G.I. Kre-O, Kre-O, MegaBloks CoD and LEGO discussions

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Mega‘s big sets were always better than Lego for price and complexity. The Castle Greyskull and hovercraft are easily the bests sets I own even at half the price of my UCS Avengers hovercarrier. Only the UCS Slave I matches design quality, but it still has stickers.

Reactions: nacho

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I still haven't built that hovercraft. The longer it sits sealed in that box, and the higher the secondary prices get, the more I assume I'll never be able to justify opening it.

There is exactly one unopened hovercraft on ebay for under $500... and I can't convince myself that I'll get $500 worth of enjoyment out of it, especially since I have nowhere to put it if I did build it. I'm a little jelly that you opened it before its value became worthy of consideration.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I also got it at half price. It’s definitely the most interactive vehicle that I have owned. Just crewing it and chaining a variety of vehicles to the deck is worth the price of admission.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Nice! MSRP was $199, and according to my email archives, I paid $139, so I definitely don't feel bad about buying it. TRU was always good about putting the big sets on sale pretty regularly.

But knowing what it goes for now, I would feel bad about busting it open just for shits and giggles... Same with the Halo Countdown and NMPD Pelican Air Base, both of which fetch 4x what I paid for them. Don't want to sell them, can't bring myself to open them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Just in case there is anyone like me looking for Mega-scaled pickup trucks, I have found at least one option. Most brick trucks are tiny and would barely hold a lego figure, or they're massive technic-esque behemoths that are hugely out of scale for 1/28-1/32 mega figures.

However, I found this cheap little truck that's roughly the same dimensions (not counting massive fenders, winches, etc) as a halo warthog and the custom Mega VAMP I built a couple of years ago. Mega figures might be a little tight, but I think I can modify these enough to make usable banana-republic cartel or middle eastern technicals out of them. If nothing else, it beats completely starting from scratch. Frontline tangos gotta have wheels too!

Military Series WW2 Mini Wheeled Reconnaissance Armored Vehicle DIY Model Soldier Building Blocks Toys Gifts|Blocks| - AliExpress