[Contest] Custom Games

Byrnes

Ghetto Fabulous
Feb 29, 2012
I don't even know what Hunger Games is. I just assumed this would be a battle of customizers and not characters. That's the persception of the contest to me. SO if that's the case then congrats to the Hulk since he's can't be beat.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
I'm curious - if someone entered a technically-superior-to-all-the-other-customs infant in a stroller, would those of you who are only gauging this by custom ability make the argument that you'd vote for it?

Byrnes

Ghetto Fabulous
Feb 29, 2012
I'm curious - if someone entered a technically-superior-to-all-the-other-customs infant in a stroller, would those of you who are only gauging this by custom ability make the argument that you'd vote for it?
'

Yes to me its about the custom. It should have nothing to do with who can beat who. In my mind it was pitting one customizer against another. Not the characters abilities being pitted against each other.

Maybe I am wrong but I feel a lot of us thought this was Customizer vs Customizer.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
'

Yes to me its about the custom. It should have nothing to do with who can beat who. In my mind it was pitting one customizer against another. Not the characters abilities being pitted against each other.

Then you've missed a large part of the point of the competition.

letal

I Went Todash
May 8, 2013
Brazil

If the baby had superior intellect and mind controlling powers in his bio.... why not?

He could even defeat the Hulk and Banner putting the mind of the Hulk in deserted landscape with a lot of empty tanks for him to smash and the mind of Banner in life where he could win the Nobel Prize year after year after year...
May be not forever.. but long enough to win a silly match.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
If the baby had superior intellect and mind controlling power in his bio.... why not?

He could even defeat the Hulk and Banner putting the mind of the Hulk in deserted landscape with a lot of empty tanks for him to smash and the mind of Banner in life where he could win the Nobel Prize year after year after year...
May be not forever.. but long enough to win a silly match.

Nope, baby's bio doesn't include any of that. His abilities are just eating, breathing and pooping. But the skill displayed in making him is far superior to anything else shown.

letal

I Went Todash
May 8, 2013
Brazil
Only if their buddy with the same logo made it... oops, did I say that out loud?

haha.... yeah make it personal ... I don't even know who the guy who made the Shock Trooper is, still his custom is not just a washed up Hulk. So I voted for him ...
And man...try no to speak out loud everything you think, it makes you look crazy and may get you fired.

Byrnes

Ghetto Fabulous
Feb 29, 2012
Only if their buddy with the same logo made it... oops, did I say that out loud?

Yes you did and it's way off mark, I don't know you and I guess you don't know me but I don't vote like that.

This has nothing to do with who's logo's on who's picture. I'm asking is this a character vs character contest or a customizer vs customizer contest. It's got to be one or the other and appears as if it's Character vs Character based on some of the comments.

Last edited:

letal

I Went Todash
May 8, 2013
Brazil
Nope, baby's bio doesn't include any of that. His abilities are just eating, breathing and pooping. But the skill displayed in making him is far superior to anything else shown.

then probably no ... unless the other custom was a LBC.

See everybody who entered made a warrior... they just didn't think it should be the most powerful being in the universe.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
I asking is this a character vs character contest or a customizer vs customizer contest. It's got to be one or the other a appears as if it's Character vs Character based on some of the comments.

I know you're not talking to me here, but the point that several of us have been trying to make is that no, it doesn't have to be one or the other; it can be both. The intent was to take several things into consideration: quality of the custom AND biography AND choice of character, etc. when making a decision.

letal

I Went Todash
May 8, 2013
Brazil
and fogger1138 following you logic ... if somebody made a crapy custom, say chaning tantum head in a commander body ... and called him Ares, Lord of War... I would not vote for him either ...

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
then probably no ... unless the other custom was a LBC.

My point. Character selection is part of this.

As an aside, :wtf: is "LBC"? I've been seeing that everywhere and have no idea what it means.

See everybody who entered made a warrior... they just didn't think it should be the most powerful being in the universe.

Which Hulk is not, incidentally. There's a number of character options that could've been picked to defeat him.

Byrnes

Ghetto Fabulous
Feb 29, 2012
My point. Character selection is part of this.

As an aside, :wtf: is "LBC"? I've been seeing that everywhere and have no idea what it means.

Which Hulk is not, incidentally. There's a number of character options that could've been picked to defeat him.

Lazy Butt Custom

Topside

Disgruntled Goat
Aug 6, 2012
NYS- Finger Lakes
Yes you did and it's way off mark, I don't know you and I guess you don't know me but I don't vote like that.

This has nothing to do with who's logo's on who's picture. I'm asking is this a character vs character contest or a customizer vs customizer contest. It's got to be one or the other and appears as if it's Character vs Character based on some of the comments.

Posted my support of JR before seeing this.

You and letal seem to be making the biggest deal out of the voting and maybe its just coincidence that you are both syndicate and that you don't seem to understand the "rules" or "spirit" of the competition or maybe its not. Maybe next time you should ask for some clarification before telling people how they should be running their own contest.

Byrnes

Ghetto Fabulous
Feb 29, 2012
Nice to see I'm not the only one with that thought.

Again what does this have to do with anything?

Do you think we're just blindly voting for our guys in the group? Your dead wrong.

Nice to see what people are really thinking.

letal

I Went Todash
May 8, 2013
Brazil

yeah people can think any rubbish they want ...even that some votes are going because the customizer is a fighting1:18-pal ... does not make it true, right?

As I said none of the customs here in this thread are from The Syndicate.

Byrnes

Ghetto Fabulous
Feb 29, 2012
Posted my support of JR before seeing this.

You and letal seem to be making the biggest deal out of the voting and maybe its just coincidence that you are both syndicate and that you don't seem to understand the "rules" or "spirit" of the competition or maybe its not. Maybe next time you should ask for some clarification before telling people how they should be running their own contest.

We're just trying to figure out the voting. I want to be fair and vote how we're suppose to vote. Like I said before I was just voting on Custom and Bio and nothing else. I find out later is says vote on all 3 things. BUT then I see some people just saying "I voted on this character cause there is no way he would loose in a fight"

I get it, just vote and leave it at that. :cool:

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Apparently the object of the game was missed. If anyone is not happy such is life. The rules were pretty clear in the beginning, at least I thought they were. If I was not sure I did a crazy thing and asked MW about it. Me? I gave my guy a weapon and a biography. Shit, I got beat by a fucking dinosaur! They are extinct tberefore I win by default, right?

Also, I keep an eye on who's voting to be sure there is no mutable accounts. Anyone familiar with v bulletin should know that goderators can see who does what with votes.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Can everyone complain in the thread that had the rules please? Eddie's threads always get derailed. This thread is for a match. Thank you.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
WOW!

you guys are a bunch of babies. There is a reason why I keep all the Contests in the Officer Section. Lesson learned. Never again.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com

Again what does this have to do with anything?

Do you think we're just blindly voting for our guys in the group? Your dead wrong.

Nice to see what people are really thinking.

I have seen Byrnes on OG13 all the time. I don't post much there, but read a good bit there. I do not believe Byrnes would do such a thing with the voting. He hosted contests at OG13 (52 weeks I think was one) and is all about the community. He does not strike me at all as that type of person. Lets move away from it being personal please.

Let it get heated, no problems with that, discuss away, debate away. But please let's not make it a 118th vs OG13 or Syndicate thing on the boards. We are all adults and much better than that. Lets not be old school HT.

Everyone vote however you guys want. If a person wants to vote custom vs custom so be it. If a person wants to vote bio vs bio, character vs character, or a combination of all, so be it. Its the individuals vote and shouldn't be told by others how to place it. Just my 2 cents.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Also, I keep an eye on who's voting to be sure there is no mutable accounts. Anyone familiar with v bulletin should know that goderators can see who does what with votes.

Funny...I considered making another account, user title "HULK" just so I could sh!t talk in MMs thread since our guys fight if we win :D

See? It's always Eddie's fault.

:headinsand:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Sheesh. Public contests are a joke lol

Polls are jokes...some people take them seriously, some don't...you can't force people to not be contrary just to be d!cks...you can't force people not to play favorites...you can't force anyone to not be spiteful...etc etc...

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
It's all because the prize is an exclusive...otherwise we'd just be voting for a naked female custom.

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
Funny...I considered making another account, user title "HULK" just so I could sh!t talk in MMs thread since our guys fight if we win :D

:headinsand:

I remember on one of the old boards, I was able to make a separate section of members, kind of like how there are moderators, admins, and then members.. I was able to make it so new members couldn't vote, or something like that.. I wonder if you could make a member group and call them something like Combatants.. and all they could do is talk smack, lol... and not do stuff like PM or vote or anything like that..

That'd be kinda cool and if there is a second custom games next year.. it could really add to the experience.