G.I. Kre-O, Kre-O, MegaBloks CoD and LEGO discussions

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
I saw the MB CoD Atlas troopers 4pack, but picked up the Promethean Weapons 2pack with the Prommie Soldier and Sniper instead. I'm bummed the Prommies done have waist swivels, and doubt their torso overlays will fit on a Spartan torso, but I'll scrounge up a pair of black ones to give it a try. They each come with 3 guns, 2 grenades, and that funky Prommie shield, plus their very keen sto-tubs and the requisite 3peg stand.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Stealing a post from JoeCustoms:
Redmao said:
I got the Krang set with Leo and Raph today.
The Krang robot has not been assembled yet, but here's a few shots of the turtles.

Back shot featuring Leo's sword loop.

Raph has two loops on the front for his sais

My only gripe with these little guys is that they sport a vertical peg on the upper leg which makes them move like old Marvel Movie figures...

The rubber parts are removable

Compared to other MB figures

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
And Redmao graciously took more pics I requested:
Redmao said:
Here you go.

Raph and Storm Shadow

Krang has a little hole underneath which is the right size to put it on various MB bodies

Krang possessed Raph

Krang from space

Space Raph, just like the old Playmate figure

Raph with a Halo suit

Brickhead

Enlisted
May 9, 2014
Southern Maryland
www.flickr.com
They fuckin nailed it, man. I love how some MB figures are better represented than the LEGO ones. I think what really works against LEGO is their limited articulation. But they will stick with the classic (blocky) figure forever I am sure.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Eh, I buy LEGO minifigures to sit in a display case. I appreciate the aesthetic for what it is. Back to the topic at hand, I agree, MB really did nail these. Though Total Recall Leonardo is horrifying.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
:whatever:

LEGO has a shtick and they've stuck to it. What's Hasbro's excuse? Still using the old oil prices line?

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Yup, another swipe from JC:
Suntzu said:
Blind bags are coming

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
^^ oh snap ^^

definitely want the 4 turtles...will see how much more...

Maybe Foot Ninja for bad guys for turtles and COD. :D

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
I picked up the CoD Guy with a HoverBike at Kroger's for $7.50 last night. Apologies for the blurriness; it's an artifact of cropping, I think.

The bike has seven movable pieces. The airbrake panels swing out, the wings swing up, and the rear lifterpad swings back; while the forward pair of lifterpads swivel and hinge around hemispherically.

The exoframe is rubbery; made of the same stuff as the torsos, I think. It's three pieces; the arms connect to the spine and are secured to the figure with the power pack, while the belt and thigh struts are a wholly separate piece. The elbows are hinged with pop'em pegs, and clip onto the figure's wrists. The thigh struts slip onto pegs at the outer knees, where the rest of the exoframe continues as sculpting along the outside of the boot. Giving the exoframe to other figures will require swapping the boots as well, or gluing the struts in place. The figure will need a replacement belt to fill the gap.

I think the wings are really fat for the scale, and I'm going to try to rectify that, but overall it's a great set and the execution of the exoframe is amaze-balls awesome, especially for the scale. It works flawlessly, and looks and plays great. Even though I only use the MB figures for funny animal dudes alongside my 18th humans, I'll definitely need to get more of these exoframe dudes just for their awesomeness and worry about finding critter heads to give them later.

"Mwu-HA-HA-HA, now I have the strength of ten raccoons!" I'll be giving the bike and exoframe to my Rocket, who's looking a bit beaten up and probably needs upgrading to an Elite's legs now. I'll hold off until Uhura gets released and do both him and Lylla at the same time, I think.

Last edited:

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Oops, sorry. The base is from a several years old Halo set, and the rod is from the CoD Astronauts 5pack.

But there is a socket in the bike's belly for the rod.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
most of the terminator mega bloks are on a big sale on amazon.com...I grabbed a few for parts...gonna try to make the prisoner truck into a HEMTT for COD. :D Building will be good occupational therapy.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
I picked up a single box Scuba Steve on sale for $3.58, plus another Prommie Weapons 2pack and the Atlas 4pack finally at Target just now. Once I got home I discovered some dickbag had stolen the red-suited Atlas trooper from out the bottom of the box, dammit.

I obviously still love what I got, but it would've been nice to have not gotten dry-reamed by a fellow collector.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Stealing from a Fwoosher:
DEADPOOLISTHEMAN316 said:

These are beyond awesome! Mega Bloks really went to town on these. They've added extra articulation (at least to the classics) making these very poseable!

I'm about to break open the other 3, but I'd thought I'd share some quick initial thoughts. Definitely planning on getting more

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Saw the Donny and Mikey singles, as well as a larger Mikey set at one of the are Wal-Marts yesterday. No sign of the blind bags, though.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
The baggies only have Nickfigs, with the reduced artic and paint; and you're probably best off avoiding them.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Found the classics AND the blind bags (good ol' Lampasas). I'm on the fence over the classics, but did get a blind bag Dontello. Once I found where the hell the code was I found it doesn't sync with any currently posted, so it's finger-bangin' them for me.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
I can't watch YT right now, but maybe this helps with the codes:
[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XGXkjCBoPVE[/ame]

And aren't you interested in the Classics? You're well outside the norm there, mate.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm just not sure how invested I am in the property. They kind of tug at 8 year-old inner K-T, but grown-ass K-T is like "C'mon, man, you collect enough shit already".

I'll probably grab Leo, and if I'm impressed enough I'll round out the team.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I have the TWD zombie Ewok sent me and I can't say I'm impressed. Granted, the environments look swell, but the figures are shite. McFarlane is to brick-building as Mattel is to 1:18 figures.

I want these minifigures:

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I picked up TWD Hospital Door set on clearance at Target just because. Saw the Turtle blind bags as well, but didn't pull the trigger on any....probably won't.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Grabbed a classic Leo. Thoughts after I get to mess with him.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Alright, so I got a minute to fool with classic Leo. He's tiny, and I have to assume the only reason they made the shells out of pot metal is to give them some kind of weight. The stand is pretty novel. It's not something I'd care to use, but I can see some pretty wild displays being built buy daisy-chaining several together.

Overall these aren't compatible with the Nick versions, but they share common hand molds and these classic arms WILL peg into the Nick versions, and the skin colors on Leo and Don matched well. They really shouldn't have skimped on the Nick ones in that respect.

I'll probably grab the other three turtles over time. I'm interested in how they plan to handle the rogues gallery and allies. I'd hate to see April, Casey and Shredder relegated to sets. Guess I have something to look out for in the Toy Fair coverage next month.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The fuck? Am I the only one here that's actually bought any of these? :trollface:?

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
The fuck? Am I the only one here that's actually bought any of these? :trollface:?

Yeah, I just never got into Turtles. My first exposure was the early B&W comics that were stupid-rare/expensive by the time I heard of them, and then later, the movies and cartoon were just too 90's radical/tubular/awesome skaterific pizza-dude-esque. Mostly, after SW, Joe, and TF... the Turtles just skewed a bit young for me to be in the target demographic at the time, thus I don't get the nostalgic pull that those other franchises exude.

I have to say though, those do look like fun.

Last edited:

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
What other reason need there be to enjoy a toy? If you're not in it for the fun, then what? Nostalgia ain't a product, no matter what my namesake says or does.

I haven't found any yet, but also haven't been searching for them yet due to being cash-strapped.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Being an old married-with-kids adult, I don't really play with my toys. Most all are for display or custom building. So in that regard, nostalgia is arguably the #1 reason I have so many damn toys. It's not like I'm crawling around in the floor going "pew-pew-pew!"

I have lots of grand plans for dio-building, and I may or may not ever get around to them, but that's likely the closest I'll ever get to playing with my stuff. I crawl around and play with the kids, and I occasionally grab Luke Skywalker out of my son's bin and make him say something funny. But my own "playing" days are likely long gone, and I'm good with that.