G.I. Kre-O, Kre-O, MegaBloks CoD and LEGO discussions

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Not likely. If anything is a runaway seller in the first wave, it's the xenomorph. I imagine it's a combination of trying a different license out and where do they go with Aliens in regards to the Heroes line. They done the xeno and a marine, what else can they do, realistically?

Then there's the chance that they may be saving things for a legit Aliens line.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Not likely. If anything is a runaway seller in the first wave, it's the xenomorph. I imagine it's a combination of trying a different license out and where do they go with Aliens in regards to the Heroes line. They done the xeno and a marine, what else can they do, realistically?

Then there's the chance that they may be saving things for a legit Aliens line.

Well, they made other characters for the He-Man line, they could do that for ALIENS. Maybe another Marine, maybe Ripley or Newt or Burke if they wanted to do something other than a Marine. Some eggs, stasis tubes...but of course I realize those aren't "figures". There are other things, but those would have to be part of a bigger line. Considering all the ALIENS items coming out everyday from big current companies like Diamond Select, NECA, Sideshow Collectibles, I would think they would want to jump on that band wagon while it's hot. Add in the rabid fan-base for the COD line and I'm sure those same people would be all over a line of ALIENS figures and vehicles.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I still can't believe my man here is coming in a CMF wave and not some go-fuck-yourself-priced DTC set. It really does almost make up for LEGO's usual asshatery.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Saw some new CoD sets on Amazon, though they're currently only available at "First!" triple-prices from 3rd party sellers, but I assume they'll be widely available soon enough.

81b+id8ZH6L._SL1500_.jpg718kFx2yj2L._SL1500_.jpg71-VCz8gunL._SL1500_.jpg

I'm starting to get excited about Toyfair. I really want to see what new CoD stuff is in the pipeline as well as what's in store for the "Pro Builder" sets. The viking ship didn't do much for me, but I've been eyeballing that space rover.

I also have high hopes that the MOTU single figs have been popular enough to warrant some actual vehicle sets and such. That line needs to expand, big-time.

Also, while I was browsing Aliexpress for Lepin sets for my son's birthday (he loves the KO's of the big/expensive sets we'd never buy at retail), I ran across some new military stuff from Xingbao, including this little gem, which should shame the CoD version:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/XIN...32836752245.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.li2TWr

I ordered three just for kicks. I'll report when they arrive, see how they compare.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Saw the Brits at Walmart the other day. The water-cooled was pretty tempting.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Saw those 3 are Walmart...snagged the modern one and put the other 2 on a top shelf with the WWII checkpoint to pick up later...(I hope)

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I finally found the checkpoint and the new troop packs. Had to hit several WM's to find one that had bothered to restock.

I'm more stoked for the toyfair mega display than any other line. Other than a new wave or two of ML, I don't expect much this year. Everything that hasn't been shelved or cancelled seems to have gone through a major "cheapening" or shifted to expensive imports. The middle class of *good* toys seems to have disappeared.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I dItched Lego when it hit the point that anything under $100 was no longer worth building. I already have 2 full tubs worth of scraps, so no reason to buy anything I do not want to keep built. Can’t talk myself into jumping on the Lepin train, so Mega is really my only hope at new sets.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Good lord, the Lepin train is steamrolling my house. They have improved such that the newer sets do the numbered bags like lego, which eliminates a lot of initial sorting. My daughter just turned nine, and she got the carousel and ferris wheel from lepin, each over 2k pcs. They're massive.

My wife and I each have three of the Creator City sets left to build, several of which in the 4-5k pcs range. And I just ordered my son the Ninjago City (with the comic book store!) for his upcoming birthday. And for myself, I dropped the Old Fishing Store in the order, because it'll look awesome with the haunted house and CoD zombie nuketown. They can be the "warzone" side of town.

If you're not going Lepin for space or money reasons (because even half-price is steep), I get it. If you're not doing it for concerns about the sets themselves, you're really missing out. And while I haven't built any yet, the Xingbao miltary sets look great too for some cold war hardware, and it appears they straight-up copied the CoD hovercraft. It's a great time to be a (cheap) brick fan.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I already have the Helicarrier, fully loaded hovercraft and an entire Imperial fleet built, hiding under my bed so space is the real issue. I'd try Lepin (especially if they are numbering bags now) but I honestly have no place to put them. I also find any time I have $100 these day for toys, TFs are first in line.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I'm just loving lepin, as it's making my dream of a "real" town in which to stage battles a reality. Those Streetview buildings are so nice, and they're just as intricate on the back and inside as they are the front. No pretend facades. I might take forever to do it, but it will happen. Snipers on the McDonalds, cobra flag flying over the courthouse, bombed out buildings, makeshift HQ in the old prison... it's probably more fun in my head than in reality, but I imagine it being one hell of a dio story.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Where does one buy these "Lepin-gos"? My younger son is getting into Legos now..
Aliexpress.

One of the knock off companies (Sluban, I think) has done a modular night club, complete with Michael Jackson impersonator.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I'm just loving lepin, as it's making my dream of a "real" town in which to stage battles a reality. Those Streetview buildings are so nice, and they're just as intricate on the back and inside as they are the front. No pretend facades. I might take forever to do it, but it will happen. Snipers on the McDonalds, cobra flag flying over the courthouse, bombed out buildings, makeshift HQ in the old prison... it's probably more fun in my head than in reality, but I imagine it being one hell of a dio story.

Surely you have seen Jang's city???

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I know not of this "Jang". But google showed me some pictures. It's quite impressive! --- and there's no doubt he's using Lepin. You'd have to be a sultan to afford that many retail legos!

I'm not going that far down the rabbit hole. I just want a couple of main-street blocks worth of buildings, a few houses, enough to make some nice dio setups and/or display nonsense.

I'm not trying to do a Jang/Digler mashup, which would require a second job and an addition to my house.

Last edited:

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Where does one buy these "Lepin-gos"? My younger son is getting into Legos now..
Yeah, KT is right. Aliexpress is the way to go. I've ordered from several different sellers (all tolerably good), but this one is my current favorite.

lepinbrick Store - Small Orders Online Store, Hot Selling and more on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

I ordered some stuff last thursday, and it arrived today. 6 days to get around the world and through customs! I have new respect for this dude and DHL.

note: fyi, if you're browsing his store, "Actuals" means that he has it in stock, as opposed to "Pre-Sell"...

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I know not of this "Jang". But google showed me some pictures. It's quite impressive! --- and there's no doubt he's using Lepin. You'd have to be a sultan to afford that many retail legos!

I'm not going that far down the rabbit hole. I just want a couple of main-street blocks worth of buildings, a few houses, enough to make some nice dio setups and/or display nonsense.

I'm not trying to do a Jang/Digler mashup, which would require a second job and an addition to my house.

Jangbricks is 100% real Lego as he opens his packages on camera and even pays more to get stuff early. I bet his YouTube channel is big enough to pull in $500k+ yearly in advertising revenue. It is the only place you need to go for brick reviews.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
No, I’ve seen all those different brands and only the Cobi Panzers look good to me. Can even get them cheap stateside from my RC tank shop, but it’s pointless until I have Mega krauts to man the turret.

That PIV you posted is detailed, but YUGE!

You really like the Cobi better? I think the KAZI one looks awesome, so much detail, and the grey color looks so "WWII" to me. I'm tempted to get one, and I don't even collect WWII stuff. But it is YUGE... but I think it fits. Can't help it if Mega's Sherman is too small!

FYI, KAZI makes a smaller version too, only 868 pcs:

KAZI Tank - Small

I assume you could adapt some of the millions of MB troops you must have sitting around to be the bad guys. Just gotta come up with some helmets, and if you can't make some, there's probably some brick-nerd who does.

If you wait on Mattel to produce Nazis, you're going to wait a loooooooong time. I know I'm not getting any viet kong, so I'm already planning Project Charlie.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
The Mega Sherman is pretty dang close to the right size. Remember, WWII tanks are tiny and a Panzer III would fit in most home garages. I know, because I measured for when I win the lottery. Basically a Suburban.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Oh, guess I should mention I really dislike the PIV aesthetically. PIII, Panther, Stug or gtfo. T-34 and KVs also have a place in my heart. Britain and ‘Murica had a disgraceful showing in the ‘40’s.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Come on Lottery!

If I ever won the big powerball, I’d have a crap ton of land with a track for rally cars and tracked vehicles. Come over to do some wrenching and wrecking on the weekends. Been my dream for 2 decades, so guess I should probably start buying tickets.

Never used T-72’s are really cheap in Soviet bloc countries.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
In addition to your Germans, we have

1) Hasmat shipping container

2) WWII shipping container

3) Heavy transport truck (to haul the shipping containers)

Plus about a zillion different loose brick sets for $10 (200 pcs) in assorted themes/colors, including a camo set. Gonna be a good year for bricks I suspect. Come on, toy fair!

There's more!

Hazmat Armory Container
Corrugated shipping container with working door and printed HAZMAT-themed detail
Side doors and walls open to create a lab with test tubes, gas canisters, flasks, and diagram
2 highly detailed, super-poseable HAZMAT technician micro action figures with HAZMAT suits and authentic weapons
Connect multiple container armories together to build a battle complex
Combine with the buildable transport truck to haul your armory - 12.99

Sadly can't find the listingsthese come from:

1 Highly detailed, super-poseable soldier micro action figure with detachable armor
Buildable camo weapon crate package opens for weapons storage
Collectible theme based on iconic Sniper multiplayer class
Weapons with printed "Afterlife" detail include 2 sniper rifles and 1 pistol
Collect and combine with other Call of Duty construction sets by Mega Construx

1 Highly detailed, super-poseable soldier micro action figure with detachable armor
Buildable camo weapon crate opens for weapons storage
Collectible theme based on iconic Close Combat multiplayer class
Weapons with printed "Fitness" detail include 1 sub-machine gun and 2 shotguns

1 Highly detailed, super-poseable soldier micro action figure
Buildable camo care package opens for weapons storage
Collectible theme based on iconic Heavy Combat multiplayer class
Figure comes with detachable armor
Includes 1 rocket launcher gun, 1 machine gun, and 1 pistol

1 Highly detailed, super-poseable David "Prophet" Wilkes micro action figure with detachable armor
Collectible theme based on iconic Assault multiplayer class
Weapons with printed gold detail include 1 pistol and 2 assault rifles

1 Highly detailed, super-poseable WWII-inspired American infantry soldier micro action figure with detachable armor
Buildable wooden-style weapon crate opens for storage
Collectible theme based on iconic Call of Duty: WWII "Infantry Division" multiplayer class
Weapons with printed "Heeres-Splittermuster 31" detail include 1 SMG, 1 sniper rifle, and 1 revolver

Includes authentic weapons and accessories with printed detail
Unique themes to collect based on based on iconic Multiplayer classes
Choose between Assault, Close Combat, WWII, and Sniper themes, sold separately

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
"Heroes Series 3"
smile.amazon.com/dp/B0797CDNFX/ - Erin "Battery" Baker
smile.amazon.com/dp/B0797GJW5H/ - Desert Sniper
smile.amazon.com/dp/B0797HSBRT/ - Vladimir Makarov
smile.amazon.com/dp/B0797JWLFY/ - Spectre