Dollar General figures showing up

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
If you get them directly from Dorkside (they take paypal) it'll save you $.89 each...and if you get enough of them, shipping will be cheaper too as it's $6.99 flat rate instead of a buck each...

I'm on the fence as I've wanted to do the OG 13 with that body for a while...

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
If you get them directly from Dorkside (they take paypal) it'll save you $.89 each...and if you get enough of them, shipping will be cheaper too as it's $6.99 flat rate instead of a buck each...

The funny thing is, Dorkside had them for $5.99 or $6.99 the other day... I don't remember which, but I had them in a browser window for a few days, and it refreshed and I saw the price change before my eyes. I guess they realized they didn't jack the price up high enough for those.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com

They pro-rate the shipping per unit on ebay, it was like $2.49 for 5 of them shipped loose.

Hate paying secondary prices, but since there is no DG around here and our members are scalpy mcscalpers.. figured I had no choice :)

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
I got my two sets from BBTS today. I love them even more after seeing them in person. In pictures Shipwreck has this weird two tone color thing going on on the pants which I don't see in person. And seeing Duke's exact color in person, he really is perfect for Sunbow Grunt, and close enough for Sunbow Breaker.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
They pro-rate the shipping per unit on ebay, it was like $2.49 for 5 of them shipped loose.

Hate paying secondary prices, but since there is no DG around here and our members are scalpy mcscalpers.. figured I had no choice :)

How many of what are you hunting. I plan on getting one set, plus an extra of the Blue Troopers. Once they hit here, If they hit like the first wave, I will have no issues finding them. I'll grab whatever you want bro as I see them. at cost of course. I got 1 DG that I can walk to, 2 that I can drive in a few minutes and about 7-8 that are within 30 minutes of me. I live in a Dollar General town. first wave arrived here about 1-2 months after they were reported to start hitting. So I am hoping in June they will be here. All my DG's just stocked wave 1. I think they cleared the warehouse out to make space for the next wave. These things sold very well here and I see the stores keeping stock full.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011

Dude, PM me a list of which ones you want.

duffmann

Duff Beer Mascot
Jun 19, 2011
Fallbrook
i got my wave 2 form a seller on eBay and he really hooked me up. they showed up and they were still in the Hasbro box. 2 fresh cases and with the price plus shipping came to about $7.70 a figure or so. I have TJMaxx and Marshall's here in California but have only found one of the wave 2 figures a green Snake Eyes.

Krisk

Enlisted
Feb 17, 2012
you know with BBTS, it was about the same as buying the sets from DG if you include Tax..

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The funny thing is, Dorkside had them for $5.99 or $6.99 the other day... I don't remember which, but I had them in a browser window for a few days, and it refreshed and I saw the price change before my eyes. I guess they realized they didn't jack the price up high enough for those.

For the second wave or for mystery figures?...by mystery I mean you're not sure what color the figures will be...

Krisk

Enlisted
Feb 17, 2012
found a lone blue trooper this week....peg was full of wv1 shippys and dukes, about 4 of each, one black trooper in the front, one blue trooper all the way to the back...guess the shippys and Dukes were their prisoners? hahah

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
The new wave hit my area at Dollar General. I found a single Blue trooper on the pegs at the one down the street from me I walk to. I plan to hit the post office tomorrow and on that trip I will pass 3 other DG's. Keeping my fingers crossed.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I was there about a week ago and mine had the two best figs, IMO...green Shippy and dark Duke...the rest, gone!...I was quite surprised...

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
I just checked my DG today.
Scored Shipwreck & Cobra trooper (yes re-repaints)
Left behind Snake Eyes which actually doesn't look that bad. The green isn't as bright as some pics made him look.
Gone were creamsicle Stormshadow, Duke, & CC.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Arise, Necrothread! Arise!

So this line is pretty much dead, as it sounds like it has been discontinued. Someone on JC posted this pick of the proposed 3rd wave. I'm glad we missed this:

Grey SW is alright, and I would have bought Officers for the parts (I don't get the hard-on people have for the Stinger Driver), but the rest of that is certified Grade "A" shite.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
The only reason I want the Stinger Driver is the 25th one sucks (both versions) and I am ok with the Duke and Shipwreck too. To be honest, they can destroy that SE, SS and CC mold and I won't be upset. But I'd buy those other 3, no doubt. Shame, really.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I just don't like that dated-ass Zap mold. The M16A1s were the only thing I found useful from DG Duke.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I just don't like that dated-ass Zap mold. The M16A1s were the only thing I found useful from DG Duke.

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan. For folks who won't shut the fuck up about tan Grunt and tan Clutch, though, it shuts them the fuck up. I think it's still good for parts, though, unlike the other fucking 3 turds.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
CC has hinged pistol grip hands! :D

Wait, sarcasm? Or did they update the parts?

They need to ditch the 3 shitty ones, and pump out the entire Shock Trooper figure in tan and green and black, and maybe something like the Firefly/Lifeline/Ret. Duke figure in the same colors and call it a day. If they're not going to stop overusing those goddamn parts, at least give them to us in good colors and a LOT.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Nope, all the CCs that used those arms have hinged wrists. Mmm, Shock Trooper in olive, tan and black.

Problem is you blow the accessory budget just on the head gear, because you have to have all three pieces. I could live with that and just webbing, preferably Retaliation Beachhead's AK chest rig.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Nope, all the CCs that used those arms have hinged wrists. Mmm, Shock Trooper in olive, tan and black.

Problem is you blow the accessory budget just on the head gear, because you have to have all three pieces. I could live with that and just webbing, preferably Retaliation Beachhead's AK chest rig.

Well shit. I'd have snagged a few of the CCs just for their hands alone if I'd known they were hinged. I assumed not since it uses that old ass CG torso.

I think they could just reuse either the trooper head on the ST buck, or use the beachhead/Law-ski-mask head instead of the damn 3-piece rig on the ST. They'd paint it all to fuck anyways, so keeping it simple would be best. That BH vest is probably the best damn webgear they've made in a long while besides the ST vest.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Just like the 1st two waves I would have no use for Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow. But Cobra Commander, Duke, and Shipwreck are all useful for customs and the Officer is needed for the collection.

TIE_FighterTK069

Enlisted
Oct 20, 2014
Back in Tucson, AZ!
Just like the 1st two waves I would have no use for Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow. But Cobra Commander, Duke, and Shipwreck are all useful for customs and the Officer is needed for the collection.

I like Snake Eyes' LBE, but the figure was shit. Duke made good zombie fodder for me, and I've use so many of those Shipwrecks for custom fodder I'm a bit sick of him... But I'd be happy to buy more if they ever get more out there! I'm missing the hunt for cheapo Joes and Cobras...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Well shit. I'd have snagged a few of the CCs just for their hands alone if I'd known they were hinged. I assumed not since it uses that old ass CG torso.

I think they could just reuse either the trooper head on the ST buck, or use the beachhead/Law-ski-mask head instead of the damn 3-piece rig on the ST. They'd paint it all to fuck anyways, so keeping it simple would be best. That BH vest is probably the best damn webgear they've made in a long while besides the ST vest.

Yeah, changing the head could work. And I agree about BH's webbing. I waited for years for them to do something like that. The ST's is hot shit, too, but the lack of rifle magazine pouches has always bothered me.

The only problem on BH's aside from it not be used on enough figures is those two square pouches just tacked onto the front.

ShipShape1983

Its THAT guy...
Sep 17, 2013
NJ
Just bought a w2 SS the other day for a custom.

Kinda wish I could find the black and white w1 SS too again... I'm working on a Sonny Chiba figure. Would only need his torso and upper arms though...