Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Hopefully the next movie will have that huge epic battle that I want to see so bad. I mean, Retaliation had some ok fights, the ninja mountain chase being the best, but I still want to see that open field with all the HISS and MOBATs, VAMPS, Stingers, Sky Strikers, Rattlers, etc just going at it like crazy.

Last edited:

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Damn! Strong opening weekend

Well, the downside is its not as strong as RoC but believe or not, it cost a hell of a lot less to make even with the 3d conversion. I think this just tells you how shitty of a director Sommers is.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Well, the downside is its not as strong as RoC but believe or not, it cost a hell of a lot less to make even with the 3d conversion. I think this just tells you how shitty of a director Sommers is.

no doubt LOL.

RoC cost double what this one cost.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
what's even more funny is RoC featured all these international joes to help with international tickets cuz they were afraid that they won't respond well to all American Joes. Retaliation smoked RoC on it's opening international weekend. Granted 3D and The Rock probably had more to do with this but OG H8ers should get a smile off of this :D

Fred Broca

Enlisted
Jun 2, 2012
The Empyrean
what's even more funny is RoC featured all these international joes to help with international tickets cuz they were afraid that they won't respond well to all American Joes. Retaliation smoked RoC on it's opening international weekend. Granted 3D and The Rock probably had more to do with this but OG H8ers should get a smile off of this :D

That was just JOE Stans "capin," for the the needless changes to the source material to in RoC. That was a bullshit argument considering that most are filmed here and have American actors in them. You also have to factor in that damn near all of the "A" list actors are Americans.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011

I'll be honest, the Joe team being international still doesn't bother me and I feel it's actually more of a realistic update to the campy series. I always felt they were there to save the world, not American interests. Whether or not the majority of the characters are Americans is a completely different argument.

Being an international unit would allow them access to stage their operations in damn near every country they choose and allow them to work efficiently.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I'll be honest, the Joe team being international still doesn't bother me and I feel it's actually more of a realistic update to the campy series. I always felt they were there to save the world, not American interests. Whether or not the majority of the characters are Americans is a completely different argument.

Being an international unit would allow them access to stage their operations in damn near every country they choose and allow them to work efficiently.

I get what you're saying. I just can't let go :D

A Real AMERICAN Hero :p

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I get what you're saying. I just can't let go :D

A Real AMERICAN Hero :p

They can be AMERICAN and separate. We have JSOC, they could be the internationally mandated version of it.

Speaking of JSOC, instead of saying they're named after Joe Colton, I kind of wished they would have come up with something like Joint Operations Executive.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I too am glad it made money overseas too, without having to be an international man of mystery force.

If they need to go international, they can partner with ACTION MAN... force or whatever.

I think they did OK with involving other countries in the comic/cartoon run etc. You bring in operatives from different countries as you need them for their knowledge or specialties etc.

It'd be pretty cool to see them work in the October Guard somehow. Though without the USSR that's kinda hard.

I would have liked to see it ended sort of like the recent A-TEAM remake, with a remade "classic" intro. Would have nutted a little right there.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I would have liked to see it ended sort of like the recent A-TEAM remake, with a remade "classic" intro. Would have nutted a little right there.

Concept CC design...delish!

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I wonder if they'll ever go the hooded route since they've pretty firmly established that he needs his breathing thing pretty much all the time.

I mean he COULD have something small under there.. but I dunno.

I'd like to see his armored suit :D

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

Concept CC design...delish!

It looks a lot like Sideshow's CC, which just goes to show that no one has an original thought in their head when it comes to Cobra Commander designs.

Except whoever did RoC CC, and boy did people lose their collective fucking minds when they saw it.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
It was just bad design. And looked nothing like the character they were going for, I don't give a fuck how many folks argue the "they were trying something new" argument. It just wasn't good.

New change that worked? Zartan being some ordinary ass dude. I loved it, and I don't care that it didn't look like the silly ARAH one. That wouldn't have worked on screen.

Firefly even looked pretty cool, although the jacket thing was a tad busy, but it at least gave him personality.

CC and his turtle vipers from ROC? Bleh.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Anything is better than this bullshit:

At this point I'd settle for the chrome dome on a three-piece suit. Anything but the blueberry schmuckery that is usually considered the "ideal" CC.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I'd sketch up something to show what I'd like to see, but I'm lazy and frankly, don't wanna contribute to fan-wank anyways... They'll do whatever they feel, and nobody gives a shit of what I think anyways. ;)

At least the Retaliation one didn't seem so "costume-y" like some movie characters feel when translated from comic to screen.

Like in the X-Men: First Class designs, I loved the new X-Men uniforms. They were blue/yellow but made sense based off the use as jumpsuits, and they were practical material, unlike skin-tight Matrix leather like the first X-films.

But what I didn't like was Magneto's redesigned costume. It was a tad flamboyant at the very end of the film. Yes, very comic-based, but silly with the extra bits added onto it. I much prefer old-man Magneto's cleaner lines over the candy-apple-red costume he got at the end of X:FC.

Of all the Avengers' costumes, Cap just looked silly in some scenes with the mask on. Chris Evans has a pretty square jaw, but he looked like a kid in a Halloween costume in certain scenes. I actually didn't mind it when he took off the mask, because it was less silly that way. For some reason, the Captain America solo film's mask didn't look so goofy.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I prefer the first IDW CC.

I was gonna say I kind of like that one, too.

I'm just tired of blue, buttons down one side of the chest, forearm-length flared cuff gloves, capes and long coats.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I almost can't believe their are people on Hiss Tank that foolishly believe Hasbro is their best buddy and that they're doing them a favor by making any and all G.I. Joe figures available, regardless of quality. What's worst is that some of them are under this delusion that the line will die forever if we don't "show our support" by buying the worst figures in the Retaliation line, wave 1. :rolleyes:

MMorelock66

Isn't a Gijoe fan
Apr 4, 2012
the land of Virginia
I almost can't believe their are people on Hiss Tank that foolishly believe Hasbro is their best buddy and that they're doing them a favor by making any and all G.I. Joe figures available, regardless of quality. What's worst is that some of them are under this delusion that the line will die forever if we don't "show our support" by buying the worst figures in the Retaliation line, wave 1. :rolleyes:

This, this, and more of this
I don't think Gijoe will go anywhere any time soon.

Fred Broca

Enlisted
Jun 2, 2012
The Empyrean
New change that worked? Zartan being some ordinary ass dude. I loved it, and I don't care that it didn't look like the silly ARAH one. That wouldn't have worked on screen.

Co-sign, I didn't mind the re-working of Zartan, as a matter of fact, I felt he should of had a bigger role in RoC. That was second most annoying thing about RoC right after the changes to the source material, the missed opportunities. Since the movie was subtitled, The Rise of Cobra, we should have seen "Corbra Rising." The Twins should have been in it and we should have seen how the Seigies had infiltrated the seats of power in business, politics, science, medicine, the world's military, and academia, with the focus on Zartan becoming the POTUS and C.C. calling the shots. I feel if this track was taken even with the nanomites, the international team, the Duke-Baroness relationship, the sinking ice, and Marlon Wayans, it would made of an interesting and dope movie that all JOE fans would have willing accepted into the JOE mythos.

Firefly even looked pretty cool, although the jacket thing was a tad busy, but it at least gave him personality.

Agreed again, the jacket makes look like and honorary member of this motorcycle gang:

Dude you sound like Colin Cowherd, he was basically echoing the same sentiments in on his radio show the other day, except he was talking about sports fans undying loyalty to their teams on he used "Cub Fan," as an example.

In his analogy he said that Cub Fan is ultimately the team's chances of winning a World Series, because they'll show up to Wrigley no matter what, irregardless of the product that's on the field. This gives the message to Cubs management that they don't have to do shit in regards to improving the team, developing talent and bringing in quality free agents. Cub Fan's fidelity to the team is his undoing because it shows management that they'll make money no matter what. Where as Knick or punk ass Laker Fan will stop showing up if there's an inferior product on the court.

The same with JOE, anybody is foolish to believe that G. I. JOE would go the way of the dodo, quite the opposite. Yesterday, I was watching on Youtube something on why eye glasses cost so much, the number one eye wear company Luxxottica basically has the industry on lock and they bought Rayban. At the time Rayban was cluster fuck of company that was poorly managed, what Luxxocttica did was pull Rayban from the market for about a year and half, then released it as a high brand. Hasbro would do the same with G. I. JOE, they would let ARAH die off, then bring back JOE as something else, kinda like the change from Adventure Team to ARAH and personally I don't think that would be a bad idea.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Zartan was like, the best part of Retaliation. I've already said multiple times, but he was the most fun to watch. Zartan, Firefly, and Cobra Commander were excellent. DJ Shovel Face, not so excellent. Why were Snake-Eyes and Dwayne Johnson the only cool Joes?