Club Sub 3.0 (GIJCC FSS)

HUNMARINE

Enlisted
Feb 6, 2014
Hungary
To be honest...I'm in the process of Repeater custom making...just waiting for parts....doing it with Battle Kata RB with Raginspoon head cast. Was thinking about the painting....decided with NF colors. Even if the camo version is the original...somehow it doesn't looks good on the modern version at all. Same thing with Spearhead too. They could add something more realistic...I guess...just my 2 cents.

blackrazor1

Enlisted
Dec 25, 2013
Are Rangers authorized to wear 8-point covers?

I think they used to wear them back in WWII. Repeater is a bit odd. His original artwork has Navy/Marine Corps jump wings on his hat an the camo is similar to an old experimental Marine Corps pattern. It's possible that he may have been designed to be a Marine.

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com

Mswi

Teabagging Ninja
Feb 16, 2012
I don't get all the hype I'm seeing around the various nerd hangouts about this being the second fucking coming! I don't understand why they used that Ret. Red Ninja as a base when a simple repaint of Ultimate SS with Renegades SS arms would have looked far more accurate?? Maybe the MUTs dig on this but as an Arah Fag I'd want something a helluva a lot closer in my premium fig. (try pulling this shit on the He-man subscribers!) I get that some character choices are not going to be very accurate based on available parts but this seems like a simple no brainer to make a very close accurate Slice.

Last edited:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Well, the head looks photoshopped as well.

Everything about it is Photoshopped. That's how they mock them up. The new heads for FSS 2 were cgi renders from Boss Fight just like these.

Maybe because I do this for work (photoshop mock ups) but that aspect doesn't bother me about their presentation.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Everything about it is Photoshopped. That's how they mock them up. The new heads for FSS 2 were cgi renders from Boss Fight just like these.

Maybe because I do this for work (photoshop mock ups) but that aspect doesn't bother me about their presentation.

It normally doesn't, but it's to sell preorders on $40 figures. After Iceberg-gate, bad CGI photoshopping should be criticized, especially since even Hasbro wouldn't try to get away with that with their own product. On some of the heads, it's not an issue, but I think the nature of the lighted render will make it appear like chrome, when chances are it won't be.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I don't get all the hype I'm seeing around the various nerd hangouts about this being the second fucking coming! I don't understand why they used that Ret. Red Ninja as a base when a simple repaint of Ultimate SS with Renegades SS arms would have looked far more accurate?? Maybe the MUTs dig on this but as an Arah Fag I'd want something a helluva a lot closer in my premium fig. (try pulling this shit on the He-man subscribers!) I get that some character choices are not going to be very accurate based on available parts but this seems like a simple no brainer to make a very close accurate Slice.

Eh, I like mine more anyways. It makes it a hell of lot easier to pass.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
It normally doesn't, but it's to sell preorders on $40 figures. After Iceberg-gate, bad CGI photoshopping should be criticized, especially since even Hasbro wouldn't try to get away with that with their own product. On some of the heads, it's not an issue, but I think the nature of the lighted render will make it appear like chrome, when chances are it won't be.

Meh, still doesn't bother me. Iceberg had a "placeholder" head, not a rendered one of a new sculpt, so that was a completely different issue. I don't think a lot of people would expect chrome on anyone besides CC or Destro unless it was otherwise stated, would they?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

Tsk, tsk, looks like he's gonna need a Marauder M240/MAG 58.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I hate that entire figure build but he looks better than I feared.

It's the Dusty legs with the Nightfox/Desert Duke torso that's been fused (similar design to 25th Dusty, but it's an all-new mold with the fused waist).

I don't know if it's the ridiculous kneepads or what but I dislike them. Could be a lot worse, though, and at least the belts fit the torso.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I dont care for the figure but that face sculpt is pretty cool. too bad the hat isn't removable.

Brickhead

Enlisted
May 9, 2014
Southern Maryland
www.flickr.com
I think the head and hands are a bit big. Something else that doesn't look right... the legs in relation to the torso. Change the color of the undershirt to black. Change the knee pads to black. Maybe even smaller knee pads?

Then drop the price down to $5.99

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
What is with Hasbro's and the Club's love obsession with adding kneepads to figures that are not supposed to have them?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
not a fan of the knee pads either

I don't know why they can't utilize the Firefly filled-in knee at least on the "Ultimate SE" legs. I really hate those Dusty knees, though. They're so absurdly big, I think the only ones bigger are the Cobra Trooper ones from Renegades? They look more extreme sports or construction than military.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL

COBRA ELITE VANGUARD: CRIMSON GUARD IMMORTAL
- 25th Anniversary Style/Fully Poseable Action Figure
- Based on Version 1 Action Figure from 1991
- Features NEW Head Sculpt*
- Includes Cobra Logo Stand, Assault Rifle,
Removable Combat Vest, Dual Launcher with
Rockets, Crimson Guard Flag

(Note: Photo depicts prototype and final product may slightly differ.)​

Bad... so, so bad.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I actually like everything but the vest, but part of that could simply be the paint job in Photoshop. Silver always looks weird if you don't know what you're doing.

I'll probably get 3, since he was one of my favorites as a kid, since I never got the chance to get a V1 CG.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Never knew of the figure before 2007...soooooo, I couldn't care less about him...though I'm sure there is a group out there that splooged all over themselves when they saw that pic...:whatever: