GI JOE Super Wave 3 pre-orders up

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Well, congrats to myself for working late and being busy all day. At least the overtime will help pay for these fucking GIJCC-price-encroaching case assortments. Hell, $120 for 12 figures. Sigh.

I got an extra Data-Viper, but the rest of those troop-builders can suck it. I'm almost tempted to cancel the Preorder altogether. I'll probably get 3 Night-Vipers from the next wave, but that's it for retail Joes for the most part. What else is slated to come out after this? Jinx, Night-Viper, Blind Master? Anybody else remotely interesting?

Those CGs suck, btw. Not sure whose idea those were, but they don't look good.

HeelJoe

Is singin' in Acid Rain
Jan 23, 2013
Midlands - UK
I haven't technically got the money to pay for new Joes... but I can't be the kid without the new figures... brings back bad memories

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
20 Ultimate Dukes & 20 Ultimate Flints pre-ordered. I'll probably adjust the #'s a bit before they get in stock. I also got multiples of a bunch of others, but not nearly as many as Duke and Flint. They're custom fodder gold.

Once you get all those Dukes, you need to string up all of the drones and make it look like a Black Ops 2 Swarm...

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Hey MSWI, I can trade you a SS and CC as well. Just shoot me a PM when they ship to remind me.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I don't suppose that ponce CC comes with that swell PoC cobra hilt dagger?

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Yeah the CG vest is good.. is it new? I'd like to see what it looks like in non-flaming colours.

It's new. Will be great for making a Beachhead similar to the Sideshow version:

I definitely like the idea of not having to cobble another one together like I did on my last Beachhead custom:

I'm sure I'll find other characters to use the vest for as well.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Why do you dislike SmallJoes? I'm asking b/c I don't want to buy from them in the future if they're a bad business.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Just had shitty dealings with them in the past. Placed an order for something in the wrong quantity, immediately sent in an email asking to correct or cancel the order, no response, he shipped the order like 3 days later and billed me, never responded to my request. I ended up with overdraft fees etc.

Haven't shopped there since and likely never will.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
I think I have only ordered from SmallJoes...never an issue. Plus they have rewards points. :D

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
The only problem I've ever had with Smalljoes is after my CC expired and I got a new one, his system wouldn't accept the new one with new expiration date and security code.

Hellion42

Meat Shield
May 1, 2013
Side 7
I've read of several customer service issues with them. I've never had any, personally.

Same here. Back in the new-sculpt days they were my go-to place for ordering cases and army builders. Had a couple of small problems but everything was resolved quickly.

Just had shitty dealings with them in the past. Placed an order for something in the wrong quantity, immediately sent in an email asking to correct or cancel the order, no response, he shipped the order like 3 days later and billed me, never responded to my request. I ended up with overdraft fees etc.

Haven't shopped there since and likely never will.

Welp, that'll do it.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Shipping for 21 figures and the Eaglehawk was $20 through SmallJoes. If you do the math the 21 figures are $11 each shipped and the Eaglehawk is $40 shipped, that close to what you would pay at retail.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Nacho and I can't agree on Cutler but we share the same vision when it comes to BBTS. :D

It's there reliability and customer service that keeps me coming back. I also love the POL feature.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Nacho and I can't agree on Cutler but we share the same vision when it comes to BBTS. :D

It's there reliability and customer service that keeps me coming back. I also love the POL feature.

The POL is their sole saving grace and the only reason that they're one of the few places I shop online anymore. If you're not stockpiling a bunch of shit to ship at a later date, then their individual pricing is awful, though.

"Fortunately" I buy enough shit so that I usually ship at least $200 worth of stuff at once. :wave:

MMorelock66

Isn't a Gijoe fan
Apr 4, 2012
the land of Virginia
Off topic (not surprising, I know) I've got a preorder through BBTS that isn't expected to ship until Dec. So you guys say they're good? I wanna know now because I got a long time to cancel my order.

Hellion42

Meat Shield
May 1, 2013
Side 7

This and this. In 8+ years of business with them, I've had a handful of problems with the products sent, defects and such. They've always made it right. I've never once had a problem with shipping, billing, or bad customer service.

Off topic (not surprising, I know) I've got a preorder through BBTS that isn't expected to ship until Dec. So you guys say they're good? I wanna know now because I got a long time to cancel my order.

My answer is above.

[ontopicsorta] Back when this wave was first announced, I was all over the vintage-themed stuff and indifferent towards the movie figures. After having been pleasantly surprised by the movie, I took a second look and was more impressed. I thought it would be cool to have the movie cast in its own section. Then I came out of my little reverie and realized that it would be forever half-assed due to the lame Colton, Jinx, and Lady Jaye figures. Yeah, I could customize, but I don't. So I'm back to being indifferent.

Still looking forward to the ridiculously named Combat Ninja though.