G.I. Kre-O, Kre-O, MegaBloks CoD and LEGO discussions

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
I was supposed to go toy hunting yesterday since it's a special trip when doing so, but the in laws bought a bunch of new furniture and we had to help move and re-arrange the old stuff. I mean, it's also good news because we always get their "old" stuff which isn't old or nothing wrong with it, they just get bored with furniture quickly and get new shit.

Wife is off next weekend AND she gets paid this week so I'll make it next saturday, manual labor be damned!

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Custom MH-6

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I literally have a hard on

I really like several of those sets, but... it's pretty sad that the cantina comes with no patrons besides greedo. No bartender, nothing. I would argue that several of those guys should have been in the set, and maybe the band sold as a separate small set or something. The band, han, and greedo does not a cantina make.

And while the AT-AT looks awesome, I'm going to struggle to pay more for it than I paid for the much larger 4" scale BAT-AT...

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
I really like several of those sets, but... it's pretty sad that the cantina comes with no patrons besides greedo. No bartender, nothing. I would argue that several of those guys should have been in the set, and maybe the band sold as a separate small set or something. The band, han, and greedo does not a cantina make.

And while the AT-AT looks awesome, I'm going to struggle to pay more for it than I paid for the much larger 4" scale BAT-AT...

The cantina is actually a re-make of the 1st one that is super hard to find and expensive. I do agree they could have dropped a sandtrooper or 2 and put in Wuher and/or some of the other patrons. Hopefully they do a Mos Eisley set with other buildings and a bunch of the denizens.

The AT-AT is going to be $109.99 so not to bad for it. I have missed everyone in the past and won't this time. In fact, I have a credit card with nothing on it and specifically for these LEGO purchases.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
The cantina is actually a re-make of the 1st one that is super hard to find and expensive. I do agree they could have dropped a sandtrooper or 2 and put in Wuher and/or some of the other patrons. Hopefully they do a Mos Eisley set with other buildings and a bunch of the denizens.

The AT-AT is going to be $109.99 so not to bad for it. I have missed everyone in the past and won't this time. In fact, I have a credit card with nothing on it and specifically for these LEGO purchases.

Ewok...I think I have a sandtrooper or 2 yet and maybe even 1 or 2 dewbacks...I can check and we can include those in our trade agreement. :thumbsup:

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
The old cantina was a room and a doorway, so this is a huge improvement. I agree though, they should have maybe split it up and had an outside with the sandtroopers and speeder and then an inside part with the bar and patrons. I guess, it's cool we get 3 band members. Maybe they'll make smaller sets in the future with another band member and another patron and another part of the bar or something.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
The thing with LEGO, they seem to know what they are doing. rare figure in old set that people want, let's release a new set with that figure. Troop builders that people want (royal guards, imperial gunners) let's make a trooper set for cheap with 2 of each.

I'm hoping they do the same with gamorrean guards and weequays

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
SWEET! Ebay?

EDIT: Found some on there.. those are too cool. I'll have to order some.

Last edited:

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
They are PERFECT for displaying figures. The seller has a website but it's $10 per there, he said he only offers deals on ebay at this time. But next month I'm going to order one of every retro card art and Joe style. there are some comic versions and movie stilsl as some but I don;'t want those.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
Went to the LEGO store yesterday and got me the Ecto-1 set. Also picked up 2 of the 3 new Guardians of the Galaxy sets. Bought a few Friends sets for my wife as well to be able to get 2-$75 orders to get 2 of the free Balloon cart guy.

Was a good day yesterday.

Brickhead

Enlisted
May 9, 2014
Southern Maryland
www.flickr.com
I didn't even know that flame piece you used for his head exists, Ewok. Nice job!

Before I got back into Joes. Before I even realized there were improvements with the line... I made hundreds of these. LEGO, MEGA, Kre-O... but mostly LEGO.

Last edited:

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
I didn't even know that flame piece you used for his head exists, Ewok. Nice job!

Before I got back into Joes. Before I even realized there were improvements with the line... I made hundreds of these. LEGO, MEGA, Kre-O... but mostly LEGO.
i didn't either. When I was looking for a flame piece for the head, I somehow came across this part on brickipedia. Looking it up, it's only in 1 set and that is one of the new Ultra Agents sets. i sort of have a feeling they will be making a Ghost Rider for the super heroes set using this piece, but until then, i'm happy with my work.

As for your stuff, very gundam like and amazing what can be built with some bricks and an imagination.

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
McFarlane is such a dick. I avoided the Walking dead line, but this...this I might actually get into.

I don't know if I like the look of them or not. On the one hand they do look great but on the other, I'm not sure how they're really ''construction'' sets, as it's not like you're going to build anything else but the set, you know?

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
I almost picked up the new Ultra Agents ''entry level'' set - the wheeled jetski thing - but passed for now. I was buying True Heroes/Legends toys and I couldn't bring myself to spend $12 on a LEGO set, even though I know it'll be awesome.

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
Screw the Legends toys, buy LEGO! DO EET!

I'll have to find a new shelf area, though. My LEGO is organized by theme (so my Monster Fighters LEGO is all together, my City has its own layout, etc) and I don't have a shelf space yet for Ultra Agents. I'll have to figure that one out...

Brickhead

Enlisted
May 9, 2014
Southern Maryland
www.flickr.com
As soon as I open a new set I organize all the bricks by shape/size/greeble. I never organize based on sets. Sets are all made with the same bricks. But I do separate my Megablok and Kre-O into their own section. All my figures go together unless they have specific parts I can add as greebles. It makes finding what I need super fast rather than making the classic digging sounds over and over through 1 giant tub full of bricks. You can never find anything fast that way and it is very noisy! Plus every time you see the brick you need it keeps sinking to the bottom!

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
As soon as I open a new set I organize all the bricks by shape/size/greeble. I never organize based on sets. Sets are all made with the same bricks. But I do separate my Megablok and Kre-O into their own section. All my figures go together unless they have specific parts I can add as greebles. It makes finding what I need super fast rather than making the classic digging sounds over and over through 1 giant tub full of bricks. You can never find anything fast that way and it is very noisy! Plus every time you see the brick you need it keeps sinking to the bottom!

Digging through a huge tub making noise is all part of the charm. I even have OCD and dont worry about sorting.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
^^^^ where did you find that??? ^^^^

Is it a custom or a new COD set to come out yet???

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
^^^^ where did you find that??? ^^^^

Is it a custom or a new COD set to come out yet???

Someone found it on this site:
Error 404--Not Found

Looks like it's a Signature series, big and pricey.

The Hovercraft is an amphibious vessel that can venture where no other boat or vehicle can go. It is uniquely equipped to travel across water, mud or even land! This authentic buildable military vessel measures 13.75 wide, 21.5 long, and 11.5 high and is powered by rotating fans and propellers. It features multiple opening compartments like the armory and engine rooms and comes with a chain accessory to anchor other builds to the hull. The Hovercraft has a landing dock that opens and closes, creating a ramp to the mainland for transporting vehicles, personnel, equipment and supplies. It comes with four highly-detailed poseable micro-action figures with interchangeable surveillance accessories. Establish a mobile command post and recreate an epic battle scene! Ideal for ages 16 and up.