Dollar General figures showing up

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
*dreams crushed* :(

Well, if they hit all the stores, I'll eventually have extras.

Yeah, I just saw they were on BBTS. Not bad, considering the prices for sets prior. Less than I paid, I think.

BBTS dropped the price on the sets within hours of me buying a few sets. That's kind of annoying. For the price they are selling Shipwreck it might be worth buying a half dozen and hope they are the repaints.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Well, if they hit all the stores, I'll eventually have extras..

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
I'm just going to copy and paste my post from Hisstank. I'm ordering a bunch of Shipwrecks from BBTS because...

The more I think about it the more it seems that these will in fact be "wave 2". We know Hasbro was to run wave 1 and then run wave 2. Wave 2 has been in stores now which means all future runs will be wave 2. DG has had some wave 2 show up which means wave 1 stock is running out. With the amount of stock that BBTS and EE bought I find it hard to imagine that there was enough wave 1 stock left for them to buy. So the stock they are buying would be new stock which means wave 2. Some more evidence, BBTS and EE are both preorders which means they do not have to product yet. So I assume the product is not yet completed which could mean it is currently in production which also suggests wave 2.

And if they are wave 1 then I'll just have a bunch of custom fodder. There is plenty of custom potential with a commando sweater body.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
I'd be leery just because the BBTS site notes that the pictures (which show wave 1) are what they're expecting to get. It'd be nice to be wrong, though.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Hello,

The purpose of this message is to inform you that we have recently received our shipment of G.I. Joe 2013 Basic Set figures. When these figures were originally solicited we listed them with the photos provided to us from the manufacturer. We also added a notice stating that these figures may be arriving with a random or variant color scheme. Our shipment does contains those variant color schemes and all of our photos and website listings have been updated accordingly. At this time all of our preorders have been processed however if you would like to cancel your order you may do so within 15 days of the purchase date. If your order has already been paid and sent to Warehouse status for shipping, please contact Customer Service (service@bigbadtoystore.com) and they will assist you further.

We do apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this has caused you and we are hopeful that everyone will enjoy these figures.

Thank you for ordering from BigBadToyStore and have a wonderful day!

Sincerely,

BBTS Customer Care

So Falcone was right - they got in the wave 2 figures. They currently have everything in stock EXCEPT Shipwreck: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search.aspx?search=2013 joe basic

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
I ended up rolling the dice (Falcone's argument swayed me) and I got the last two Shipwrecks they had listed about a month or so ago.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Looks like I got the last one! Someone must've jettisoned their preorder and I snatched up a lone Green Shippy. Hopefully it wasn't some fluke.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
The green ships woulda been the ONLY thing I ordered online...the rest like Duke and SE I would gamble on at retail...

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
That moment when you realized that you completely missed out on them.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Wish these goddamn things would show up in actual stores.

Gungho-joe

Enlisted
Apr 1, 2011
Ohio
the wife just brought me home the remnants of wave 2. She got me all of them except for the Blue cobra officer and orange storm shadow. Just checked the 2 Dollar General stores within 10 minutes of my house and they didn't have anything.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Nice find fogger...picked up three of those shippy's from Dorkside...I've given up trying to find them at DG...too many Cobra commanders, SEs, and SSs pegwarming to get the newer wave.

Gungho-joe

Enlisted
Apr 1, 2011
Ohio
Do you actually want Sherbet Shadow? If so, I may get the case off BBTS and send him to you at cost if you want him.

It might sound weird but I do want that Sherbet Shadow. Its such a different repaint that I am digging it. Shoot me a message what I owe you and I will send it to you...I appreciate the help.