G.I. Kre-O, Kre-O, MegaBloks CoD and LEGO discussions

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Received this yesterday from Walmart.com since the brick and mortar stores around me never bothered to carry them. :mad: Very nice, took maybe an hour and a half to build. This is the biggest Mega Construx item I've put together. Only one piece was missing but I had an extra that was close enough.

Now they simply MUST do a group of eggs, Ripley and a power loader, THEY MUST!!

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I decided to add another set of china-bricks to my collection before we give china the heave-ho as a trading partner. 3000pcs.

This one is just too cool, especially with the LED kit. I don't collect Star Wars legos, but I can see my MC Mindbender making this some kind of trap for Joes. I'm a sucker for macguffin devices. As a set piece in an evil lab, it should be pretty great.

1598302384983.png

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
And speaking of macguffin devices, I couldn't resist this guy. Is it a world engine? Is it a giant laser cannon? Does it create a dimensional portal? Only your imagination knows. But again, as a set-piece, it's hard to beat greebly details galore.

1598381256390.png

Reactions: pcsguy88

zodiacflash

Have Gun Will Travel
May 28, 2013
Houston
Does anyone here buy any of Brickmania's stuff? I splurged and picked up two Apollo astronauts for my lunar lander. They got some great military vehicles and figures. I like their Hind, Pave Hawk, and Humvee ambulance. And for a mere $1,365 I can get all three. Or I can spend next to nothing for a shitload of those Chiner bloks and make my own custom stuff. Not sure why Brickmania prices their sets ten times higher than other companies, but they're still in business, so somebody buys them...

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Agreed. It's easy enough to get a blueprint image, overlay it on a brick pattern, and make your own out of cheap bricks from china. They come out better looking, end up being substantially cheaper, and fit the MCX figures... because you designed them to do so. Brickmania is for less-than-capable people with more money than sense.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Now I'm wanting a LEGO style ALIENS APC. The only (ready to buy) ones I can find are from Brickmania, which is now out of stock, and a LEGO Technic version that seems to only be available through Aliexpress.
US $61.12 30% OFF|Buildmoc Compatible technic Aliens APC M557Armored Vehicle Block Set Military World War Army Model Toy For Kids Armored Car|Blocks| - AliExpress

I've never dealt with Aliexpress, and I'm not sure from the description of the bricks are KO's or 3D printed. I also can't tell if it's in scale with mini figures. I'd rather buy a kit than build my own as I have zero experience using the LEGO program and I don't want to taker a chance on ordering a bunch of parts that may or may not work.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I order knock-off legos from Ali all the time. My son got some Ninjago set from china today. But they're 97.6% as good as regular legos at 30% of the price. The only real down side is the 4-8 weeks they typically take to arrive. Slow boat from china indeed.

I ordered the SW Carbon Freeze Chamber from THAT exact seller a couple of weeks ago. It's not here yet, but the ratings for that store are great -- you have to grade Ali sellers on a curve, anything above 96-97% is pretty good. Out of probably 50 orders, I've had a problem with exactly two, and both times Ali gave my money back with little fuss.

I think that set is a scooch large for MCX figures but not much. Technic sets aren't typically designed for minifigs, but MCX figures are larger than lego figs... realistically, you could probably get away with it.

Order, be free of lego's price-fixing, and enjoy. Just don't be in a hurry about it. ;)

Reactions: Dropshipbob

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Thanks for the feedback Nacho. May I ask what a MCX figure is?

In related news, the WM I work at finally received the Mega Construx series with Dutch and Predator.....FOUR MONTHS after their initial release. We also received the Predator/thermal Dutch set posted earlier, which surprised me. I thought it was an online exclusive? And the skulls for the Predator do look like they came from the Scareglow mold. Anyway, I grabbed one of those and an extra single carded Predator. I'm thinking about grabbing a few more to flip as the prices have gone up a bit on the secondary, but I don't know if I want to bother with that.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
" MCX is just the accepted internet shorthand for "Mega Construx". "

D'oh, of course! I should have figured that out.