Club Sub 3.0 (GIJCC FSS)

Vindicare86

TANSTAAFL
Apr 4, 2011
Germantown, MD
If you didn't realized yet - its just a simply repaints of the Night Force set. The most simple way to produce more figures.
So if it is - than why do you expect something new about the figures? Some kind of changes or so?...Wake up guys =)...

I hope maybe Big Ben will be good..but knowing the Club's way of making figures - I don't expect something awsome.

The only thing about that is, they did change something from the convention set version, the convention set version had the right webgear on it. I'd have been a hell of a lot happier with this figure if they'd kept the build and accessories the same and just changed the colors. And yeah, here's hoping Big Ben is good looking.

HUNMARINE

Enlisted
Feb 6, 2014
Hungary
The only thing about that is, they did change something from the convention set version, the convention set version had the right webgear on it. I'd have been a hell of a lot happier with this figure if they'd kept the build and accessories the same and just changed the colors. And yeah, here's hoping Big Ben is good looking.

Oops..sorry - my bad. But anyway..I feel my self "fooled".

The NF set was good. Yeah...kitbashes...but at least they had unique heads.
I just cant understand this hunt for the easy money.

We have to point it out - more and more customizers do a way better customs with WIP photos and part selections than the Club. I just cant clearly see now why should we call this repaints (and little gear swaps) - exclusive. :confused:

Vindicare86

TANSTAAFL
Apr 4, 2011
Germantown, MD
They're only called exclusives since the only place selling them is the club.

And you're right, customizers do a much much better job as a whole than the club could at most of these figures, but not everyone is that skilled, myself included. I can't do anything that isn't just a straight up parts swap. :p That and these are technically "official" figures created in conjunction with Hasbro, which is appeals to a lot of the collector market more than something some guy who has no connection to the company does. They both have their place, and I'll give the the club one thing, because these are production figures, they're going to be a more durable product (usually) and less susceptible to paint rub and other wear and tear.

But yeah, it's all a cash grab, though you'd think that they'd be more in touch with their fan base and give them the figures they want, as long as the tooling is available. There's no way that they didn't see the backlash from this coming. Or maybe they didn't and they're just that out of touch.

HUNMARINE

Enlisted
Feb 6, 2014
Hungary
They're only called exclusives since the only place selling them is the club.
That and these are technically "official" figures created in conjunction with Hasbro, which is appeals to a lot of the collector market more than something some guy who has no connection to the company does. They both have their place, and I'll give the the club one thing, because these are production figures, they're going to be a more durable product (usually) and less susceptible to paint rub and other wear and tear.

Today its possible to do a custom figure without those rubs and etc. =)
But I Can't understand - Why would collectors prefer a bad figure from the company (Club or Hasbro - doesn't matter) than a good one from a fellow fan?
I cant see the logic..

I can't do anything that isn't just a straight up parts swap. :p

Well..its a good start! :thumbsup:

But yeah, it's all a cash grab,

Thats make me really sad. :(

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
^
Lol! Looks better then the abortion they're putting out.

I'm glad I didn't buy fss! The guys at hisstank are trying to make themselves feel better by planning to kitbash her into a cobra trooper,lol. I'd be fucking pissed if I just paid $30-$40 for a half done trooper,lol. Especially since I can buy as many as I want at $6 a pop at DG!

Last edited:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I don't get everyone being all upset that she doesn't look like the source figure. Who gives a good goddamn about that figure? I'd never even heard of the character till the FSS 3.0 list was announced and even then I was puzzled at why people were so happy for such a shitty figure. She looks awful! They actually improved her by leaving off that camo.

I'll happily turn her into a female Cobra trooper. And you can't buy those at DGs because they don't fucking exist. Those are male troopers. I never wanted a damn Vypra in the first place, but at least turning that turd into a ladytrooper is a "turning lemons into lemonade" solution for an otherwise shitty character.

I'd have preferred them to make a totally new character with commando gear kitbashed together than a smudge-painted blue Jinx. I'm beginning to think everyone is simply retarded to be so attached to such a pisspoor repaint in the first place.

Vindicare86

TANSTAAFL
Apr 4, 2011
Germantown, MD
For me it's a nostalgia thing, the set she came in was one of the first things I got after they brought back GI Joe. Also I don't really like the shade of blue/grey they used on her, I dunno why. But I'll concede the original figure wasn't great.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
I don't get everyone being all upset that she doesn't look like the source figure. Who gives a good goddamn about that figure? I'd never even heard of the character till the FSS 3.0 list was announced and even then I was puzzled at why people were so happy for such a shitty figure. She looks awful! They actually improved her by leaving off that camo.

I'll happily turn her into a female Cobra trooper. And you can't buy those at DGs because they don't fucking exist. Those are male troopers. I never wanted a damn Vypra in the first place, but at least turning that turd into a ladytrooper is a "turning lemons into lemonade" solution for an otherwise shitty character.

I'd have preferred them to make a totally new character with commando gear kitbashed together than a smudge-painted blue Jinx. I'm beginning to think everyone is simply retarded to be so attached to such a pisspoor repaint in the first place.

^
Male troopers are still troopers:p I like the looks of the original! Granted I never owned it,nor have I seen one in person. IMO they should've just done a 100% repaint of jinx,I'd have liked that!! My only issue is those legs they used! I don't like them..personal preference tho.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
If you didn't realized yet - its just a simply repaints of the Night Force set. The most simple way to produce more figures.
So if it is - than why do you expect something new about the figures? Some kind of changes or so?...Wake up guys =)...

I hope maybe Big Ben will be good..but knowing the Club's way of making figures - I don't expect something awsome.

I know that. Still doesn't excuse making shitty figures. I guess it's a good argument for GM recalls too. We simply kept making flawed ignition switches because it was cheap.

blackrazor1

Enlisted
Dec 25, 2013
^
Lol! Looks better then the abortion they're putting out.

I'm glad I didn't buy fss! The guys at hisstank are trying to make themselves feel better by planning to kitbash her into a cobra trooper,lol. I'd be fucking pissed if I just paid $30-$40 for a half done trooper,lol. Especially since I can buy as many as I want at $6 a pop at DG!

To be fair, one guy at hisstank is turning Vypra into a female trooper. Many are still upset at the lack of camo.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
^
As long as we're being fair,3 people in one thread alone.lol.

Here's a very quick and dirty photoshop comp of my plans for the FSS3 Vypra. A Cobra Officer courier/intelligence operative that fits in with the army of troopers and officers that I have amassed.

I like how you think, pal. I have the same plans for mine once I get my hands on one. I fact, I might get more than one just to build an all-female Cobra platoon.

Vypra fails as an update to the original figure but she kicks ass as a template for a female Cobra trooper.

Yeah, that's my plan. Well, I honestly hope to try the TRU 3-pack Beachhead webgear first, hoping it helps hide the black folded-over line on the shirt.

But will a trooper helmet fit on that Jinx head, though? I'm not at home to try, or else I could in about 5 seconds.

Nothing wrong with that. Me,I could care less if she's camo instead of being painted like Grimace from McDonald's. I just don't like the leg choice. I was really hoping for a dark colored jinx repaint to go with my red&yellow ones.

Last edited:

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI

If you don't like the original figure, fine. But there is absolutely no reason to be fucking dick about it.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
If you don't like the original figure, fine. But there is absolutely no reason to be fucking dick about it.

Aww sweetie pie, don't get so upset. :wave:

The other figures, I somewhat get the fussing, even if I don't agree with them. That silly camo looks awful and nobody will ever sell me on any good reason why Vypra is even a figure anyone would want, even if she is a female Cobra trooper in a heavily-male army. She's not only an uninteresting speckled clone of Jinx, she's just not pleasing to the eye or even interesting to begin with. The whole look is a disaster.

Last edited:

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Are you sure you aren't mixing up Hit & Run with Ripcord?
Hit & Run looks like he has an opened pointed collar. Hit & Run (v1) G.I. Joe Action Figure - YoJoe Archive
Retaliation Duke's torso would work great for a new Ripcord though.

If Hit N Run buttoned his short up to the top the collar looks like it would stand similar to Duke's. Plus Hit N Run's shirt is a pull over with no breast pockets, same as Duke's.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
They just posted Repeater. Looks good, comes with some extra gear he was missing like a belt and pockets, but missing his steady-cam altogether.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
not liking the knee pads but the figure is a keeper for me.

Yeah, the kneepads are unnecessary but at least they gave him his missing pouches and shit. The Con one was one of my favorites, but had those holes in his thighs. I'd set aside the corresponding pieces from a Roadblock to add to my Con Repeater.

The NF deco Repeater is still one of my favorites from that set, but I prefer the V1 for all of the NF team except for Psyche-Out.

They should've just left the kneepads tan to match his pants.

Last edited:

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
Battle Kata RB torso and Ultimate RB legs actually look pretty decent after seeing all the other crap they've shown. It's still not worth the price to me when you can get better figures for less elsewhere though (looking at you ARW, BFS, and MTF).