G.I. Kre-O, Kre-O, MegaBloks CoD and LEGO discussions

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa

Finally finished building one of my Christmas presents the other night...this thing is gigantic!!!

Here is a WIP pic with Joes on it for scale

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011

Finally finished building one of my Christmas presents the other night...this thing is gigantic!!!

Here is a WIP pic with Joes on it for scale

One day I hope to import that beast of a set.

How was the build/time/stratisfaction?

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
One day I hope to import that beast of a set.

How was the build/time/stratisfaction?

It was a great build...lots of pieces even had to build the doors and all sorts of details.

I had it laid out on my customizing area for a couple weeks and built when I had time.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
It was a great build...lots of pieces even had to build the doors and all sorts of details.

I had it laid out on my customizing area for a couple weeks and built when I had time.

I wonder what they can do to top that set this year or next?

I did a few customs:

MGSV: Venom Snake

Some MSF/Diamond Dog

These guys need a early GI JOE code name advert. CODE NAME: GOAT-FUCKER, CODE NAME: ACTUALLY MUHAMMAD

Masked villians

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
I'm having some trouble with my hovercraft. As of now, waiting on Mega Bloks to deliver 4 missing pieces.

Another "problem" is the fact that the majority of the pieces are black with the exception of a few dark grey pieces that are hard to distinguish from each other and the instruction books is so damn dark, it's hard to see where exactly the pieces go.

But luckily I have a light up magnifier to help with that aspect.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
the black vs dark gray is an issue. Absolutely...as is the light gray vs silver...both are hard to tell the difference in the instructions...

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I wish I could afford to send one of these COD figures to every member of the board. I can't help but feel half of them would dive in after seeing just how amazing these things are.

I just picked up the SEALS pack and have to say it's the first to disappoint with paint apps on the nvg lens and then a scratched silver goggle lens.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
The Blackhawk is a beast to build. So much so I am holding off on buying the LCAC out of shear laziness. Something about 2700 tiny, similiar colored pieces in un-numbered bags that gives me pause. Once the BH is built, it is worth every penny of the $50.99 I paid for it. Damn thing is about the size of the True Heroes one.

I wish they gave you a lid for the Abrams turret when you do not have someone in it, but that is my only complaint about any of the vehicles. The open turret on the Eland Mk7 does not bother me.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Not sure how many Lego guys are left, but 5 Below stores have the Brick Warrior accessory sets. I grabbed a few that were interesting/might yield a 1:18 weapon or prop or two.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
Hasbro pretty much announced Kreo is dead across the board. AT least stateside. The Canucks are still finding the newer sets but TRU ad walmart have ceased in carrying them.

As of the right now, the GIJCC is the only one getting new Joe product.

That's what Hasbro gets for being cheap and piggybacking someone else's product.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Mr DePriest said at Joe Con there is more Joe KREO coming...just looking for a retailer. Hoping stuff will be available by Christmas...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
"Looking for a retailer" is usually bad news.

Went out looking for minifigs so I could mess around with these BW weapons and the motherfuckers were all sold out! If I didn't want them I would have had my pick of the litter. :wtf:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That's seven months away, plenty of time I'd think.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Finally found a place with Minifigures, so I grabbed a couple for use with those Brick Warrior sets I got last week. Not much of series 13 is killer in my opinion, but I got extremely lucky and pulled the Gypo Warrior and the Samurai-ko. Only way I would have gotten better would have been the Fencer and the Snake Charmer or Hot Dog Man. Just don't have Ewok's talent for sussing out what's in those little packages.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I kind of regret not staying with this line, but my bad luck at picking winners and the line's sporadic local distribution means I had to pass on it. Some pretty cool stuff in past waves.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
So can any of you Lego guys tell roughly what scale of plane might be compatible with minifigures? I know Lego does them, but I'm not trying to get into building these little brick monstrosities. I want to keep it strictly minifigures.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Based solely on the height of the figures, Lego guys scale ~1:41 (so 1:43 would be pretty close for display purposes), and CoD figures scale ~1:34 (1:32 or 1:35 being the closest standard scales).

Both types of figures are disproportionately wide though, so if you're trying to stick them inside a model, it's a whole different ball of wax.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think I scaled them out to about 1:48. An Imaginext plane would have worked, but it looks like that wave has passed from retail. Hell, I even looked at Dusty Crophoppers. Something will turn up. It only needs to scale well with the minifigures and be convertible to carry one, it doesn't need to be realistic.

Pulled a unicorn chick, paleontologist chick and another Gypo.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I just can't do it. Okay, that's a lie, I felt out the fossil and it clicked in my head what it was. I feel weird finger banging packages with half-a-dozen kids loitering around. They had a unopened case, too. I'd slap a senator to have your ability to ferret out what's in those bags. I guess it won't matter in the monster series. Most of them are pretty ace.

Too bad these are fucking $4. They need to be $2 again.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ha!

They say to get the small accessories down to one end and then feel for the unique pieces but I suck at it. I'mma have to go without Hot Dog Man and the others.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
that is one key aspect of finding the figure. it's also the least conspicuous when trying not to look like an idiot. Shake the bag to one end, the turn it holding the middle, allowing the small things to fall then feel for those. Swords, flat things, tools, etc are the easiest.

Another thing I do to look less like an idiot, if you have smart phone, pull up a page with all the figures shown. Lay the phone on the shelf in front of you, stare at the pictures while slowly feeling the package. AT a quick glance, a person will think you are looking it up to see if you need it.

Same works with the insert from the package.

But if you standing there, eyes closed, feeling away, people are gonna assume you're a freak.

I also learned from that in Victoria's secret.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm starting to get the hang of it. Correctly sussed out a King, Fencer and Hot Dog Man. I thought I may have a Snake Charmer, but I misidentified the rubbery beard of a second King for the cobra. At least it wasn't another Gypo. I managed to weed one of those out.

Bring on the Monster wave in September!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
This leaked (and was originally posed by Ewok) back in January. Everyone is presuming this will be the Fall wave of Minifigures:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ugh, just what I need, for these to go back to being unobtainium.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hit up the series 12 minifigures on clearance at TrU and struck out pretty hard. Was looking for Genie, Spooky Girl, Prospector and Swashbuckler, with an honorable mention for Battle Goddess. I haven't cracked the bags yet, but I think I've got two Swashies, two Mongols, a couple of Jesters, a Gamer, a couple of Space Miner, a Dino Hunter, a Pig or two, a princess and two wizards. And that fucking guitarist.

Fuck my life.

Should I take most of them back, Ewok? :trollface: