GI JOE Super Wave 3 pre-orders up

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com

Mmmhmm Duke. This figure makes me a little happy in the pantalones.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Everyone going nuts over Duke and that one Analyst from Hasbro is going ape shit with his "I told you it was a great idea to release a Duke in every wave - People love Duke"

Next wave will just be 12 different versions of Duke...it will look like a Wave for Iron Man.

EDIT - and yes I ordered 10 or 12 of him already...

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Haha yeah totally. I can see that happening too.

They'll miss the point that we actually like soldiers who look like soldiers. And finally Duke matches that. Well I guess the "Desert Ambush" version from RoC was also pretty popular in its day.. and not because it was "Duke".

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Goddamn Chinese kids eatin' up the McDonalds and becoming fatbodies, messin' up the paint apps!

Hellion42

Meat Shield
May 1, 2013
Side 7
I shouldn't be disappointed that Budo and Data Viper look like absolute trash in bare plastic as opposed to lovingly painted protos, but I am.

Nice little surprise getting the unmasked head with Storm Shadow though.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I have plans to put every one of them to use, as far as customs are concerned. Honestly, I wanted to order more, but figured 31 should hold me over for a little while.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
Have any pics shown up anywhere with these figs on card yet?

Looking at all the accessories and the size of the Retaliation Cards, I'm not sure there's enough room. I'm betting we see new cards for this wave.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Have any pics shown up anywhere with these figs on card yet?

Looking at all the accessories and the size of the Retaliation Cards, I'm not sure there's enough room. I'm betting we see new cards for this wave.

Those sh!tty zip line things...ugh

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
The deco might reflect the Eaglehawk one more...but I think the actual size and shape will be the same as what we've seen for Retaliation. Like it was mentioned above, if they drop the zip line or big launchers, there's more than enough room for all the gear Duke has coming.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Elsewhere, people are still bitching and moaning, and other people are surprised that this is going on.

It makes me happy.

Back to the topic at hand, I'm with Dre. There ought to be plenty of room without the zip lines. The deluxe figures(CC and SS) might require something along the lines of the Retaliation ninja cycles in packaging.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hasbro's white knights among the community are even funnier than the "Fuk yoo, Hasblo!" types.

Joerhyno

Enlisted
Aug 18, 2012
Eaglehawk has that package so they dont have to pay rotalties to paramount. Thats what the hasbro reps said at the con. I asked if the last waves would be the same and they werent even sure as at that time they werent even sure if they were in production yet.

XOC2008

Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Hasbro's white knights among the community are even funnier than the "Fuk yoo, Hasblo!" types.

It's even funnier that they're all clashing over the most stupid things.

'The helmet! Oh god CC's helmet! They changed it!'

'No, it's just the viewing angle, you dumbass!'

'Fuck you, you're wrong! If this is what we're getting, death of teh line!'

'No way, these are super awesome, guys!'

I don't know what everyone else is looking at. But from the pictures I saw, they're merely 'okay'. At best, they're 'good'. I'm hoping that we'll see some more official pictures soon, of non-rejects.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
For the most part, the figures I wanted/was interested in haven't really changed (other than Roadblock's gun), so I'm pretty happy.

XOC2008

Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
For the most part, the figures I wanted/was interested in haven't really changed (other than Roadblock's gun), so I'm pretty happy.

I'm still holding out hope that the picture we saw was some broken piece of crap, and that the gun will be what we saw on display at Toyfair.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I'll be honest, I really don't give a shit anymore. I'll keep the ARAH ones that look good and replace the previous "best yet" version, and use the extras as fodder to some degree or the other. I was excited about this wave a fucking year ago, but not anymore. Goddamn can Hasbro kill momentum, or what?

Really, if they cancelled the retail Joe line altogether, I'd be a little sad, but honestly? It may as well all be exclusives at this point. I haven't bought a single Joe at retail in the last year that hasn't been out, or at least was supposed to be out already, for at least a year already. Not a single one.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
I'll be honest, I really don't give a shit anymore. I'll keep the ARAH ones that look good and replace the previous "best yet" version, and use the extras as fodder to some degree or the other. I was excited about this wave a fucking year ago, but not anymore. Goddamn can Hasbro kill momentum, or what?

Really, if they cancelled the retail Joe line altogether, I'd be a little sad, but honestly? It may as well all be exclusives at this point. I haven't bought a single Joe at retail in the last year that hasn't been out, or at least was supposed to be out already, for at least a year already. Not a single one.

Yeah, the line is seriously suffering. The DG figures (if you can find them) seem to be all that's doing well, and who knows if they'll even continue them?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
My stank-ass DGs haven't restocked. I was excited about wave 3, but it's just taking way too long to get them out. And we're still 4-6 weeks out from when they might start showing up. That is if wave 1 isn't cemented to your stores' shelves.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I guess I'm the weird one. My DGs have both waves on the pegs now, and have been restocking pretty regularly. I've gotten a couple of Shippys this way.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(

Really, if they cancelled the retail Joe line altogether, I'd be a little sad, but honestly? It may as well all be exclusives at this point.

They sure can...so much so that I hardly care about Joes at all anymore...but I guess guys like us here aren't their target audiance...kids and the HT crazies are...

As for DGs...I was outside of my own neck of the woods yesterday...I stopped at two DGs...nothing...Michigan is a waste of time...

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I hope they have something good planned for the future, maybe show it off @ SDCC.

Something like PoC would be great. The "Ultimate" figures would be a good bridge from the Retaliation mythos back to something more "classic" GI JOE. We get a "classic" SS, CC and Kwinn. Duke and Flint actually look like soldiers for once. Roadblock.. meh. If they fix the gun and head I'm happy. CG, Ninja Commando, DV? Meh.. but it keeps the Cobra army builder theme going. Budo? Pass.

Hopefully they can right the ship and get to producing products in a timely fashion.