Club Sub 3.0 (GIJCC FSS)

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
New head, Snake Eyes' legs with Firefly's torso, ST's upper arms and Mouses(?) forearms Should be able to pull that off..

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Hit & Run

G.I. JOE LIGHT INFANTRYMAN: HIT & RUN
- 25th Anniversary Style/Fully Poseable Action Figure
- Based on Unreleased Hasbro Concept Vault
- Includes G.I. Joe Logo Stand, Removable Helmet and
Goggles, Assault Rifle, Pistols, Knife, Climbing Piton,
Backpack with Grappling Hooks​

Last edited:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Sigh. Couldn't give him green skin, could they?

[img]http://www.gijoeclub.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=590&d=1402681854&cmps=1[/img]

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I like it, but I never was a fan of the arah design.

I'm not either but at least the vintage one is kinda cool looking. The AOCI one was weak, but all they had to do was knock this one out of the park, which was already hand-delivered to them by Hasbro.

And then they fuck it up.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I gotta say after seeing the custom figures from folks on here, I really don't like the look of the big ass knife hanging off the leg...I used to love those legs and the ones that came on the Blueshirts / PoC Ultimate SE / etc with the pistol and suppressor. Now they just look lame to me.

You guys ruining this hobby for the rest of us with your attention to detail and realistic kit loadouts.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Other than the torso and maybe the head, it looks like they followed the concept vault version pretty closely.

They didn't use the CV LBE, though. :(

Last edited:

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Yeah. Not that I would be clamouring for this if it was ARAH accurate, but they fucked it up.

blackrazor1

Enlisted
Dec 25, 2013
I wonder if they considered molding the head and forearms in green to save on paint apps? This was one of the figures I looking forward to. The torso and pack make this a pass. I'll probably be just as disappointed with M249 saw gunner Repeater. Alpine should have come with a pair of these ice picks; instead of, the oversized ARAH one.

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
After quite a few people responded negatively to the figure in their forum...

G.I. Joe Club said:
The staff is looking at options, please give us time to reach an internal decision.

Thanks for you patience. Thread will be locked until an update is provided.

:eek: Whoa whoa!!!!!
They may just give him the green skin. Still won't have the same torso & legs & web gear as the concept one.
They would give him green skin yet still Vypra is just a blue Jinx. :shakefist:

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
They may just give him the green skin. Still won't have the same torso & legs & web gear as the concept one.

He already has the same legs. And I prefer this torso overt that stupid sweater turtle neck one. The only real disappointment is the webgear.

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
He already has the same legs. And I prefer this torso overt that stupid sweater turtle neck one. The only real disappointment is the webgear.

Nope not the same legs. Look again. He is an entire Lifeline repaint except the head.

Plus Mandigo Rex :thumbsup: pointed out on the Hissyfit site that the chest holster protrudes out & will hinder any web gear.

At least the turtleneck one wouldn't have that problem.
What the heck happened to the Kwinn torso anyway??? That would also be OK.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Nope not the same legs. Look again. He is an entire Lifeline repaint except the head.

Plus Mandigo Rex :thumbsup: pointed out on the Hissyfit site that the chest holster protrudes out & will hinder any web gear.

Eh, I hope they retire that Kwinn torso. That fucking thing is a bit too broad-chested. It's from ROC, and is okay, but not great.

They really need to just retool the damned Firefly torso without the silly turtleneck (Boss Fight actually made one for the JoeCon Custom Figure kit this year) and let that become the default "collared/buttoned shirt" torso for awhile. It'd be perfect for Duke, Flint, etc.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011

The original was an unzipped quarter zip with no pockets if people want to get technical.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI

OK.

They are definitely the same legs. All the details match up. Look at the folds on the clothe and the seams from the padding half way up the lower leg and the pockets. The concept case figure is just missing the gun holster and right leg pouch.

Mswi

Teabagging Ninja
Feb 16, 2012
from the Club's forum. with a side by side comparison

Hello,

"There appears to be some confusion about Hit & Run. First of all, please note that nothing is produced until the order period ends. The figure on the left is a photo from Hasbro’s concept case. Please note that the image from the Hasbro concept does not have any green skin tone.
The Photoshop image on the right is the version that we have mocked up for this figure. They are very similar. However if there are changes you would like to suggest, we look at all comments before the final deco is sent to the factory. Please remember that all figures are subject to change from the original concept shown due to manufacturing issues. If you would like to comment please do so in the club forum as we read all of the valid comments that are posted by the membership. Thanks for being involved in the hobby!"

Ok, I can let the green paint thing slide, it may or may not have a green skin hue, depending on you prespective.

What I love about the comment is the fact that they defend the green paint or lack there because the concept case version doesn't have it......but fucking Hello your obviously not making the concept version( like you told everyone you were) cause your using different torso and fucking web gear!! So by that logic there is no reason not to paint the motherfucker green.
A prime example of the clubs ignorance and arrogance towards the fandom

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
But the goddamn concept case one DOES have fucking green paint! Look at his beard and eyes, it looks painted over. (That, or they got the absolute worst person to paint those details).

His skin has got a sickly hue to it if it's not paint, then, and HnR needs to go to the damn doctor immediately. That's not a normal flesh tone or hair color on the beard/brows.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
As for torso, I would have preferred the Ret Duke body. It best matches the style of shirt Hit N Run wears.

Mswi

Teabagging Ninja
Feb 16, 2012
oh I agree its got green paint on the concept version, no doubt. Just reconizing the plausibility that someone else might not be able to comprehend that.

But defending your lack of green skin paint apps because to them the concept version didn't have them, basically saying that's the reason there isn't green skin on their version because they are adhering to the concept versions paint accuracy . Then totalling changing fundamental parts and saying that's okay is a massive double standard.

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
They are definitely the same legs. All the details match up. Look at the folds on the clothe and the seams from the padding half way up the lower leg and the pockets. The concept case figure is just missing the gun holster and right leg pouch.

so technically not the same :talktothehand: :D
did it have the holes for the add-ons?
but that is also minor to me
the only thing that annoys me is that left thigh holster

it just baffles me that they don't see the concept one has a green skin tone

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
so technically not the same :talktothehand: :D
did it have the holes for the add-ons?
but that is also minor to me
the only thing that annoys me is that left thigh holster

it just baffles me that they don't see the concept one has a green skin tone

There's a hole for the holster, I don't know how the pouch attaches. As for the green, there's a handful of people on Facebook that can't see the green as well.

Vindicare86

TANSTAAFL
Apr 4, 2011
Germantown, MD
This was the first round of the subscription I was actually thinking about getting, they're making it awfully difficult to justify that now. They could've at least kept the webgear from the convention one, I can't think of anyone who'd want that piece of crap zipline backpack from the City Strike Snake Eyes...

HUNMARINE

Enlisted
Feb 6, 2014
Hungary
If you didn't realized yet - its just a simply repaints of the Night Force set. The most simple way to produce more figures.
So if it is - than why do you expect something new about the figures? Some kind of changes or so?...Wake up guys =)...

I hope maybe Big Ben will be good..but knowing the Club's way of making figures - I don't expect something awsome.