Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Just got back from the movie. I enjoyed it. It is 9 million times better than RoC. It truly does feel like a G.I.Joe Movie. Things could have been better in several areas but they really did get the feel of Joe. Firefly and Lady Jaye were the highlights of the movie. Snake Eyes felt out of place most of the time and had a smaller role than I expected. Pretty much everything you see of him was shown in the trailers. I enjoyed that.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Many scenes were cut that have been shown online or in trailers. That explains the short running time. I could spoiler this bitch up but I'll save that for our Official review coming from Med in a few days.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
They showed some of the cut scenes after the movie. For instance:

SPOILER
kinda

The shot of SE and RB shooting at a Cobra Helo with CC hanging out shooting back was not in the movie and the bar scene with all the joes hanging out wasn't in it.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Was there really some big after credits scene?

And please, just tell us, spoiler or not...does Duke die and stay dead?

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Just some scenes before all the credits really start rolling. Duke Spoiler Below

He dies in the first half hour of the movie saving Flint. You never actually see his body. You see dead joe bodies but never actually see his face so.... he could be alive I guess. The movie referenced him being dead several times so he is "dead".

The funny thing is.... he's actually pretty decent in this film LOL. So either the script and directing was horrible in RoC(which we already know it was) or he's gotten better as a actor. Based on his short performance in this movie as Duke.... I wouldn't had mind if they had kept him alive and active in the movie. Him and the Rock worked together very well.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
SPOILER below

I agree with Duke. For a second I thought the Rock pulled the dogTags off of Duke's body, but you couldn't see the face. Later Rock dumps a pile of Dog Tags onto Coltons desk showing they are all dead, Rock also says in a scene, we will kill whoever killed Duke. (not in those exact words but uses the word Kill)

And for those who were worried about the Ninjas. It isn't really that much of the movie.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Help me okay with Taintum...does he speak respectably or does he still have that ghetto voice/accent?...it's so difficult for me to take a thug seriously as a military officer

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
He speaks just like he did in 21 Jumpstreet. More funny to his voice this time and less ghetto. The first scene with the Rock seemed forced, but after that, those two were fun on screen for the few other scenes.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It means Tatertot's dude sweat will appear to fly from the screen to drench all the ladies and down-low dudes in the audience!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm convinced they'll Serpentor or Venemous Maximus him for 3.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
My 2 sons and I are planning on seeing it in 3D tonight and then we are all going again tomorrow with the wife to see it in 2D. :D

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I'm convinced they'll Serpentor or Venemous Maximus him for 3.

If they keep Chu on board I really don't think so. I think he's setting the team up to be lead by Flint for a 3rd one. RB has this not wanting to be promoted thing going on and I see Flint leapfrogging him to take the lead with a slew of new recruits for the 3rd movie which could literally be anybody.

Tapper

suck it up cupcake!!!!
May 19, 2012
Yes! But that was after the huge movies. A successful Joe Movie(really big like 500 million big) can only do great things for the brand. Sure some ARAH F.A.G.s will be mad cuz Flint isn't wearing a beret or whatever and M.U.T.'s will be mad cuz it's to sci fi etc but the Toy lines will be much more active IMO.

What are M.U.T.'s??? Saw the movie tonight with my son. Finally a good Joe movie. I feel like I got my money's worth.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
What are M.U.T.'s??? Saw the movie tonight with my son. Finally a good Joe movie. I feel like I got my money's worth.

hahaha. Inside joke. We have a few members who love ARAH accurate updates from Hasbro that are called ARAH F.A.G.'s. Famously Abused Group. Then we a few members who only want Modern accurate soldiers who are called M.U.T. Modern Update Tranny's.

It's just a fun way to talk trash to each other and bust balls :D

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
If they keep Chu on board I really don't think so. I think he's setting the team up to be lead by Flint for a 3rd one. RB has this not wanting to be promoted thing going on and I see Flint leapfrogging him to take the lead with a slew of new recruits for the 3rd movie which could literally be anybody.

I haven't seen it but I could see that just so they can move him to the background more like Quaid. The early reviews have all ripped DJ and Adrianne apart. I don't see them completely moving them out of the picture but I can see them giving them more background roles and bringing in a new Scarlet.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I haven't seen it but I could see that just so they can move him to the background more like Quaid. The early reviews have all ripped DJ and Adrianne apart. I don't see them completely moving them out of the picture but I can see them giving them more background roles and bringing in a new Scarlet.

I enjoyed Flint and LJ. Of course I'm comparing them to the cast of the first movie which was awful.

Tapper

suck it up cupcake!!!!
May 19, 2012
hahaha. Inside joke. We have a few members who love ARAH accurate updates from Hasbro that are called ARAH F.A.G.'s. Famously Abused Group. Then we a few members who only want Modern accurate soldiers who are called M.U.T. Modern Update Tranny's.

It's just a fun way to talk trash to each other and bust balls :D

I'm slowly picking up all this fancy lingo. Thanks.

Fled74

Opinionated Arsehole
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
HobbyStop.webs.com
I admit I was in a shitty mood this morning due to how poorly my banner entry is performing, but then I watched the movie and instantly felt better. Loved it!

I noticed that Cobra Commander without his mask on still looked a helluva lot like Joseph Gordon Levitt.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
My 2 sons and I are planning on seeing it in 3D tonight and then we are all going again tomorrow with the wife to see it in 2D. :D

Well - if anyone wonders...The Slaymakers LOVED IT! My 1st 3D movie ever...seriously sweet! Lots of nods to different Joe genres...Sigma6, Adventure Team, ARAH... Sorta let down there was nothing hinting at Joe 3 after the credits...

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The short of it, for me...

The movie as a whole, pretty dang good....a bazillion times better than RoC...

Rza...good. Gawd...he was HORRIBLE!!...the dojo scenes with him were horrific...

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It was crazy...there was a scene with all the ninjas in the dojo...Rza talked/"acted" and then SS did...the contrast between the acting was astounding...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The short of it, for me...

The movie as a whole, pretty dang good....a bazillion times better than RoC...

Rza...good. Gawd...he was HORRIBLE!!...the dojo scenes with him were horrific...

So what you're saying is he should have had a role the size of the one he had in Ghost Dog?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It's essentially a small cameo. I don't think he has more than a line of dialog.

Did he even audition, or is he pals with someone in casting?