Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
What?! PROPER ENGLISH PLEASE!

Not all of us reside in Detroit like you!

Maybe "seen" the TF movies? I liked the first one, 2nd one was god awful, the 3rd was passable. I think Michael Bay would make GI JOE interesting.. like someone said, lots of explosions and hot chicks, lots of cool military hardware. He'd probably even keep Roadblock as a rhyming cook.. cause he seems to like adding in those stereotypes..

Pfft, remember the coonformers? Bay would have Roadblock swiggin' purple drank and eating watermelon. Let us not entertain the thought of Bay and black characters. It won't end well!

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(

Not all of us reside in Detroit like you!.

Haha!...I clearly do not like proofreading...

I see your points about Bay doing Joe, but he's such an unbelievable arrogant cocky a$$hole that he'd make ridiculous changes thinking they were better...his version would be worse than Sommers, where the only thing the movie had in common with the sorce material were the names and the title...

Take Bays TMNT remake...the turtles are aliens! (supposedly)

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Haha!...I clearly do not like proofreading...

I see your points about Bay doing Joe, but he's such an unbelievable arrogant cocky a$$hole that he'd make ridiculous changes thinking they were better...his version would be worse than Sommers, where the only thing the movie had in common with the sorce material were the names and the title...

CC's brain would be encased in a cyborg shell only a impressionist artist would get.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I dunno.. the Sommers version was about as far removed from the source material as you can get... CAPTAIN DUKE? WTF! His damn original file card made it explicitly clear he turned down an Officers commission.. grr. For some reason that charge above the others still sticks in my craw.

But generally I'm not an ARAH fag, and I do believe there are improvements to be made to the Hamaverse, and wouldn't mind seeing some deviations.. though you HT-like minded fools think it's sacrilegious lol

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011

Not all of us reside in Detroit like you!

Maybe "seen" the TF movies? I liked the first one, 2nd one was god awful, the 3rd was passable. I think Michael Bay would make GI JOE interesting.. like someone said, lots of explosions and hot chicks, lots of cool military hardware. He'd probably even keep Roadblock as a rhyming cook.. cause he seems to like adding in those stereotypes..

Michael Bay would turn the Cobras into aliens (outer space not illegals) and the Joes into a mutant fighting force, then turn around and get Megan Fox to play Scarlett, Lady Jaye, and Cover Girl using really shitty CGI.

But generally I'm not an ARAH fag, and I do believe there is improvements to be made to the Hamaverse, and wouldn't mind seeing some deviations.. though you HT-like minded fools think it's sacrilegious lol

Herein lies that problem. GI Joe we know probably should just be scrapped in favor of a completely new GI Joe. New characters, new enemies, etc. Find a version that will appeal to kids today. And then run with it. Cartoon, online games, console games, toyline, etc. Then if it / when it takes off, throw us old bastards a bone and release a legacy line.

Everyone can say well Hasbro did it once with the 12" Joes down to the 3.75" line in the 80's and it worked. It worked because it had the cartoon, the comics, the toys, etc, all in essentially the same universe. What it didn't have was a bunch of 12" line fanboys bitching on the interwebz about how Hasbro is killing their childhood with these little pieces of plastic and that the 3.75" figs aren't really GI Joes...as long as the unintended target market is buying and influencing what's being made and the universe of GI Joe, it will be a struggle for the brand to take off and be huge, killer movie with the Rock or not.

Last edited:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Michael Bay would turn the Cobras into aliens (outer space not illegals) and the Joes into a mutant fighting force, then turn around and get Megan Fox to play Scarlett, Lady Jaye, and Cover Girl using really shitty CGI.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Apparently, there's a super secret 30 second clip after the credits that isn't being shown until after the official release date of the movie.

How much you wanna bet? Duke lives.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I dunno.. the Sommers version was about as far removed from the source material as you can get... CAPTAIN DUKE? WTF! His damn original file card made it explicitly clear he turned down an Officers commission.. grr. For some reason that charge above the others still sticks in my craw.

But generally I'm not an ARAH fag, and I do believe there are improvements to be made to the Hamaverse, and wouldn't mind seeing some deviations.. though you HT-like minded fools think it's sacrilegious lol

Heck no!...I'd love it if they changed it FOR THE BETTER...what Sommers did and what Bay would do are not for the better...

What I would like to see is for them to stop pandering to kids for pushing toys sake and make a f*@#ing awesome R rated gritty military movie based on GIJOE, not a SciFi movie...

The good thing is, that it looks like the new film moved towards the right direction...though still not exactly what I'd like to see due to WAY too much ninja balogne, it's better...that can be seen from trailers alone...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Duke in a bacta tank setting up Venomous Maximus in the third movie, G.I. Joe: Rediculousness!

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
What I would like to see is for them to stop pandering to kids for pushing toys sake and make a f*@#ing awesome R rated gritty military movie based on GIJOE, not a SciFi movie...

As I've said before, then it wouldn't be GI Joe.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
They made batman more realistic and he's still batman...

And they managed a PG-13 out of it, but more importantly, there aren't many Christopher Nolans out there.

Apparently, there's a super secret 30 second clip after the credits that isn't being shown until after the official release date of the movie.

How much you wanna bet? Duke lives.

How much you wanna bet the Joes are sitting around a destroyed London cafe eating fish and chips? Or it's just a recreated PSA.

Last edited:

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
They made batman more realistic and he's still batman...

But there aren't real vigilantes dressed as batman that people want the fictional batman to be like. You make it serious military, then you have to axe characters like sci-fi, take away the individualistic uniforms, weaponry, specialized characters leaving only rangers, seals, and marines. You just end up with a generic special forces movie that emulates JSOC.

In essence, you want to completely ignore what made GI Joe, make a realistic special forces movie, and title it GI Joe.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I dunno.. the Sommers version was about as far removed from the source material as you can get... CAPTAIN DUKE? WTF! His damn original file card made it explicitly clear he turned down an Officers commission.. grr. For some reason that change above the others still sticks in my craw.

That bugged the shit out of me too! ARRRGGGHHH!

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
But there aren't real vigilantes dressed as batman that people want the fictional batman to be like. You make it serious military, then you have to axe characters like sci-fi, take away the individualistic uniforms, weaponry, specialized characters leaving only rangers, seals, and marines. You just end up with a generic special forces movie that emulates JSOC.

In essence, you want to completely ignore what made GI Joe, make a realistic special forces movie, and title it GI Joe.

Batman is an international icon whose recognition is almost universal, with 70+ years worth of wildly varied interpretations. GI Joe ain't even close.

Sigh...you guys just don't get me

Psycho Joe Guy

Enlisted
Mar 5, 2013
Everyone can say well Hasbro did it once with the 12" Joes down to the 3.75" line in the 80's and it worked. It worked because it had the cartoon, the comics, the toys, etc, all in essentially the same universe. What it didn't have was a bunch of 12" line fanboys bitching on the interwebz about how Hasbro is killing their childhood with these little pieces of plastic and that the 3.75" figs aren't really GI Joes...as long as the unintended target market is buying and influencing what's being made and the universe of GI Joe, it will be a struggle for the brand to take off and be huge, killer movie with the Rock or not.

Unlike the late 70's/early 80s, it IS the collector crowd buying the toys and keeping the brand afloat. EVERY SINGLE ONE of Hasbro's attempts to reach 'tha kidz' has failed and if Hasbro wants to sell GI Joe product, it's going to be to folks that grew up in the 80's.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
This was kind of an interesting part in a Huffington interview of Chu. While the tank is running with him mentioning Bludd (which the interviewer did). I thought this was an interesting part.

"I always loved the love story between Scarlett and Snake Eyes as well. To me, that was an epic story and how do you do that? Because the last movie created this whole thing about Marlon Wayans and Scarlett. And we had some ideas. Maybe some of these are code names? The Joe code names? Maybe Baroness is a rank, not a person, necessarily. There are plenty of ways ... to get those stories back in. Because I definitely love those stories because they are so rich, and it would be a shame to just abandon them or forget about them just because they ended up in a movie I was not a part of. We are definitely brainstorming ideas on how to get around things like that."

Particularly in the treatment of code names and ranks I found interesting. Somewhere, I posted about a year ago about how they should just have someone different play the Baroness in each installment and just kill her in some ridiculous fashion each time.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Well since she's obviously not in this movie, and they apparently kill off Duke.. hopefully that only quasi-leaves Cobra Commander as the last part of that stupid triangle. I can see them just never referencing that again and be able to move forward.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Limited showings tomorrow night. Most were 3D. I got the latest showing possible for non 3D.