Dollar General figures showing up

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
Good reference to "Army of Darkness!"

what's up with a certain website wherein the users refuse to utilize commas periods or colons in their sentences didn't it ever occur to them that grammar and spelling might help in the communication process or perhaps give them some credibility when they post I feel so archaic for expecting proper sentence structure and punctuation finishing sentences that actually make sense would be nice to see as well perhaps it would be best to just take a nap right now in my old age it is pretty stupid to expect ANYTHING in the way of decent writing on the internet these days thanks for reading this rant it certainly is appreciated have a good day

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Good reference to "Army of Darkness!"

what's up with a certain website wherein the users refuse to utilize commas periods or colons in their sentences didn't it ever occur to them that grammar and spelling might help in the communication process or perhaps give them some credibility when they post I feel so archaic for expecting proper sentence structure and punctuation finishing sentences that actually make sense would be nice to see as well perhaps it would be best to just take a nap right now in my old age it is pretty stupid to expect ANYTHING in the way of decent writing on the internet these days thanks for reading this rant it certainly is appreciated have a good day

What you did there, she sees it.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Score!

There are 5 DG's within 20 minutes of me, I hit three, one had the figures, looked to be one case worth.
-All black CCx1
-All black COx1
-B&W ninjax1
-Blue SEx1
-Blue SWx1
-Green Dukex1

I picked up SW and Duke. $6 each.

Last edited:

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Yea, those Officers seem to be the nicest figures of the group from the pictures I saw.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Funnily enough in the vairant set Shipwreck is the stand out one.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Yea, that shipwreck is a pretty good base. At least those figures are a more reasonable price. $6 at a dollar store just seems wrong though. That's false advertising!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Heh. Unfortunately DG and FD have never been true "dollar" stores.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I only have a Dollar Tree relatively close. They stick to their guns. I've never seen anything over $1 there. You also get what you pay for though.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Indeed. They did get the Terminator leftovers, though.

Hope these things show up here. I want to stock up on Officers and variant SWs. Maybe a couple of those variant SEs too.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Yeah, as far as DG goes, it is a bit of a misnomer as the majority of their stuff is over $1.

And they even had these on the $3.50 peg as was mentioned on HT.

And to add to my info, I'm located in SE Missouri, about two hours from St. Louis (and I think Ewok!)

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
And even IF a DG doesn't have them, they might just be slow in puttin them out on the floor. One person over on HT said a store he went to had them but hadn't hung them up yet. I'd suggest giving it another week before writing off any one store as a dead end.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
so has anybody found them yet? I honestly wasn't expecting them to show up in full force before the Retaliation line would. I'll have to check all the DGs in my area.

bitetheasp

Enlisted
Aug 2, 2011
Kwinn was awesome in the comic. Along with Dr. Venom and Scarface(blue officer will be converted into him).

Who were you, if you don't mind my asking? I was Thrall(Thrall of Warcraft/God of Warcraft)

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
impalerprince. I definitely remember you.

I miss Peeker.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Speaking of Kwinn and shorts...I can't figure out why no one has cast a pair of male and female plain blue jeans / pants and shorts.

You'd think those would sell pretty well.

And to keep it thread related...I hit two DGs clsoe to my house and nothing yet except $3.50 Combat Heroes and $6.00 5 Point articulation Ironman and Spiderman figs.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
IMPALERPRINCE?

*snicker*

I know a SanFran fag ain't snickering about that.

Speaking of Kwinn and shorts...I can't figure out why no one has cast a pair of male and female plain blue jeans / pants and shorts.

You'd think so. It may be that denim is just such a pain in the ass to paint correctly.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
bitetheasp, yeah, Ktiger said it. I went by the same name and I too remember you, glad to have you here! :)

As for pants/jeans, the legs off the RoC CC work pretty good for all things pant related. They're even already black to help with drybrushing!

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
That is the one redeeming quality of that ROC CC. And when he showed up at discount stores for $3, it was worth it. I tossed all the rest.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I like the variant head. Ain't found a use yet, but something will turn up.

I will say it took balls to change up CC's look, even if it didn't pan out. I see Chu has gone back to fan acceptable CC faggotry.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
That re-issued CC with the chrome head was pretty cool all around. And if you could find a use for his jacket it was a total win.

Gungho-joe

Enlisted
Apr 1, 2011
Ohio
8 Dollar Generals in my area including West Virginia. 2 of the 8 had them today. I picked up a set and then I grabbed a extra cobra trooper at the other. I must resist going batshit crazy troop building....

red4

Enlisted
Feb 25, 2012
8 Dollar Generals in my area including West Virginia. 2 of the 8 had them today. I picked up a set and then I grabbed a extra cobra trooper at the other. I must resist going batshit crazy troop building....

or you can go ahead and do that, but just give me the extras. I won't even charge you.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder

Yeah, I think I'm done with two each of SE, SS, and CC. But SW, Duke, and the trooper are worthy of multiples, especially at $6. Everyone need more greenshirts, sailors, and black cobra officers (why they named him "trooper" when he's clearly an officer is beyond me).

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI

I'm currently working on a pair of naked female legs. It wouldn't take too much to make the legs look like pants.

On topic: I'll be hitting up all the DGs and FDs in my 25 mile radius tomorrow, I got nothing better to do.

Last edited:

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I'm currently working on a pair of naked female legs. It wouldn't take too much to make the legs like like pants.

On topic: I'll be hitting up all the DGs and FDs in my 25 mile radius tomorrow, I got nothing better to do.

Nice!

Good luck on the hunt!