Footloose is coming!

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
I got my figures in the mail today. The Club never sent me a tracking number or any email that the item had shipped so it was a complete surprise to see them today.

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
What condition did they come it? Some people are reporting some banged up and warped cards. I'm not really a MOC collector, but if I shelled out good money on a carded figure, I would think a "Collector's Club" would have more care in having them arrive in good condition.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
What condition did they come it? Some people are reporting some banged up and warped cards. I'm not really a MOC collector, but if I shelled out good money on a carded figure, I would think a "Collector's Club" would have more care in having them arrive in good condition.

The box it came in was smashed all to hell with nothing to help support it, but the figure's card is undamaged.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011

HA! We all know if you want them to care it costs extra. :D

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
One would think that, out of the $20 of pure profit they get for selling a signed carded figure, they'd throw in a 50-cent star case, let alone 20 cents worth of packing materials.

I really get no joy out of picking on the club, but damn, why do they continually make themselves such an easy target?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Well, I may or may not be getting one of my Footleese today. The "estimated delivery date" says today, yet there have been zero check-ins since it was picked up in Texas.

And my second shipment says that the PO just received shipping info today, although I got the shipping notification 2 days ago.

With the stellar combined efforts of the Club and the USPS, it's amazing that anything ever arrives from the GIJCC.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
The club is gonna end up being the straw that breaks the camels back for me...the more this stuff happens, the more I want to be done collecting Joes altogether...they've taken the fun right out of it COMPLETELY...

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Of course it does! They charge extra for packing peanuts don't they? :talktothehand: Penny pinching bastards. I bet the FSS figures get the same treatment. :mad:

Don't forget, they had special boxes made for it. That is how committed they are to giving you all the best experience the club has to offer. :thumbsup:

Thing is, each person that gives those douches money is one more reason they still have the license. Only way to deal with them is to talk with the wallet.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Aaaaaaand? Did they arrive unhurt?

I just got my shipping notice yesterday, but at least I got that much.

All the delays meant that they went on sale last week while I was on vacation, and I was stuck in a horrible hotel with no internet. Do you know how hard it is to navigate the maze of FunPub web nonsense on your smartphone?! So given all that, I feel fortunate that I was even able to place an order at all...

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
My first order arrived. Box wasn't crushed, but the carded figure is all dented to hell.

Why? Because I paid $2 ($1 each) to have the fucking figures bubble wrapped EACH.

They came wrapped together, with the loose figure crammed against the carded figure, denting him into the card. Then, they were both wrapped in two big sheets of bubble wrap. With a big wad of paper crammed into the end.

Had they wrapped both individually, and not crammed in the extra fucking paper, both would have arrived fine. Absolute fucking dipshits.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Yeah, I didn't pay for bubble wrap and mine look fine.

I almost didn't waste the extra money. But I figured if you paid to have 2 items wrapped in bubble wrap, that they'd wrap each item. Hell, even the fucktards st Ross are taught to wrap items individually.

Also, if they'd just placed the cards against each other, instead of wrapping the loose figure FACE DOWN against the other card, it wouldn't have dented it, either.

I swear, their incompetence knows no bounds.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
"Already"? Ha, people were spending $150-$200 after Joecon. I'm surprised he's actually down to $100...

I guess I never checked out their price after the Con. I just thought it was amusing that people are spending that much on these figures when they were just easily available for purchase at "retail" price.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
The problem is that people are not sure. The club is so inconsistent from year to year. The people that thought they'd buy carded DT from the club at a later date last year... they got left out. And after all the website and cc problems the club has had this year, no one was sure there would ever be anything available from the club post-con. Carded DT's from last year are selling about $225 on average.

Counting on the club to come through or do what they say is often a fool's bet, so I'm not surprised that some people decided not to gamble and risk getting left out or paying even higher prices.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
It makes me want to sell off 2 of my 3 figures, don't need to have 3 of them anyway...

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
"Already"? Ha, people were spending $150-$200 after Joecon. I'm surprised he's actually down to $100...

There were a couple unsigned carded FL at the Canadian Joe Con asking for $200 each.

Got my carded FL in the mail yesterday. I'm always willing to give the Club credit when it's due (as infrequently as that sometimes is)...it arrived in pristine condition. The card was wrapped with several layers of packing paper, and the box itself was packed with more paper to prevent the card from shifting around inside. A careful and thoughtful packing job.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
There were a couple unsigned carded FL at the Canadian Joe Con asking for $200 each.

Got my carded FL in the mail yesterday. I'm always willing to give the Club credit when it's due (as infrequently as that sometimes is)...it arrived in pristine condition. The card was wrapped with several layers of packing paper, and the box itself was packed with more paper to prevent the card from shifting around inside. A careful and thoughtful packing job.

Yeah, but that just shows their incompetence elsewhere. I don't give them any credit. There's no reason that in paying extra for better care that mine came fucked up due to stupidity.

Glad yours came in good condition, though.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I got my 2 figs today and they arrived in MINT condition.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It's funny...it's like they f*@#ed up your figures outta spite MR..."oh yeah, this pussy wants me to take extra time to wrap his sh!t?...I'll show him!"

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
It's funny...it's like they f*@#ed up your figures outta spite MR..."oh yeah, this pussy wants me to take extra time to wrap his sh!t?...I'll show him!"

It's funny you mention that, my second one showed up wrapped face-up, with the card against it. So the dented one would be Eddie's, not mine! ;)

The card itself still had a slight cut/tear in it, though, so I didn't get a mint card out of either order. But I don't think it was from packing this time.

Except there was only one sheet of bubblewrap... Not exactly sure where my $2 worth of wrap went, but I'm emailing them about this, however petty it is. At $70 for 2 four-inch figures, and with $2 additional paid to extra packaging, this is ridiculous.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
So the dented one would be Eddie's, not mine! ;).

I knew that on Saturday :D

And I'd complain too...I mean, if you cheaped out and it got messed up, hey, that's on you...but you paid extra to avoid that from happening, so you should "get what you pay for" at the very least...

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
My Footloose that a friend ordered for me showed up today. Nice figure overall.