G.I. Kre-O, Kre-O, MegaBloks CoD and LEGO discussions

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Side note, I did find some of the 2-vs-2 4-packs and newer armory shipping containers at dollar general. They were priced at normal MSRP, but at least they were available. I was happy, as I really wanted the white containers. At some point, I'm going to do a shipping port dio, and that requires a lot of those containers of all various colors.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
N-Nani?!
I'm in that goddamned store seemingly once-a-week, and have never seen the Dane-klocki.
Michael's too. For some reason all the craft and electronics stores started carrying LEGOs around here once TRU went belly up.

Really? DG's here are EVERYWHERE. I have six of them in a 5mi radius of my office.
You can't swing a cat without hitting a DG. I saw like 20 of them on our vacation. Seriously, we were keeping count.
I exist in one of the richest counties in the US, so DGs only reside in the Hispanic, African and trailer sections surrounding me. I see them along the way when driving places, but have only stopped once out in the country when they got those exclusive Joe figures waaaay back when. They look like the equivalent of shopping at Waffle House.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Oh, no doubt, they're aimed at poor and rural communities that don't have a lot of stores close by. We fall into the "rural" part of that equation, not the poor crime-ridden parts. The clientele is definitely a notch below even walmart.

On the plus side, they're usually clean and well-stocked, but yeah, your waffle house analogy isn't too far off. Their toy "dept" is basically what you'd find at Walgreens, minus the 6" Marvel and SW figures. Typically nothing worth seeking out, but as they expand and others stop carrying stuff, they have started getting into $20-and-under lego and Mega sets.

Until this week, I hadn't been in one since the DG Joes era either. But there are a crapload of stores if they start carrying anything good.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
That makes me sad, but I do feel I got my money’s worth. I would love to do the same and build all 4 sides, but honestly I do not have the room now to display mine opened up and space is only getting more precious with the little one on it’s way. My MP collection is being packed up this weekend for a long, cold hibernation in the garage. Never have I wanted a basement more.