Exclusive Fighting 118th Action Figure Assembly Tutorial

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
**** Do not force parts, they will break/tear. If force is needed, dremil more. Do not have soft plastic stretched when assembled, it will tear over time. Dremil more. You really want clean fits to ensure longevity of the figure and best articulation possible. Go slow, take your time, Baby steps!****

Step 1 - Gather tools. You will need a dremil and various bits to make life easy. Also will need a glue to glue the torso. Also will need a method to heat parts up. I use a space heater, others use Hairdryers or a hot water bath. I use the yellow handled tools to remove any flashing.

Step 2 - Lay your pieces out.

Step 3 - The feet. You first need to increase the peg hole just a little. Do all hole increases just a little at a time to prevent looseness. When the peg on the shin feels like it is just about to slide in, heat the feet and pop them in. Do not heat the pegs.

Step 4 - put the legs and knees together to see how they fit. Some sanding may be required. We do not want to have any part bending out. Once they are sitting good, we need to increase the peg holes slightly again. Little by little. Make sure the pegs themselves are smooth shafts too. Once the peg feels as if it is ready to slide in cool with a little pressure, heat the legs (not pin) and pop the pins in one at a time.

Step 5 - We are going to do the elbows the same way as the legs. Put together, dremil the hole slightly till the peg fits well. Heat arm parts (not pin) and slide pins in. Notice the pegs have two different sized ends and so does the elbow holes. Be sure to put in proper.

Step 6 - Heat the upper leg parts (hips) and pop onto the finished lower legs.

Step 7 - Put the ball peg into the lower torso and glue the torso. Ball goes inside torso, flat disk stays out.

Step 8 - We need to sand various parts of the upper torso inside. First sand down the lower cavity some everywhere, just a little off. Now we need to sand the upper part of the shelf down until the lower torso peg falls into place.

Step 9 - sand the square box inside the upper torso back until shoulder pegs fit inside snug. You will also need to sand down the shoulder cavity's some to get a good range up movement and not have arms stick. Take off as much as you can. Trust me, will improve movement in final figure. Don't go too thin as the plastic gets brittle.

Last edited:

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Step 10 - Place shoulder peg into shoulder piece and see how it fits. Sand the shoulder piece where needed to get a clean fit and the holes line up. We need to drill these holes out some. Be careful not to drill all the way through. This peg does not go all the way through. Sand the peg smooth, make the tip of the peg shorter, and thinner. Will help in assembly. Once the holes on pin and shoulder match very good to pin, heat shoulder piece (not pin) and pop in. let cool. You will notice the big end of the pin sticks out. You will need to sand that flush. It will all but disappear once sanded.

Step 11 - Heat up all the remaining pieces and pop together. head, hands, arms, legs to torso. Glue the torso together. Only painting is left. Make sure you are happy with shoulder movement before gluing. More dremiling may be needed to socket.

**** The upper thighs/hips pieces may need sanded some at top to improve movement, users choice*****

**** Do not force parts, they will break/tear. If force is needed, dremil more. Do not have soft plastic stretched when assembled, it will tear over time. Dremil more. You really want clean fits to ensure longevity of the figure and best articulation possible.****

I will do my best to answer any/all questions the best I can. Don't hesitate to ask, no question is dumb.

Last edited:

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Can I get mine pre-assembled?

Does that come with or without a butt screw?

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Can I get mine pre-assembled?

Does that come with or without a butt screw?

Sry, They are going out loose. I'm sure you could find someone to assemble them for you. Your not up to it? Don't let the Tutorial fool you. It seems overwhelming but it is quite easy. Just tedious.

Butt screw definitely requires a dremil or an Eddie.

Thanks Keenan

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Actually, I spoke with DW and he's got no problem with replacement parts if necessary, but I've tasked myself with fielding all the emails/PMs on that subject. I'll post up something more official with my contact information after I mail out the bulk of all the figures to their respective destinations next week.

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
Started work on this yesterday. It was deceptively easy at first; the arms are pissing me off.

It might be easier to use styrene rod if you're having trouble with the shoulder pins. I used that to fix my legs and green stuffed over it.

I should have mine finished by the end of the year...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They're shooting for October, I believe. It's gonna be better than this one. Rotary wing, bitches!

HeelJoe

Is singin' in Acid Rain
Jan 23, 2013
Midlands - UK
Mine are being painted by an expert artist after careful and pain staking assembling so should have then in hand early Sept. They'll go well with my Hemtt Gun Truck :D