G.I.*JOE Renegades discussion

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
this past episode when Zartan become Zartan was awesome!...his updated look was really nice...even gave him his eye darkening, although HOW they did it was cheesy...

my fave part though was seeing Wild Bill show up...his updated look was, i think, my favorite so far in this entire series...

plus, this episode was just action packed and not some boring story about helping some dumb ole townies

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I only caught parts of it, but i do like the concept of the chameleon suit.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I'll be interested to see if they do something with sunlight like they did in the original cartoon or if this suit is just a new concept.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The original Zartan was a homosexual vampire that turned blue instead of sparkled in the sunlight.

Worst character ever!

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
You're killing me. We need a laughing smiley.

Zartan was a big ol' turd pusher that was an interesting concept but they just made him "magical" pretty much. Was there ever any explanation of how he got his magical powers or did he just rub fairy dust all over himself and become a shape shifter?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
i'm not sure they ever explained it in the toon...

i liked Zarana though...at least she put on masks, wigs and such...

funny, the ARAH Zartan toy came with masks...

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mandingo Rex said:
Yeah, I like the way they handled Zartan so far. I miss the accent, especially with the Dreadnoks in general, but that's the only thing.

With some characters, they've handled them pretty well. Wild Bill was another great addition today. Even liked the silly bull horns on the front of his chopper.

Now, Jinx couldn't have been handled worse. She's the worst character besides Mindbender, Jr. I couldn't stand one whiny-ass scene with her.

i miss Zartans accent too...funny they left it off since they've given everyone else (cept stupid a$$ whiney teen brat Mindbender) thier accent...

the horns on his choppah were cool...i kept really hoping they'd say something like "Dragonfly going down"...

Jinx, yeah, just horrible...thats about all that needs to be said

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I saw about 5 minutes of it, mostly Zartan getting the suit or whatever. Lady Jaye looks pretty good by this 'toon's standards, though she seems to be only for "damsel in distress" duty so far... WB looks cool. Didn't see Jinx.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Jinx isn't a team member. She's a smartass 14 year old that lives at SE's cabin safehouse.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
You're killing me. We need a laughing smiley.

Zartan was a big ol' turd pusher that was an interesting concept but they just made him "magical" pretty much. Was there ever any explanation of how he got his magical powers or did he just rub fairy dust all over himself and become a shape shifter?

Well, in the comics it was holographics he was using. Nothing about sunlight there either.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
i'm not sure they ever explained it in the toon...

i liked Zarana though...at least she put on masks, wigs and such...

funny, the ARAH Zartan toy came with masks...

Zartan wore masks and shit in the cartoon as well. Remember the whole "What is on Zartan's head?" thread at HT? In earlier episodes of the series the animators drew his hood as hair, so when he'd yank off a mask, he'd be wearing the "hood" (hair) underneath and there'd be individual wisps of hair as well. Clearly, the animators treated it as hair. Plus, who in the shit would wear a hood underneath a mask?

See?

http://www.joetoonarchive.com/displayimage.php?album=8&pos=25

Last edited:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
i miss Zartans accent too...funny they left it off since they've given everyone else (cept stupid a$$ whiney teen brat Mindbender) thier accent...

the horns on his choppah were cool...i kept really hoping they'd say something like "Dragonfly going down"...

Jinx, yeah, just horrible...thats about all that needs to be said

And I like how you "quoted" me from our social group. Haha. I was like, "Wait, I didn't post in this thread."

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Well we'll see if Renegades even comes back. It's creating chaos since there was a report that it is not on the schedule for next year. I'm going to get some pop corn for this one. The nerd rage is strong in this one.....

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
And I like how you "quoted" me from our social group. Haha. I was like, "Wait, I didn't post in this thread."

lol...MBs panties were getting all bunched up about us talking about it in there...so i just moved our discussioin :D

and as much as i'm meh about Renegades, i'll be sad to see it not return...not because i'm enjoying it so much, but because it has potential that has the possibilty of being developed...i guess i'd be sad for the hope being lost that it could get better...and after that last GOOD episode, i was starting to think my hopes were coming to fruition...

i hope it wasn't the f*@#ing Joe sequel (that will never see the light of day) that killed a Joe toon...AGAIN...bets on the Renegades toys NEVER showing up?

Last edited:

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I don't wear panties. Hell, if it was ok I wouldn't wear pants at all! We don't need rational discussion in there. Duh, winning!

If it does get canceled at least we'll see the ROSS sighting thread get active again. GI Joe just doesn't have much direction right now. They don't know what they want to do with it and are just throwing ideas out there and gambling. That movie really messed things up I feel. Overproduction of toys and too much went on clearance.

The story was getting pretty good at least in the aspect of them developing characters. If they cancel it that could be it. I would not expect too much more product after that. I would not be surprised if GI Joe was online only eventually. Smaller areas like mine barely have any places that will carry it.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
i really don't want to see things go the ROSS route...we don't have 'em here!...and even when stuff was showing up at Marshalls, they weren't showing up here...so my only choice is getting f*@#ed on ebay...

i do feel vindicted, even though at the cost of Joe, that the movie caused all this...theres no dening that...i, along with many others were saying this before RoC ever hit theatres...

Sommers killed GIJoe?

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Well generaljoes has some more recent information up about it. Kind of looks like they will do a later start for the show. Funny how they wait to put information like that up. What's wrong with them? We need paranoia!!

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Who knows what will happen honestly. Hasbro has no clue so none of us should. All canceling things will do is save me money.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
If they cancel the TV series, they should at least try and get some money from the fans. Although I'm in that selfish boat of wanting 25th and POC-ish stuff, I also don't want to see the brand die.

But instead of reinventing the canon every year or 2, part of me hopes that Renegades can stick long enough to establish something. Shit, even with Transformers, they keep reinventing the wheel time and again. Stick to the same fucking timeline for more than 2 seasons, just to humor folks.

I swear, focus groups are going to be the end of life as we know it before 20 years is up.

xhairs

odd man out !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 15, 2011
blasdell ny
photobucket.com
now this is funny as shit way to go hasblow lmao
“…we’re very pleased with the performance of G.I. JOE RENEGADES on The Hub. The series will go on hiatus at the end of season one while the second installment of the G.I. Joe movie franchise is being produced so Hasbro and Hasbro Studios can ensure the creative and storyline continuity that fans of the films and the series expect. We’ll have original episodes into the summer and we envision resuming new animation following the movie.â€￾

It seems very strange for a network to put a show that is doing well on hold, and the reason they give as to why it is being placed on hold doesn't seem to hold much water either. Especially when you consider that the movie franchise for Transformers, which is another Hasbro property, doesn't seem to be causing the Transformers Prime animated series to go on hiatus. Transformers Prime also airs on the Hub.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Joe just needs to rally around an actual form of media. (I think MB said it) They need to use the success of Transformers movies as a Blueprint imo. Who cares if it sucks or what nerd rage comes from it. At least they might give it a bigger budget... Look at Transformers Fans sat through mostly crappy movie toys and they have been getting some killer Classic designs now and even an awesome video game!

Renegades is not a bad.. So, it's not Resolute who cares. Though Resolute was good it's dead we need to move on. Hasbro should have used this as a leaning experience (resolute). Get Somebody that does not know a Damn thing about G.I. Joe and let him go nuts. Hell use some comic writes like Garth Ennis. Make it Like Clone Wars movie than expand into series. Let Cobra Win in the movie that would be a real fucking shocker.

“…we’re very pleased with the performance of G.I. JOE RENEGADES on The Hub. The series will go on hiatus at the end of season one while the second installment of the G.I. Joe movie franchise is being produced so Hasbro and Hasbro Studios can ensure the creative and storyline continuity that fans of the films and the series expect. We’ll have original episodes into the summer and we envision resuming new animation following the movie.â€￾

It seems very strange for a network to put a show that is doing well on hold, and the reason they give as to why it is being placed on hold doesn't seem to hold much water either. Especially when you consider that the movie franchise for Transformers, which is another Hasbro property, doesn't seem to be causing the Transformers Prime animated series to go on hiatus. Transformers Prime also airs on the Hub.

Unfortunately for GI Joe their movie barely made the cut had it not been for merchandising, foreign market sales, and cable rights distribution. Transformers doesn't have those worries. They are extremely high grossing films, not to mention the added benefit of all the ancillary deals i mentioned above. Hasbro believes they need to take things very carefully with GI joe since it's 100% their original protect.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

*250 kg bomb whistle*

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hasbro said:
…we’re very pleased with the performance of G.I. JOE RENEGADES on The Hub. The series will go on hiatus at the end of season one while the second installment of the G.I. Joe movie franchise is being produced so Hasbro and Hasbro Studios can ensure the creative and storyline continuity that fans of the films and the series expect. We’ll have original episodes into the summer and we envision resuming new animation following the movie.

ya know what this says to me...neither the sequel OR Renegades will be back...

you know what it says to HT members?..."we must support the movie so they'll bring back Renegades!"

Or they could kill off superm............ I mean SE.

lol...so true...i'd LOVE to see him go...either that or be a normal freaking HUMAN...

snakeling

not an actual member
Mar 15, 2011
ya know what this says to me...neither the sequel OR Renegades will be back...

lol...so true...i'd LOVE to see him go...either that or be a normal freaking HUMAN...

I'm Ok with you first statement and its always fun to find new SE h8ters. Hate is a strong word here but I hope no one takes me for some drooling ninja fan. Thats why I have the new avatar that says it all. It doesn't matter what "mystical skills" he has he is just as vulnerable as the next human being really. And all the comic fans know that as much of a badass as he is he is powerless over the poon. lol