hoping for.)

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I actually like the NF colored Muskrat better- I'm hoping the Repeater, Big Ben and Hit'n'Run are decent.

I liked the black and green parts, but disliked that blue. Partially because it had a little bit of sparkle to it, if I'm not mistaken. I don't have the figure in front of me, but it's semi-metallic? I remember being annoyed when I first opened him.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
He comes with a boogie board? Sounds like what you would want to have when fighting a global terrorist organization!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
He comes with a boogie board? Sounds like what you would want to have when fighting a global terrorist organization!

The ARAH figure came with one, too.

Try not to think about it too much. If you do you'll start questioning things like why HEAT Viper has mortar rounds strapped to his ankles, or what self-respecting army would wear blue in the middle of the jungle. :trollface:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Maybe they're having technical difficulties? That never happens.

It'll turn out that their Chinese Photoshop artist was late in shipping their JPG from China and it got damaged in transit. But it won't be their fault. They never make a mistake.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They're too cheap to do the required tampo applications for that version. Still, it would be the ultimate troll job.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Eeew, Ren. Scarlett legs?

I can make that bitch for $10 bucks.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I'm not gonna lie, I don't dislike it as much as I thought.

I wish she had a cobra trooper helmet and webgear and she'd be a half-decent ladytrooper.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I wonder if Testor's has a Model Master in that shade, or if it's something I need to mix up?

Vindicare86

TANSTAAFL
Apr 4, 2011
Germantown, MD
Well, could've been worse. I'll give them credit for trying to change it from being a complete Jinx repaint. I'm kinda disappointed she's not got the camo she had from her original release, I mean they did a decent camo job on a figure that didn't have camo originally when they did Widescope, now they do no camo on a figure where that was a defining characteristic? That's some bull.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I kinda like it better than I thought. I'll put some webgear on her and a helmet and finally have a bitch Cobra trooper! :thumbsup:

Camo would've ruined it, because I couldn't care less for the figure to begin with.

Vindicare86

TANSTAAFL
Apr 4, 2011
Germantown, MD
I kinda like it better than I thought. I'll put some webgear on her and a helmet and finally have a bitch Cobra trooper! :thumbsup:

Camo would've ruined it, because I couldn't care less for the figure to begin with.

And you call yourself an ARAHFAG, I'm ashamed of you for not caring about a throw-away character from a TRU exclusive! :trollface:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
And you call yourself an ARAHFAG, I'm ashamed of you for not caring about a throw-away character from a TRU exclusive! :trollface:

:wave:

ARAH ends for me at 1994.

None of that "new sculpt" trash or 2000 rehash nonsense. Everything between 1994 and 2007 is a vast desert of Fucknotgiven.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They should make '93 "Undercover" Jinx the 13th figure.