G.I. Kre-O, Kre-O, MegaBloks CoD and LEGO discussions

Brickhead

Enlisted
May 9, 2014
Southern Maryland
www.flickr.com
Even though pain-in-the-ass green flys have been getting in the house somehow and buzzing around my head driving me fucking nuts I was able to complete this guy... [][][][][]

Ok well I'm just going to post what I have been working on lately.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I may have to shoehorn that onto a Joe head. Ya know, If I could buy the entire line up until now (for dirt cheap) I might take up minifigures. Some of them are damn cool.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
usually people have sealed cases of 60 on amazon for around $200. You can then turn around and sell the extra packs you don't want for a nice mark up.

I was going to do that this series as I usually don't find them retail until a month after they are released. This time I found them before friends in big cities did.

This series is uber easy to pick out. Each person has a specific thing that is easy to tell. For instance, that pig costume, just feel for the apple that is always at the bottom.

Deslock

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2014
Tennessee
www.darksidealliance.com
I found this to be an absolutely interesting read if you love Lego:

What Happened with LEGO | Reality Prose

Yes, I'll be honest, I have bitched about how much the Lego sets are now, but that article really opened my eyes. That Lego sets aren't really that expensive, but rather the U.S. Dollar is now only really worth about .25 cents, compared to the worth of the U.S. dollar in the 70's/80's, due to inflation. And that the overall cost of Lego pieces has actually gone down. That Lego prices aren't really that bad, it's just that the dollar is worth less now.

And that they aim the better quality sets to us, the adult consumer, whom has more money to spend. That's why you don't see the Lego Death Star/Super Star Destroyer in stores. It's not for kids.

But I am a HUGE yard haunter, and I really want that Lego haunted House, and the Target exclusive Monsters Zombie bride and Groom set, that now goes for outrageous prices on Ebay/Amazon.

Yeah, I'd like those sets. And a man can dream now, can't he ?. ;)

Oh Lego Death Star, how I pine for thee.... LOL !

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
Picked up series 5 of the joe kreo (wave 4 has been found but was basically shipped AFTER wave 5.

Here's wave 5

I am still amazed at how much detail they put into these as well as seem to be doing every vintage figure regardless if they were popular or not. Unlike the action figure line where they are cautious in making the lesser cared for figures.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
here's wave 4 that is still not mass released just yet but can be found if lucky.

I just need a couple more televipers for my terror drome and and I am good with wave 5...then need to see if I can get as lucky with wave 4...

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I found at least one of every figure in W5 and somehow found 4 televipers and 5 techno vipers. My 'Drome will be well-staffed.

I didn't even know that W4 was out yet, so I guess I'll have to be on the lookout.

Ewok, don't be yanking my chain about the codes. Every one I've seen has the same freakin' number. I understand why TRU was tired of having boxes full of the AT leftover figure... but it just means more frustration for the collector. I only got lucky to get one of each and multiples of the troops.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
I meant, I LIKED the codes they used to have but now they removed them, it sucks. These are a pain in the butt to feel up for pieces. the inner plastic gives extra padding so feeling for the smaller parts is a lot harder than it is when dealing with the LEGO mini blind packs.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Reports of wave 4 hitting now...still need to snag a couple more televipers before they run dry then on to wave 4...

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
Picked up series 4 of GI JOE Kre-O yesterday. bought 14 packs and missing only 2. The lack of codes on the side sucks, but at least the variety is ok enough to not get a crapload of the same guy when you buy a bunch.

Only need Zartan and Chuckles. I have some extra wave 4 and 5 if anyone wants to trade.

I am honestly shocked not many on this board collect them being as they are great additions to a Joe collection.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
LEGO lost their patent on the majority of their bricks and quality which is why the Chinese are making higher quality sets.

I bought some Chinese knockoff super heroes and there is very little way to tell the difference except the leg pegs that go into the body. and of course trademark logo.

Looking at the pieces here, these may be some good quality sets for cheap.

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
I grabbed the Bionicle Protector of Jungle this morning. It's a really cool figure with some superb articulation (seriously, it's like playing with a GI Joe...) and it even comes with a ''Gatling'' crossbow that launches studs!