G.I. Kre-O, Kre-O, MegaBloks CoD and LEGO discussions

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
Ditto.. I may need to scan wave 2 codes again and see if there are any worth picking up multiples to clear some inventory out. :thumbsup:

Also need to get my loose 1:18 joes I don't care about up and sold so I have space and cash.

I do wonder if they'll ever re-release series 1 as it was a clusterf%$#. I don't NEED any, but could use more blue troops.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Hmmm, I'm surprised these are out so quickly. I'm not going to lie, I'm seriously "over" the hunt for these things. Single retail outlet, only one in a 75 mile radius, cases are always ravaged/empty/picked-over. There's just no joy in it. I'll end up buying a full set off ebay at 2x the price just to save time/gas/energy and lots of disappointment.

The vehicles/sets are easy to get online, as they are obvious and distinguishable. But they don't make any distinction between figures waves online, so when you order the bags, you could be getting anything. Very frustrating.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
Hmmm, I'm surprised these are out so quickly. I'm not going to lie, I'm seriously "over" the hunt for these things. Single retail outlet, only one in a 75 mile radius, cases are always ravaged/empty/picked-over. There's just no joy in it. I'll end up buying a full set off ebay at 2x the price just to save time/gas/energy and lots of disappointment.

The vehicles/sets are easy to get online, as they are obvious and distinguishable. But they don't make any distinction between figures waves online, so when you order the bags, you could be getting anything. Very frustrating.

I buy from TRU.com. usually after the release is more common as to not get the previous wave. I think they OVER made series 2 to offset series 1 deficiency.

As for your TRU problems, I can relate. my closest TRU is an hour away.

You can also order a full case worth, have it sent to store/or picked up if in stock, once you get there see if it's the right series, if not, immediately return it.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Yeah, I suppose if I knew they were shipping w3 I'd just order online. But that's a big "if".

That's what I did for w1, i.e. when I couldn't get the "wrong" one. I ordered about 30, and luckily, I got two of everything, and then beyond that, I got mostly blue shirts and alley vipers. I think I got 5 blues in that batch. Since then, my luck with these has been pretty poor. I've found everything, but it was either a lot of work or I had to overpay.

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
That sucks for you guys, I think I have about 9 TRUs in under an hour driving distance, lol.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
That sucks for you guys, I think I have about 9 TRUs in under an hour driving distance, lol.

when i lived in St. louis, I could hit around 12 targets, 8 TRUs, 25+ walmarts and then various stores like Ross, marshalls, etc.

Movie to the country gets me access to 3 walmarts (1 being the smallest walmart in the fucking country) and then 30 mins away I can hit target, 2 walmarts and a kmart. an hour away nets me more stores.

When moving here, that was actually my Con for moving here. :trollface:

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
Yeah, for a while, I grew up in TX where we had to go about 45 mins for a run down Wal-Mart and an hour and a half to go to the nearest TRU. I remember coming up to Chicago for the summers and it was like toy heaven.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
1) 'Drome is a fall release according to Toyfair

2) I went to TRU this afternoon and found three half-cases of series 2 and an empty box of series 3... so it does exist in the wild. I asked a girl about it, and she checked the computer to tell me they sold out earlier in the day. She indicated that they'd likely get more on wednesday, so I could call back and check.

FYI, the box is olive drab as opposed to the yellow/orange of series 2.

The only new set they had was the outpost defender. I got a couple, although I doubt they'll be rare and I should have waited a week or two until they go on sale.

Last edited:

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
I have a few people here in Iowa who have found all of wave 3...the TRU nearest me only has the Ferret set. (and 3 partial wave 2 cases) I bought one...want at least another...but think they will be easy to get...so saving for when the blind bags hit. No wolverine set here yet either. The 4th COD figure pack (jungle) should be out soon too...

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
After putting together series 3, I am amazed at how close these are to their figure counterparts. I fricken love these! I am also stoked at the other vehicles/playsets coming out, especially the terrordrome.

I am really wondering if they will make the Flagg knowing it's a popular playset, fans have been asking for it, and kre-o is mighty hot right now plus it's a TRU exclusive which makes for a perfect place for such a set. and Hasbro can use LEGO as a guide on how people spend money on sets and know $150-200 sets are not farfetched.

So here's to hoping.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Found most of a case today. Someone had cherry picked the three troop-builders, but I got the rest of them. It doesn't bother me, as I really am far more interested in the named characters, and I'll pick up a few of the troops when the heat dies down.

As I carried off the box, some scruffy-looking scalper came into the isle, looked at me, and remarked to his white-trash girlfriend, "He's taking them all! He's got the whole box!" Then he proceeded to follow me around and finally came up to me three isles away, "Hey, are you going to buy the whole box?!".... "I had planned on it, yes." I replied. He moped and went away.

Then I got out my phone, sorted out the codes, and returned to the isle with a few that I had found in triplicate, along with all of the Atomic Men (wtf). I just handed him a big wad of leftovers and walked away with the box. I enjoyed that immensely.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
no, it's a throw back nod to Older GI JOE figures. they put one in each series.

This must be based on this figure

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Every wave has a nod to the 12 inch figure line...I had to look into Atomic Man as well as I had no clue what it was about. I will have to look - I don't recall which one is in wave 4...

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I knew we'd gotten AT commander and land adventurer, but for some reason I never put this together. But that might explain Ewok's lack of Atomic dudes. Some 60-year-old collector of 12" guys wanted just those and didn't give a rip about ARAH characters...

What a waste of a slot IMO. Even the scalper I gave my leftovers to didn't take the AM's.

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
I too saw a couple leftovers of wave 3... I'll wait till they have a KREO BOGO50% off sale though.

Last edited:

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
I too saw a couple leftovers of wave 3... I'll wait till they have a KREO BOGO50% off sale though.

I heard, and don't quote me on this, that there is no more BoGo 50%. TRU is sticking with 40%. Which is still not too bad. This looks to be legit though since the last LEGO and the current mega blok sales are exactly this.

As for the action man nods, if you think they are worthless, go check out action man kre-o customs on ebay.

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
Yeah, I noticed this trend too, still not bad.. but I'm sure in a year or two, it'll be BOGO 30%.. DOH!