G.I. Joe Classified Series (1:12)

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Good thing I am not all that interested in him. Still hoping for a main line Viper though. Still waiting for my Flint, LJ and Cobra Trooper that are pre-ordered too. I'd probably pick up a Firefly if I see one for something less than 2x retail. At least the exclusives/scalping/price gouging is keeping me from overbuying this time. My 25th Joes got a little out of hand... :p

Last edited:

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Well, just suffered through a 4 hour hasbro fan event, and there was no mention of Bludd, just SE Movie figs.

The Scarlett movie fig looks pretty good, probably better than her main release because the head sculpt is attractive. SE is just ok, as I still struggle with him being changed into a dark-haired asian dude. Baroness and SS look pretty meh, just typical movie figs that look too much like an actor, less like a character. Then there is a new asian girl ninja "Akiko" who is basically the Joe version of Last Skywalker's "Rose". No doubt she'll be revealed to be SS's cousin at some point, aka Jinx (whose file card name was never revealed in classic ARAH lore). Yawn.

Trying to morph these characters into real-world people just doesn't translate. I'm more disappointed than I expected to be.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I just got the notice of these from BBTS and EE, and, yeah, I‘m not ready to replace SE or Scarlett, or to add that (boring) SS, Baroness or whoever-that-Asian-girl-is. That Scarlett’s outfit looks more like movie LJ’s. She’s not bad, but the current Scarlett is a better tribute to the original IMO. Maybe I’ll change my mind when/if I see her in person. But overall, these are incredibly underwhelming, and I hope they didn’t make too many or supplant any better figs to release them.