G.I. Kre-O, Kre-O, MegaBloks CoD and LEGO discussions

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Side note, I did find some of the 2-vs-2 4-packs and newer armory shipping containers at dollar general. They were priced at normal MSRP, but at least they were available. I was happy, as I really wanted the white containers. At some point, I'm going to do a shipping port dio, and that requires a lot of those containers of all various colors.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Dollar General started upping their toy game around last Christmas. They carry LEGO now, at the very least.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
You can't swing a cat without hitting a DG. I saw like 20 of them on our vacation. Seriously, we were keeping count.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
N-Nani?!
I'm in that goddamned store seemingly once-a-week, and have never seen the Dane-klocki.

Michael's too. For some reason all the craft and electronics stores started carrying LEGOs around here once TRU went belly up.

Really? DG's here are EVERYWHERE. I have six of them in a 5mi radius of my office.
You can't swing a cat without hitting a DG. I saw like 20 of them on our vacation. Seriously, we were keeping count.

I exist in one of the richest counties in the US, so DGs only reside in the Hispanic, African and trailer sections surrounding me. I see them along the way when driving places, but have only stopped once out in the country when they got those exclusive Joe figures waaaay back when. They look like the equivalent of shopping at Waffle House.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Oh, no doubt, they're aimed at poor and rural communities that don't have a lot of stores close by. We fall into the "rural" part of that equation, not the poor crime-ridden parts. The clientele is definitely a notch below even walmart.

On the plus side, they're usually clean and well-stocked, but yeah, your waffle house analogy isn't too far off. Their toy "dept" is basically what you'd find at Walgreens, minus the 6" Marvel and SW figures. Typically nothing worth seeking out, but as they expand and others stop carrying stuff, they have started getting into $20-and-under lego and Mega sets.

Until this week, I hadn't been in one since the DG Joes era either. But there are a crapload of stores if they start carrying anything good.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I have a small bag with a few MegaBloks HALO figure parts (almost two complete figures +)....anyone interested in them? Not looking for anything in return.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
That makes me sad, but I do feel I got my money’s worth. I would love to do the same and build all 4 sides, but honestly I do not have the room now to display mine opened up and space is only getting more precious with the little one on it’s way. My MP collection is being packed up this weekend for a long, cold hibernation in the garage. Never have I wanted a basement more.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
What's even stranger, that dutch figure uses CoD legs but halo-style waist, torso and arms. CoD already had a bare-chested, bare-armed figure, so it's really odd they would frankenstein this figure in such a fashion.

Also, I know the movies are all rated-R, but it's weird that these cute little figures are listed as 16+... as if children are going to grab them and start swearing like a sailor by osmosis.

Last edited:

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
*screams like a girl*

pcs, why won't you see these? Because of the lame distribution the last few non-COD figures have received?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
*screams like a girl*

pcs, why won't you see these? Because of the lame distribution the last few non-COD figures have received?

Pepper your angus, my friend:

Yes, that is a jab at Mega's notoriously shit distribution.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, I've seen the Dragon eggs.

That little Cringer is adorable.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I saw that photo of the ALIEN eggs, but I can't get too excited about those. They will be filled with the same figure that's already been released twice before. I assume the only difference this time is the included "slime" and the figure might be GITD?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I assume there are 4-5 variants, though it's up in there air if any will have new molds.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Second half of '20 is what I've heard. I just saw a rumor that the Alien eggs contain a xeno, a facehugger and a piece of a build-a-figure Queen.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Did you say "build-a-figure queen"??? OH LAWDS!!!! PLEASE be bigger than the warriors and other figures.

faints

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I was at Tuesday Morning just now and they had several sets of the 5-pack MOTU figures for $10.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, that's the rumor, emphasis on rumor. There's a new pick going around, and something in them is being covered up.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Hmmm...I dunno. The area that's covered looks to small to be a queen...unless the queen is the same size as the warriors, which would be really lame. But at least it looks like they will have different colors to choose from, I was worried they would all be white or GITD. AND it looks like they have the improved hands.