[Contest] Custom Games

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Custom Games

Concept:

Think "Hunger Games" only with custom 1:18th figures. Members will create a custom figure and submit them to the contest. The Contest will be set up in a bracket format, think college basketball. Each figure will be faced off in a 1 vs 1 situation and the forum votes on the winner until we only have 1 figure left.

Story:

Custom Games is the ultimate test for all customs. We are gathering the best warriors from the entire community to see who will become our champion. The arena will be set up for a true battle. Each contestant may also bring in there own weapon(s) of choice to the arena. Every contestant needs to be prepared for anything and everything. We can only have one champion!

Prizes:

Grand Prize:
-2013 SDCC Joe/Transformer Set
-Hand Crafted "Arena" Dio by Meddatron
-$75 Gift Certificate to Tofujesse.com
-Site Medal

Second Place:
-Two MU Professor X's

Rules:

1. Create a custom 1:18th scale figure

2. Must be a "new" figure. Figure can't be a custom already displayed on the site or any other site. Figure needs to be created for the Contest.

3. Figures will be placed in a Tournament Bracket and fight to the death until we have a winner

4. Figures will be randomly selected for the bracket

5. Each winner of the battle will be decided via a public poll

6. You may only enter 1 figure for the contest

6a. We need a even amount of entries for the bracket to work. You may submit a second entry to be considered a "alternate". If alternates are needed, they will be selected at random.

7. You must create your own thread titled *User's Custom Games Entry*

8. Must have at least 3 Separate Photos of the figure in your entry thread

9. Custom figure must have a name or codename and a short bio

10. Contest runs from August 15th - November 1st

11. All entries must be submitted by Midnight Central Time November 1st

12. Voting starts November 10th

Any Violation of these rules will result in a Disqualification

Last edited:

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
I understand the definition of new, but the custom can be based on any character correct?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That's what I take from it. It's just the standard internet custom contest disclaimer about not being shown before.

Origin of the character doesn't matter, as long as the custom has not been shown before.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Do we create the thread here in the announcements section or somewhere else?

Only staff can create threads in "Announcements" so it will have to be in the Custom Section. Doesn't matter where, as long they label it properly I'll be bale to find it.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Thanks, was fun to make. Its 4 separate pieces, all are reversible (even the floor) for a lot of configurations.

More Arena pics can be found here along with WIP pics.

Hey Med, If you want you can start up a public thread for the Dio too. That way non Officers can view it's greatness. Just an idea.

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
Question: I posted a WIP of a Nemesis Enforcer type figure yesterday or the day before, but the figure is a new project. Would I still be able to use that figure for the contest or is it disqualified because I posted a WIP?

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Question: I posted a WIP of a Nemesis Enforcer type figure yesterday or the day before, but the figure is a new project. Would I still be able to use that figure for the contest or is it disqualified because I posted a WIP?

Well, rule 2:
"2. Must be a "new" figure. Figure can't be a custom already displayed on the site or any other site. Figure needs to be created for the Contest."

By that, it ought to be unable to be entered into the contest, but I'll leave the final ruling on that to Monkeywrench.

XOC2008

Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Well it IS a "new" figure... it's not even done yet LOL. I'm just not sure if posting those WIPs disqualifies it. If so, so be it.

Well the rule says it can't be a custom already displayed on the site. If you delete your post with the WIP I suppose it would count. ;) But like I said, I'll let MW have the final ruling, since I'm going by the letter of the rules and only he knows the spirit of the rules.

starwarsgeek

Self-explanatory
Aug 1, 2011
New Joisey
www.starwarsgeek.net
Yeah, I wasn't sure if that went against the rules, which is why I asked. Like I said, technically speaking it's a 'new' figure, and it hasn't been shown in it's completed state yet (since it's NOT complete yet lol) so I figured I would ask.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Gotta agree with XOC on this one.

However I need more info on this NE figure. So you said you posted a WIP thread a few days ago? Post up a link so I can verify the dates and give you a definitive answer then.

Technically this Contest has been posted in the Officer forum for weeks so.... you may have a loop hole ;)

Not promising anything until I get more info.

Tim 121RVC

The Unwashed
Jan 22, 2012
I'm not familiar with the Hunger Games (yet, can you believe it..........)
Any rules on the type of weapons? Martial arts only, guns (real life or sci-fi), throwing stuff (ninja stars, flashbangs, caltrops etc). If guns are not allowed, how about bow/arrow or crossbow?
Can the entries have super powers or should everyone be as equal as a normal human being? Even then, are aliens or half-breeds allowed?

I know, a lot of different stuff. Just trying to find out what can be used and what not.
Great initiative though, an inspiring contest!

XOC2008

Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
I'd say just be sensible with the weapons. I would think a normal amount that one could feasibly carry would be ideal. Don't go all POC/30th overboard with nowhere to put half of them. And for the superpowers, half breeds, aliens, etc.. again, I think it should be fine. MW has the final say really on what's acceptable, but if SWG enters(can enter) his Nemesis Enforcer-or-whatever-it-will-be, I'd think pretty much anything goes as far as race. Just be creative and have fun. :)

XOC2008

Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
oh... I gots an idea...

If we're creating our own thread, could we create the thread, say now.. and catalog the creation from WIP to finished product?