G.I. Kre-O, Kre-O, MegaBloks CoD and LEGO discussions

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
$270 is the number being bandied about. Probably Bricklink Catwoman and Batman, maybe the Batcopter, too.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Stealing from the Fwoosh thread:
Beast said:
The TMNT Fan Club sent out an E-Mail advertising that the TMNT Mega Bloks were now onsale in stores. But in doing so it appears they might have made a mistake. The E-Mail was supposed to feature a picture of the NickToons Turtle Van. But this image was attached instead.... a Classics Turtle Van with Shredder, Mikey, and April. Can't wait for Toy Fair. :D

Blew up the image as best I could without making it too blurry:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Figures April would be in a set I have no interest in. I suppose Shredder being included as well softens the blow.

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Woot, I finally got to a TRU and picked up Raph and Leo. My only wish is that Raph had some extra hands to grip his sais in that weird 'holding the crossbar' grip sai-wielders like to do. I guess it's the sideways pistol of sai-fighting, lol.

It's amazing how doofusy they look without their eye bandannas, but so perfect with them on. I hope they release Splinter soon, as I think he might be the best route to bash up an Usagi Yojimbo.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hoping we see something from MegaBloks for future blind bag TMNT waves.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
New Halo
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iryN30DHFJ8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iryN30DHFJ8[/ame]

New COD
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAb9b2Ezhw4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAb9b2Ezhw4[/ame]

Destiny!
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQYy7blwbPA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQYy7blwbPA[/ame]

Pics tomorrow hopefully and maybe new reveals as well as some TMNT and Star Trek shown if we're lucky.

Those new CoD sets look great:

An Apache Gunship
Bradley IFV
A way better Hummer (4 doors and better proportions all round)
That Vietnam PBR!

Halo has the BRUTES back with the new articulation and armor system, the pack will overwhelm you!

And I didn't see Destiny sets coming, but yeah might have to get back into that game...

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Beast said:
Also Mega Bloks Mirage Turtles...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBx4a9gH2oi/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBx4ewOH2o3/

Some better pictures of the Technodrome, Turtle Van, and Mirage Turtles on Toyark now...

Toy Fair 2016 - Mattel Mega Bloks and Kubros - The Toyark - News

Pictures 11 - 18 are of the TMNT stuff. Really loving the new classic stuff.

Oh, man; the Mirage Turtles do indeed look great. They're definitely getting got, although I can't see them being a regular retail item. Maybe through MattyCollector?

The Destiny stuff sounds like it's too similar to Halo to last long, but it does look great. I'll def get several of those figures.

Where's the MotU stuff? What about ThunderCats MBs? They'd work great as a bridge between MotU and TMNT.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
So, I've been amassing more and more CoD sets, as my Kroger stores can't stop putting them on clearance. As such, I have quite the army (or I will when I actually get around to building them all). Most of them seem to be desert themed (although I have a few of the arctic sets), or theater-agnostic like the chopper/harrier pilots, and SEALs.

So my question is... are there other Mega Bloks lines (that have similar figure construction) where one could amass some enemy type figures? I'm not really into zombies, and I'd much rather have some guys that look like ISIS, viet kong, DPRK, russians, etc.

I know I could just designate some of my guys to be modernly equipped adversaries, but that's no fun. I prefer that they be distinctly discernible as "the bad guys". The real world is grey enough as it is; I prefer my imaginary geopolitics to be more black & white. ;)

All suggestions welcome!

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
So, I've been amassing more and more CoD sets, as my Kroger stores can't stop putting them on clearance. As such, I have quite the army (or I will when I actually get around to building them all). Most of them seem to be desert themed (although I have a few of the arctic sets), or theater-agnostic like the chopper/harrier pilots, and SEALs.

So my question is... are there other Mega Bloks lines (that have similar figure construction) where one could amass some enemy type figures? I'm not really into zombies, and I'd much rather have some guys that look like ISIS, viet kong, DPRK, russians, etc.

I know I could just designate some of my guys to be modernly equipped adversaries, but that's no fun. I prefer that they be distinctly discernible as "the bad guys". The real world is grey enough as it is; I prefer my imaginary geopolitics to be more black & white. ;)

All suggestions welcome!

I was thinking about getting TMNT Foot Soldier for black pajama wearing ISIS OpFor...as of now...mine is mostly green vs tan...sort like old plastic army men...

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Hahaha, that's what I was trying to avoid, old school, green v tan v black. Thought I might be able to take some of the bearded guys and mod some tiny turbans, but it'd be cooler if there was something to make an LBC headswap or something. Or maybe take some of the WWII figures and make VK out of them somehow.

The footsoldier idea is a good one though. I had dismissed those sets.

Last edited:

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
Pics:

Today, I picked up a few more movie TMNT, cobbling together a whole team. I got the single-box Pirate Mikey and D-Day Raph plus the box set of Rocksteady on his chopper with Leo. Single-box Leo is a clear green stealth version I'll be passing on. I'll probably get the Classics Bebop + 3Feets and then the movie Kraang and probably be done with my MBNT collection unless Shredder comes cheaply.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
My last week of builds.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1463456440874.jpg
    FB_IMG_1463456440874.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 7
  • FB_IMG_1463456436174.jpg
    FB_IMG_1463456436174.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 6
  • FB_IMG_1463456403459.jpg
    FB_IMG_1463456403459.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 6
  • FB_IMG_1463456409499.jpg
    FB_IMG_1463456409499.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 6
  • FB_IMG_1463456413525.jpg
    FB_IMG_1463456413525.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 6
  • FB_IMG_1463456417664.jpg
    FB_IMG_1463456417664.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 6
  • FB_IMG_1463456422113.jpg
    FB_IMG_1463456422113.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 6

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
The hovercraft is now the pride of my collection, even greater than the Lego Helicarrier. It is MUCH bigger than you might imagine. 22x14 just doesn't seem that big until you build the deck (w/o structures) and set 20 fifths of booze on it.

The only drawback is that the bags are not numbered, so I spent 2hrs opening bags one at a time and sorting the parts into sandwich bags. There is just no way you can dig thru 2700 parts while you build it. The other problem is 3 of the colors (which is basically every part) required an LED flashlight to distinguish between them. To alleviate this problem, I built mine out of order. You build it in 3 sections, bottom to top and then snap them together, but instead I just built the pontoon section of each, connected them and then built the structures. This way I got rid of all of the black parts first and honestly, it's just more fun to build a ship this way.

Ewok returned his because he was missing parts and got frustrated, but I was not missing a single piece, only one 2x6 that goes internally that was the wrong color (beige instead of silver).

It took me 15hrs over 3 days to complete the build.

Every part is printed.

I can't think of a single detail I'd change on it.

Also, TRU is clearing them out at $150 ($30 off) and the cashier forced thru an additional 20% off coupon I had just to be extra nice. I'm glad I waited a year and a half to get it at $.05 per brick. Fuck you Lego.

https://youtu.be/c3kol3Q71Rc

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
I am so getting s few of these new Humvees:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9SLT6YGPTw&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
They look great, but are WAY over-sized. I'll still get one since I missed out on all the other Humvees and prefer the green anyways. The M2A3 and the Apache are what I'm drooling over personally.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Once I have the M2A3, Apache and that Humvee, I'll have basically replaced my entire modern 1:18 collection in a much more manageable size. I need to get some spare parts to rebuild all of the stupid open turrets though to be satisfied. The quality and detail of these last 2 waves is just jaw dropping with barely enough studs showing to remind you it's made out of building blocks.

They need to release an M113 and a Stryker so I can quit already. ;)

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I have that set. It's pretty nice base-wise. It's got two sections with a big hinge in the middle such that it kinda folds up, a la castle greyskull. Obviously not THAT big only being 500 pcs, but you get the idea. With mutable sets, you could ditch the dome and the railing and build generic middle eastern buildings, bases, etc. Nothing special outside of the dome, but a lot of usable bricks.

The two nuketown houses are stupid cheap too. Amazon has one of them for $17, and that's a steal. I got both of those, the zombie restaurant, the barn, and the prison, along with the walking dead prison and a few other TWD sets. My intent was to make a springfield-esque town that's a bogus, semi-deserted enemy town for my CoD guys to invade. Urban warfare FTW!

Lego's (and Mega's) default price is 10-cents per part. Sometimes it'll be less than that on a big set, or more than that on a tiny set. But a good rule of thumb is that MSRP is going to be a dime per piece. So when I start seeing sets that are marked down to 5-6 cents per piece, I start thinking "stockpile for parts". When I see stuff that's 3-cents per part, I start thinking "clean off the shelf and fill up the buggy". A few months ago, my wife found the CoD arctic humvee (500 pcs) for $13 at kroger. She got me one, but I've been kicking myself ever since for not getting a half dozen.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
nuketowns are only $17 now? I only want the figs and accessories...the rest I have no room for... -I may bit at $17 ...

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
All the zombie buildings are dirt cheap right now. I'm not sure if I want to stock up on grey walls from the diner or sand from the dome base. I love how Mega gets clearanced for ridiculously low prices and most of their sets have real bricks. I have tubs full of Star Wars Lego and really can't build anything since it's all plates and technic parts.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I ended up going with 2 Desert Outposts (in addition to the one I have), a Dome set and the zombie barn (I wanted the baseplates). This should give me plenty of bricks and space for a real building. I combined all of the little dio sets that came with the M1 and various figure sets purchased over the past year and it turned out surprisingly great. Looks like a desert outpost scrapped together during an apocalypse.

I searched ebay and the googles for a source of bulk baseplates and they just do not exist. I might just have to settle with big KO tan lego plates and then sprinkle the good plates around to break up the sea of bland studs. I wish one of these KO plate makers would toss in some color swirls to make for an interesting environment.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
I built an FOB in a bombed out shell of a building out of a bunch of outposts and other bits as well...keep buying them up on clearance. I should get a pic of it...

AdrienVeidt

Enlisted
Apr 11, 2015
I wonder how well the MB CoD Troopers and zombies would work with the Walking Dead sets. Probably too much of a cartoony/reality mismatch?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'd wager they will work better than the figures that come with them. Nacho knows what's up.