GI JOE Super Wave 3 pre-orders up

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
General Joes has posted both Kokomo Toys and EE have pre-orders up

http://generalsjoes.com/

If this is not allowed - delete the thread....just saw it on FaceBook and wanted to let you all know.

Not sure I am pre-ordering or not...usually order from smalljoes.com anyway.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
20 Ultimate Dukes & 20 Ultimate Flints pre-ordered. I'll probably adjust the #'s a bit before they get in stock. I also got multiples of a bunch of others, but not nearly as many as Duke and Flint. They're custom fodder gold.

Gungho-joe

Enlisted
Apr 1, 2011
Ohio
got my order in. I checked a few hours ago and they werent there yet. I cheery picked what I wanted and what my boys wanted. Its great to see new pre-orders. Now the wait...

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Crimson Guard and Combat Ninja SOLD OUT for preorders at BBTS!

I don't even really care about either of those.. the CG looks weird, and the Combat Ninja is just a shocktrooper with a weird deco... I do like the flag and the launcher though.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
20x20? Nice! thats a lot... but not bad.

Wonder if those figures have the same neck scarf crap that 3-pack Mouse has? Made it a pain...

Yeah, I'll probably drop some of the Flint figs, but just wanted to make sure I have plenty pre-ordered. I'll go through my list of characters I want to make and determine exactly what I'll need and adjust accordingly.

Holy shit! Ultimate duke is now $13.99 on BBTS! It was just $9.99!

I saw that too, and only 22 left!

I blame cloud!

I think I might have contributed to the price hike... just hope I wasn't the only one that contributed to the price hike.

Also, just to clarify, I already have 10 of Duke and Flint pre-ordered through Dorkside Toys. I only pre-ordered 10 of each from BBTS. So, I didn't contribute as much to the price hike as first thought... maybe?

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Also, just to clarify, I already have 10 of Duke and Flint pre-ordered through Dorkside Toys. I only pre-ordered 10 of each from BBTS. So, I didn't contribute as much to the price hike as first thought... maybe?

True, I think we actually got word before it hit the Tank :) So hopefully our members got in before the sell outs/price hikes. I ordered 5 of the Dukes @ $9.99.. shoulda grabbed a few more.

MMorelock66

Isn't a Gijoe fan
Apr 4, 2012
the land of Virginia
20x20? Nice! thats a lot... but not bad.

Wonder if those figures have the same neck scarf crap that 3-pack Mouse has? Made it a pain...

The Con pics showed no scarf. Hopefully that stays!

I might have to pull the trigger on Storm shadow, definitely the figure from this wave I honest to god want.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
True, I think we actually got word before it hit the Tank :) So hopefully our members got in before the sell outs/price hikes. I ordered 5 of the Dukes @ $9.99.. shoulda grabbed a few more.

What's funny is that I told a buddy as soon as they went up that I didn't think BBTS realized how many people are going to do just a simple head swap with the Duke figure and army build the crap out of it. Looks like I was right judging by the price hike.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
What's funny is that I told a buddy as soon as they went up that I didn't think BBTS realized how many people are going to do just a simple head swap with the Duke figure and army build the crap out of it. Looks like I was right judging by the price hike.

It even comes with the 2nd Army perfect head, the one that came with the Ninja Cruiser.. AND it looks like it's painted! Such a great figure. Damn it .. why didn't I get 20?? :)

Gungho-joe

Enlisted
Apr 1, 2011
Ohio
just checked my pre-orders at BBTS and the Duke is showing at 11.99. Atleast I wont have to run around stores trying to piece together the small number of Troop builders I wanted out of this wave. I only want 4 of the Ninja Combat Trooper. The Cobra Propoganda videos made it look like these guys were special forces, so 4 is my team. I only wanted 1 CG, I am thinking of making him some kind of General since he comes with the decals. I plan to scan and print out the other decals to dress up my 25th CG troops. 2 Data Vipers for me and 1 each of the ultimate figs. I am wondering now if these are setting a record for pre order sell outs (not including SDCC items).

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
I hope these are on pegs all summer long...then i can budget them in over time...I still may pre-order a case someday, I don't know. I don't think I want all of them so will have some trade bait. :D

Glad you all were able to get some ordered.:thumbsup:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Could be.. I mean it's a wave without a couple shitty shelf warmers really.

I think the ninja stuff might be the least popular, but who knows.

I like that it's 1 figure per case, not packing in 2 CC's and 2 SE's. I grabbed a couple of complete cases, just in case.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
It even comes with the 2nd Army perfect head, the one that came with the Ninja Cruiser.. AND it looks like it's painted! Such a great figure. Damn it .. why didn't I get 20?? :)

It's definitely one of the better sculpts they've had for a real-life soldier, save the vest, BUT from what a buddy of mine's brother-in-law (who's special forces) told him, the armor plated vests used in Retaliation aren't as Sci-fi based as some might think. They're actually in a stage of development. They have the sectional trauma plating, but lack the zipper running down the middle.

just checked my pre-orders at BBTS and the Duke is showing at 11.99. Atleast I wont have to run around stores trying to piece together the small number of Troop builders I wanted out of this wave. I only want 4 of the Ninja Combat Trooper. The Cobra Propoganda videos made it look like these guys were special forces, so 4 is my team. I only wanted 1 CG, I am thinking of making him some kind of General since he comes with the decals. I plan to scan and print out the other decals to dress up my 25th CG troops. 2 Data Vipers for me and 1 each of the ultimate figs. I am wondering now if these are setting a record for pre order sell outs (not including SDCC items).

Thankfully, I pre-ordered the 10 Dukes while it was still $9.99 and unless I release them, they'll stay at that price. I don't foresee releasing any of my Duke pre-orders though.

I hope these are on pegs all summer long...then i can budget them in over time...I still may pre-order a case someday, I don't know. I don't think I want all of them so will have some trade bait. :D

Glad you all were able to get some ordered.:thumbsup:

Wanted to tell you "Thanks!" for the heads-up on the pre-orders!

If they do come in July it's going to seriously dampen my SDCC budget though!

You know that's right.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com

I'm worried that the Flint is using the same parts as Mouse. That neck looks suspiciously similar. I hated how the scarf thing made the torso basically unusable.

It looks like the Duke is different thankfully:

Would be a bummer.. anyone have pics of ultimate flint w/out the vest?