GI JOE Super Wave 3 pre-orders up

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Not surprised viperskingdom has these to sell already. That being said, there's a couple things that have me a bit worried. Budo's head does not look like the one we were shown, but maybe it's just my imagination. Unfortunately, my imagination is telling me Budo's head looks an awful lot like a reworked RoadRock head.

I wish the guy would have some of these up for BIN, there's a couple I'd drop some bucks on to get a review or two out there ahead of the pack for you guys. Probably would have gone for Flint/Kwinn/Duke since those have been the ones I've seen a lot of interest in, at least on this forum!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I thought we were gonna finally get an aircraft variant. :(

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Not surprised viperskingdom has these to sell already. That being said, there's a couple things that have me a bit worried. Budo's head does not look like the one we were shown, but maybe it's just my imagination. Unfortunately, my imagination is telling me Budo's head looks an awful lot like a reworked RoadRock head.

Ebay version.

Toyfair Version.

Big difference, yeah...

Keep in mind these are the 'irregular' figures.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
My biggest hope for Budo is that his swords don't become repaints of the Resolute Storm Shadow swords. Ugh.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I will, fogger.

Hold for more.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
His are both there. One is a balaclava with a separate helmet, the other is the cyclopean one.

They've skimped on some of his paint apps, though.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Indeed!

I'm thinking of running a wire from it to the NV scope on 25th Zartan's VSS to do some kind of faux-future night fighter.

After a repaint, natch.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think Joe Colton has competition for "scuzziest sex offender" figure.

I think fogger called it correctly when he said they stuck the wave 2 figure's baton on the .50 receiver.

So there may be hope.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Aside from the missing paint apps? It looks like the armor is sitting high.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Shitty factory paint job. Some will be better than others.

Of course, it'll be under the kabuto and mempo, so it won't matter as much. I'm more concerned about how the armor sits. Maybe the sode are wedged in there holding it up.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
I'm just entertained by a lot of the apparent jerking off over these figures. If at worst, these are rejects that are missing a few paint apps and/or complete accessories, and the retail releases will be better, they are still just "Okay" in my book. But looking at these pictures compared with what we saw from Toyfair, it's hardly exciting. Thankfully no one here's writing with dick in hand, stuffing their nose up Hasbro's asshole.

OMG SO AWESOME OMG OMG

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Probably. Yeah the body ain't bad. Can be used for a few things I'm guessing. The head though? Ugh. Looks terrible without the helmet.. thing.

And what the literal fuck happened to RR's gun?

The head is boring, but may be salvageable.

Some are thinking they just stuck the Gymbattlekata baton in the place of the actual barrel. I can't tell if the forward grip is there, and it doesn't look like the spade grips are present, either.

I'm hearing these are "dumpster" figures, so maybe we're worrying about nothing. I don't think these will be markedly improved if and when they hit the pegs.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
*chortles*

Yeah, I dunno why I thought the quality would be there. Oh, well, custom fodder!

I think on Budo I'm gonna strip the armor, give it a nice paint job and then use it in a display piece I'm working on.

Last edited:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I hope they were just lazy fitting Flint's helmet on. Because that looks silly. Why include a helmet that won't fit the head?!

And yeah, RB's and Budo's faces look like utter shit now. At least they've got an abundance of gear. I'm thinking it's the same Budo head, just not painted for shit.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
And you know it's a fuckup on Hasbro's part when Cobra Commander, Snake Eyes, Duke and Storm Shadow are the more impressive figures from the wave. :rolleyes:

(Aside from Kwinn. Geez, finally. What, like 3 years later?)