Club Sub 3.0 (GIJCC FSS)

blackrazor1

Enlisted
Dec 25, 2013
THAT is what they should have done. Changed the colors to match the Night Creeper's.

Then you'd have more complaints about colors not matching the original. I'm still surprised how heated the Sperahead orange/brown debate got.

Last edited:

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
I didn't care for the vintage and I don't care for this one. If it was the cartoon version I would have loved it.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I though he was gay Lex Luther?

hahahaha

Man this figure sucks.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Not unexpected, but still boring. Then again, the ARAH ones were, too.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They really should just show us Cadet Tittyballs.....I mean Bombstrike.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, she's a lock for the 11th or 12th reveal.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
The only list I've seen is this one:

Psyche Out (Original Colors)
Repeater (Original Colors)
Hit & Run (Concept Case Version?)
Muskrat (Original Colors)
Spearhead (Original Colors)
Alpine v2
Bombstrike
Big Ben
Crimson Guard Immortal (Concept Case Version?)
Slice
Night Creeper Leader
Vypra

and it was in that order. :)

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Wait, found the one MR was talking about:

G.I. JOE POINT MAN: SPEARHEAD

Includes: removable helmet and combat vest, assault rifle, machine gun with bi-pod, ammo strip, assault rifle with strap, machete, backpack, MAX (Bobcat) and figure stand.

G.I. JOE MOUNTAIN TROOPER: ALPINE

Includes: NEW head, removable goggles, rope bundle, assault rifle, submachine gun,
pick axe, grappling hook, backpack and figure stand.

COBRA SUPREME NINJA MASTER: NIGHT CREEPER LEADER

Includes: crossbow, submachine guns, swords, blades, throwing stars and figure stand.

G.I. JOE DECEPTIVE WARFARE: PSYCHE-OUT

Includes: submachine gun, sonic emitter device with dish, wrist emitters, pistol, backpack and figure stand.

G.I. JOE SWAMP FIGHTER: MUSKRAT

Includes: removable boonie hat, shotgun, hunting rifle, pistol with suppressor, knife, machete, trap, backpack,
NEW swamp skimmer board and figure stand.

COBRA COURIER: VYPRA

Includes: computer case with submachine gun, submachine gun with suppressor, swords, backpack and figure stand.

G.I. JOE LIGHT INFANTRYMAN: HIT & RUN

Includes: removable helmet and goggles, assault rifle, pistols, knife, climbing piton,
backpack with grappling hooks and figure stand.

G.I. JOE MACHINE GUNNER: REPEATER

Includes: machine gun with bi-pod and ammo box, pistol, knife, backpack and figure stand.

COBRA NINJA COMMANDO:COBRA SLICE

Includes: NEW head, hook swords, wrist blades, connection swords, backpack and figure stand.

SPECIAL ACTION FORCE COMMANDO: BIG BEN

Includes: NEW head, TNT satchel bag, assault weapon, machine gun with bi-pod,
grenades, machete, backpack and figure stand.

COBRA ELITE VANGUARD: CRIMSON GUARD IMMORTAL

Includes: NEW head, assault rifle, dual launcher with rockets, crimson flag and figure stand.

G.I. JOE FOWARD AIR CONTROLLER: BOMBSTRIKE

Includes: NEW head, assault rifle, pistol, aerial drone with weapons, computer case
with submachine gun, backpack and figure stand.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
I was going to post is as well, but could not find where I had seen it. Not surprising that Bombstrike is last.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Wonder what they're gonna use for her torso? Nothing in the ME parts library matches, and the only "tig 'ol bitties" torso I can conjure to mind is the original 25th LJ's.......

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
I think they'll end up using the Night Force LJ body. I wouldn't be surprised if they used Renegades Scarlett either.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Both would be disappointing, for different reasons.

blackrazor1

Enlisted
Dec 25, 2013
I think NCL would've looked a lot better like this:

Too many paint apps on the pants.

Hell, even I don't know why I'm worked up over the choice. Christ, I own a damn v.2 NCL, for crying out loud.

I dunno, it just seems an odd choice to have made. Like choosing to do pink Flak Viper instead of blue Flak Viper, or gray and green Firefly over black and green Firefly.

Like, Shadow Ninja Snake Eyes over Ninja Force Snake Eyes.

Looks like they choose V2 as a cost saving measure. The extra paint app for the stripes costs money. Probably the same reason they didn't paint a skull cap on him. A lot of club members seem to prefer the orange/black color scheme, but they may not realize the pants wouldn't have the stripes.

I think they'll end up using the Night Force LJ body. I wouldn't be surprised if they used Renegades Scarlett either.

Will the NF Lady Jaye mold be available, since the 50th Lady Jaye will also be using it? That makes me wonder which arms are going to be used. I'm guessing it will be Renegades Scarlett torso with LJ v6 or Helix arms. The ROC Covergirl arms are probably too plain.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Too many paint apps on the pants.

Did you see that crazy ass "Urban Rain" camo they used on their other figures (this year on Wide Scope)? I don't think the pants are nearly as complex as that mask pattern.

I do agree that it's likely why they wouldn't do the tiger-stripe camo pants for V1, but they could easily do it. The main figure would have only 4-5 colors, max.

As for Psyche-Out, the only thing I dislike is how his bare arms are simply painted gray. Different lower arms would've looked like actual shirt material. I thought when they said they would use different parts, that his lower arms would be swapped out to achieve a more "sleeved" look.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Looks like they choose V2 as a cost saving measure. The extra paint app for the stripes costs money. Probably the same reason they didn't paint a skull cap on him. A lot of club members seem to prefer the orange/black color scheme, but they may not realize the pants wouldn't have the stripes.

This is probably the case, but even the most talentless hack could add those if they so desired, and it's not like the club is afraid to half-ass these things in the first place.

Will the NF Lady Jaye mold be available, since the 50th Lady Jaye will also be using it? That makes me wonder which arms are going to be used. I'm guessing it will be Renegades Scarlett torso with LJ v6 or Helix arms. The ROC Covergirl arms are probably too plain.

Considering Bombstrike was more or less wearing something along the lines of a class 3 quarter-sleeve undershirt, I don't think the problem with RoC CG's arms will be them being too plain.

Last edited:

blackrazor1

Enlisted
Dec 25, 2013
Considering Bombstrike was more or less wearing something along the lines of a class 3 quarter-sleeve undershirt, I don't think the problem with RoC CG's arms will be them being too plain.

I was referring to the lack of gloved hands. Resolute Scarlett hands would probably look the best, but they aren't compatible with either set of arms.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Resolute Scarlett has mid-forearm high gloves, they wouldn't have worked any way you slice it.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
If they can break up lower and upper arms I would go with Zarana lowers and either ROC Cover Girl or NF LJ uppers. If they can't break up sets I would go with NF LJ arms. They are short sleeve and gloved.